Discovery Scanner 2 - Bringing a Thargon Swarm to Life with Mark Allen

Excellent livestream! Again. Can't wait for the next one.

I can't help but see many opportunities with this system given the results, versatility and limited network footprint. Even for atmospherics: such system could be used to model, track and make persistent and evolutive weather conditions such as cyclones, jet streams. Used as vector fields to create clouds and particle systems, turbulences on flight model when we'll have atmospherics, etc.

[video=youtube_share;KFgZE_k-12Q]https://youtu.be/KFgZE_k-12Q[/video]

Last edited:
Mark, haven't finished yet but can I just say that the idea of using those rotational polar like co-ordinate positions rather than simple catesian co-ordinates (so that the Thargons move to their next position in spiral rather than linear motions is pure GENIUS!).

o7

Last edited:
Mark, haven't finished yet but can I just say that the idea of using those rotational polar co-ordinate like positions rather than simple catesian co-ordinates (so that the Thargons move to their next position in spiral rather than linear motions is pure GENIUS!).

o7

Thats why I love how FDEV handle problems or goals: big dose of maths, clever approaches and without forgetting the whole picture and how a feature has to blend with others within the foundations.

Thank you Frontier Developments for doing these streams. I am really impressed by the people working on this amazing game. [up]

Hats off to whoever came with the idea of the Discovery Scanner streams. They are awesome! I get to learn about science, math, programming, and my favorite game. Great job guys!

Top Bottom