Discovery Scanner [Weekly Update] - 14/03/22

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

It feels like it's been a while since I wrote one of these weekly updates for you, and it's good to be back. We've got multiple things for you to look forward to this week. You may also see that we're trying out a new name for these posts, as they've evolved to be more than just a schedule post.

So without further ado, let's dive in.

Odyssey Update 11
After we detected some issues in the final round of checks, we moved Update 11 into this week. We're currently on schedule to roll out the update early this week as we're just undertaking those final, final, checks again!

Living under a space rock and not sure what Update 11 brings? The major attraction is definitely the Fleet Carrier Interiors. The dev team have pulled out all the stops with these beautiful interiors for your very own megaships. I'm as excited as you are to take a seat, relax, and enjoy that Frame Shift jump. Talking about sitting... don't own a fleet carrier? No problem! The galaxy is full of chairs ready for you to...err... sit down on.

Apart from Fleet Carrier interiors, you'll also be getting a new mission type, alongside another wave of fixes - so make sure to jump into game this week and try it out!

FleetCarrierBar.png

Streams Return!
We're excited to return to the world of Twitch & YouTube this week with a brand new Elite stream from the community team! The stream is going to take place at a new time of 16:00 UTC every Thursday. We're reducing our streams down to once a week, but doubling the amount of time we stream for on those days. So you're not losing any content, it just gives us more time to plan each show and bring you higher quality content straight from our studio (COVID permitting).

Twitch Drops
With the return of our streams, also comes the return of Twitch Drops! Starting this week, you'll be able to earn in-game cosmetic items by tuning into our Elite Dangerous weekly streams. As well as the classic purple bundle, we've also been hard at work on new sets of drops for you to earn each season - first up will be some of our Spring season paintjobs for the Type-9, so you can haul in style.

Community Event Calendar
This week will also see the arrival of the Community Event Calendar! We're excited to see the community get their hands on this and look forward to seeing a range of events come in. This will be a great resource for Commanders out there who are looking to find groups to play with, and an even better resource if you're a member of a group looking to promote your event! We'll have more to show off on the calendar later in the week, and we're keen to hear your thoughts and feedback on this first iteration of the calendar.

Colonia Bridge Reward Issues
The team are currently investigating reports that some Commanders aren't receiving their emissive paintjob rewards that should've been handed out recently, stay tuned for updates on that. In terms of the Brewer Corp Decal, that will be available in-game for those that earned it this week, following Update 11.

Console Odyssey Decision
In case you missed it, David Braben released an update on the status of Odyssey on consoles last week, which you can read here. Whilst we don't have any new information to give you right now, the team have been listening and noting the questions you have, as well as your requests for a more substantial platform transfer of Commander data.

Elite Dangerous Community Meetup
We wanted to say a big thank you to all of the Commanders who attended the Elite Dangerous community meetup recently! It had been a long time coming due to COVID-19 but it was great to finally meet a lot you in person and celebrate the game together. We're incredibly proud to say that the community raised over £2500 for SpecialEffect, which will help them do some fantastic things.

---

Ok, that covers everything from our side, now let's take a look at what some of the community have been up to! In future weeks, we're also keen to share some highlighted community events from the calendar here too.

Lost Souls Expedition 3
It's expedition time! Be sure to check out the third Lost Souls expedition from The Fatherhood if you're interested and join over 150 Commanders already registered here.

Akeyuk Charity Stream
Congratulations to Akeyuk who raised £1,475.34 for Macmillan in a 24-hour Elite livestream recently! If you'd like to catch the highlights, you can do so here.

Commander Creations

Source: https://twitter.com/Jaguarious/status/1501112682501398529

Jaguarious has stunned the entire community team with this scale model of a Fleet Carrier, complete with functional lights! (How can I get one of these sent to me?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/tbs2wx Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/tbs2wx/jealous/

Believe it or not, it is the FRAMESHIFT drive, not the friendship drive, despite what your ears may tell you. Don't worry, I can hear it too.

---

And that's a wrap! Have a great week Commanders.

o7

The lack of a graphical schedule that I can photoshop for LOLs displeases me, Zac.

Community Event Calendar
This week will also see the arrival of the Community Event Calendar! We're excited to see the community get their hands on this and look forward to seeing a range of events come in. This will be a great resource for Commanders out there who are looking to find groups to play with, and an even better resource if you're a member of a group looking to promote your event! We'll have more to show off on the calendar later in the week, and we're keen to hear your thoughts and feedback on this first iteration of the calendar.

Oh, GOD!

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Zac Cocken said:
Jaguarious has stunned the entire community team with this scale model of a Fleet Carrier, complete with functional lights! (How can I get one of these sent to me)

I guess you need to fork over 5 billion? That’s the going rate for a basic version.

Top Bottom