Discovery Scanner 2 - Bringing a Thargon Swarm to Life with Mark Allen

That was something out of this world. Impressed. I know game development usually attracts creative crowd, but this is....wow.

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Cheers for that Mark and Ed, mathematics is definitely my bag baby and some of that was simply beautiful both in input and end results........#nice

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I think it's worth picking up on something Mark said in the stream. He was working on things that will be included in Beyond before he started work on the Thargons!

Yeah but guys, don't you know. ED is in maintenance mode. ;)

Superb stream and very interesting to hear that he was working on beyond before he even got to work on the thargon.

I think it's worth picking up on something Mark said in the stream. He was working on things that will be included in Beyond before he started work on the Thargons!

Snap. It was as I suspected.

Beyond is 'wrapping up work on base game 2.0'. Everyone reading changelogs and gathering evidence from dev posts FD has been moving forward this for more than year now.

Great livestream! It all went a bit like this about halfway when the brutal maths came out to play:

Scanners-horror-movies-7085176-500-375.jpg

In my head I kind of simplified it to 'punching space jelly' which made the maths easier to understand.

Great stream and it was really interesting to get an insight into how it was done. So far this has been a fantastic series.

Thanks for another cracking stream [up]
It's great to get a glimpse of the amount of time, effort and creativity you put into making this stuff.

Cool presentation, I love this series, I thought those swarms looked amazing when I first saw them, I don't watch too much videos about Elite not to spoil little there is for myself but this I watch glued to the screen.

what's the next one gonna be about?

Yep. So much for the claims that the game is dead, dying and abandoned. Goes to show how much work goes into making this game. Think of all the stuff they're already working on now for the future. And unlike other companies by the time they show they've already got the code to back up what they're talking about, it's not all theorycraft.

Top Bottom