Discovery Scanner 1 - Creating a Galaxy with Dr Anthony Ross

Hey everyone,

This is where you'll need to go to watch Ant's talk tonight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3nhCykZNw

'For episode 1 of Discovery Scanner, we're joined by Programmer Dr Anthony Ross, who will talk us through the creation of the Elite Dangerous galaxy - including how the stellar forge was created. Let's go behind the scenes like never before.

Discovery Scanner is a new Elite Dangerous livestream series where we take deep dives in to the creation of some of Elite Dangerous's most exciting features and aspects.'

Enjoy! See you at 7PM GMT

Woot! Looking very forward to this!

Please let there be some more previews of the Cure for Beige coming next year!

Last edited:
Will be watching this! - I second Mengys request to see more sneek peeks of the cure for Beige please Ed :)

Thank you
Nutter
o7

This will be terrific ! - tech content.
watching the brocast catch-up with cmdr josh hawkins at the moment while I do a 10hr enhancement on my ED motion chair. It will take 'till about 10pm tonight before I'm 'flying in 3dof' again but it will be great to tune in to this episode while I work.

cmdr blastard

Stoked I am :)
photo-1081.gif

Last edited:
Super, really super!

Ed, will there be anything on the upcoming changes to planets, or is it a more general look on how the Stellar Forge works?

Super, really super!

Ed, will there be anything on the upcoming changes to planets, or is it a more general look on how the Stellar Forge works?

Speech itself had in-depth overview about how SF works and what kind of info it contains - but not related with development changes visually or at least not tied to Q1 changes.

We will see if FD will have added some bits, as sure this will be much better rehearsed and supported lecture.

Last edited:
Speech itself had in-depth overview about how SF works and what kind of info it contains - but not related with development changes visually or at least not tied to Q1 changes.

We will see if FD will have added some bits, as sure this will be much better rehearsed and supported lecture.

This is the same lecture as the one you saw at FX, but with the ability for Ant to be a little more descriptive, and show some things off using in-game examples.

As for rehearsals... errrm, we had a chat about it. The first one was actually rehearsed quite a lot!

Ed

Hey everyone,

This is where you'll need to go to watch Ant's talk tonight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3nhCykZNw

'For episode 1 of Discovery Scanner, we're joined by Programmer Dr Anthony Ross, who will talk us through the creation of the Elite Dangerous galaxy - including how the stellar forge was created. Let's go behind the scenes like never before.

Discovery Scanner is a new Elite Dangerous livestream series where we take deep dives in to the creation of some of Elite Dangerous's most exciting features and aspects.'

Enjoy! See you at 7PM GMT

That is awesome. I love shows like this.
Remember that show about planet generation? I watched it three times.

Last edited:
Also, if you run out of time then please just go over. I'd rather watch a long but informative stream than a truncated one due to time constraints.

It's more of a look at how things were made, rather than a look to the future.

Ed

Why not both? One leads very much into the other rather nicely!!! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom