Discovery Scanner [Weekly Update] - 16/05/2022

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

Apologies that this Discovery Scanner is coming a little later than usual, it's been a busy one but now it's time to round out the day with some Elite Dangerous talk as we approach the one-year anniversary of Odyssey!

Update 12 & Frameshift Live
We're back with a new episode of Frameshift Live this Thursday, and as Update 12 is due later this month, we're going to be having a sneak preview at some of the changes the team have been working on since the last update. Alongside that, we'll have our usual community highlights as well as most-likely chaotic gameplay and Twitch Drops! Make sure to join us on Twitch at 4PM BST on Thursday 19th May for Frameshift Live #8!

Community Event Calendar Spotlight: Operation Warbucks Charity Event

Warbucks.png

We usually like to highlight upcoming things on the calendar, but this week we felt it was only right to give a massive congratulations to the team involved with the Operation Warbucks Charity livestream event. They streamed over 48 hours of Elite Dangerous during the weekend, and raised over $10,000 for Save The Children by doing so. Yet another example of the Elite Dangerous community going above and beyond.

Commander Creations
Sticking to a similar theme, this week we want to highlight some of the wonderful in-universe adverts that were created by ToCoSo in partnership with the charity event and the release of his latest Elite-inspired album. Check out the adverts below featuring some familiar voices from the Elite community:

---

And that's it for today's Discovery Scanner, it's a shorter one this week as we'll have a bit more to talk about regarding Update 12 on Thursday, so see you then!

o7

Update 12 & Frameshift Live
We're back with a new episode of Frameshift Live this Thursday, and as Update 12 is due later this month, we're going to be having a sneak preview at some of the changes the team have been working on since the last update.

Excellent thank you, something to look forward to :)

I've completely lost interest I'm afraid. That so called roadmap, or however it was referred to, was the last straw for me. It was fun whilst it lasted. Last one out switch the lights off.

The we want a roadmap and we want it yesterday ones.

You are complaining that people want something different from you & think they shouldn't be allowed to?

I've been wanting to know what's going on for years, it's most of the reason why I read this forum. Currently we are getting this info. Perhaps you could show a little tolerance & ignore that part that doesn't interest you & wait for the bit you want.

People tell FDev what they want. FDev delivers something, which means the people that want that thing are satisfied (however briefly) and that make you unhappy?

You are complaining that people want something different from you & think they shouldn't be allowed to?

I've been wanting to know what's going on for years, it's most of the reason why I read this forum. Currently we are getting this info. Perhaps you could show a little tolerance & ignore that part that doesn't interest you & wait for the bit you want.

People tell FDev what they want. FDev delivers something, which means the people that want that thing are satisfied (however briefly) and that make you unhappy?
No I was responding to someone who was saying that the and I quote “That so called roadmap, or however it was referred to,” was the last straw. My unhappiness was with the fact that the roadmap hadn’t made them happy because it was less than they wanted I suppose.

No I was responding to someone who was saying that the and I quote “That so called roadmap, or however it was referred to,” was the last straw. My unhappiness was with the fact that the roadmap hadn’t made them happy because it was less than they wanted I suppose.

It's a pretty empty roadmap, their opinion is justified and the CM team seem well aware of this.

Personally I don't mind what they do, I just want to know what's coming (wrt game development). I am considerably less interested in either the storyline or what other Cmdrs have been up to, but I recognise that there are others who are & do not insult them.

Top Bottom