Parks Discovery Docks park build

Well, here goes. . . for my first foray into the weekend's building, i'm taking inspiration from this image:

wCSyN1D.png

I am particularly interested in the layering of the buildings - the bits that overhang the lower levels.

I'll start with a facade for a storage building.

jt1Nrlk.png

Decorate the lane as stairs, and get the building across the lane happening, fill the storage unit with supplies:

7Nxb3iL.png

ikKUgQh.png

ItRNH5g.png

Add a bridge over the lane.

DgulbVD.png

And lastly in this sitting, take advantage of the 'embedded balconies' that provided the detailing between the buildings to make a storeroom accessible from the rear of the building.

WFnGGPE.png

The build continues. I like the buildings that span the dock and project out over the water. Makes me think of a control tower, like a harbor master's offices or some such. . .

JMeTQVh.png

mZTY20Z.png

POPnIsr.png

That took ages.

That's most of the Pirate Cove facades completed (will have to add all the shops etc behind the facades).
I'm pretty happy with the overall look of it.

WsdMPBI.png

wpmC9yw.png

a27DPo6.png

So I got an urge to tidy up the back of the facades, so that it'll look clean when I plan the shops and rides. . . and I added a couple of shops to get the guests roaming about.

5uQf3PI.png

Ja6uRJm.png

And then I went slightly mad, and added a castle facade lol . . .

9fPcNEo.png

yDnka3c.png

J8JWflb.png

This facade is supposed to be something like the big boss's house. I moved it to a flat spot on the opposite side of the Cove and I'm returning to the castle area.

qh5R2JI.png

Now, a challenge.

I found another pirate village image online that tickled me. It's got a multi-level look as well. With limited pieces and limited patience I won't be able to reproduce it accurately, but I'll draw on it for inspiration to make a few more facades.

First, the piles, sunk into the water. . .

ngwDor0.png

And then up we go . . .

IW7C0CN.png

8cOMSMC.png

rG5PRaB.png

0CIXswD.png

oyAimwt.png

I cannot believe how long all this takes, and how little sleep I'm getting.

I think that will do for the weekend. See you guys again next weekend. [happy][yesnod][happy][yesnod][happy]

Last edited:
Absolutely Amazing James, How many hours have you already invested in this project?. I am so looking forward to a blue print of this . [yesnod]

I'd say between 50 and 100 hours so far. I will check it more accurately later based on the original screenshot timestamps.

Happy to share the game file, maybe next weekend. Tried Win+G to make video but it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit: The total so far is about 80 hours.

Last edited:
I'm loving this park James. That last structure with the support posts is excellent.[up] The only concern for me is the second image. The loos are so close to the Cosmic Cow shop that I'd think twice before buying a chocolate milkshake or lemonade from there. [hehe]
On the video front, if you have a Nvidia graphics card, it has an excellent video recorder built in that's dead easy to use. It's called Shadowplay. I'd love to see a video of this park.

I'm loving this park James. That last structure with the support posts is excellent.[up] The only concern for me is the second image. The loos are so close to the Cosmic Cow shop that I'd think twice before buying a chocolate milkshake or lemonade from there. [hehe]
On the video front, if you have a Nvidia graphics card, it has an excellent video recorder built in that's dead easy to use. It's called Shadowplay. I'd love to see a video of this park.

Thanks again for the kind feedback folks.
Nemmie; I'll check out Shadowplay thanks for that. I'll have to install some high speed extractor fans in those toilets lol.

I have connected the new facade to the castle with a restaurant seating area.

2hwb87d.png

Added some interior stairs - rather a fiddly exercise...

WC0TEe6.png

LOxstb9.png

IKLHnZw.png

Complete the join:

e9bHkPu.png

bOFdoS6.png

That interior with the stairs is absolutely beautiful. Good job there! And excellent park, im liking a lot what you are doing with the multi layered pirate zone.

Thanks again for the feedback.
I'm starting to feel a bit of a grind here in Pirate Cove, so i'm going to tidy up and go make a start on a different themed area.

Tidying up the back of the facades. . .

JfwyhX9.png

zdlKKTL.png

Checking all the lighting. . .

gcG9I9m.png

aPIeOrK.png

RFqzd9j.png

Top level / roof i haven't decided yet. . .

iNaYJVG.png

I want to add a couple of rides before leaving the Cove. The first will be behind the castle facade.

ZeSuJtD.png

wfAi8ci.png

4BVy7xe.png

And extending the layered area, plus shops. . .

a9aOcNo.png

6lVYSqB.png

igXfgB1.png

mnmiz9j.png

VcBeUiJ.png

Another ride . . .

iTi0cX3.png

And now Pirate Cove is good enough for a while. Next weekend i'll have a go at some Asian themes.

r1ZNJ36.png

YMlbB9S.png

One last thing - a couple of you asked for videos of the coaster . . . here you go:

[video=youtube_share;Qn4Yfg2eSrQ]https://youtu.be/Qn4Yfg2eSrQ[/video] [video=youtube_share;BUuk6UAfj68]https://youtu.be/BUuk6UAfj68[/video]

Top Bottom