Discussing the forthcoming 2.2 - Passenger Tourist Destinations thread

Will we have a list of the selected destinations with the CMDRs names? I'd be curious to see how many are and if my name is somewhere :D

Oh, now here I was about to rage quit over being interdicted continually at every stop of a milk run but now I hear they are adding passengers! Wow, now THAT is just the kind of spine-tingling excitement that will save this game from being the utterly ridiculous pile of overcomplicated crap that it is- and no, I can't stop playing it. PLEASE FIX THIS GAME. We really, really, really do NOT need any more milk-run content. Really. I'm pretty sure the idea that hauling imaginary passengers around imaginary space sounded fun to the same people that dreamed up the PowerPlay nonsense, and I can't wait for the hugely complicated cluster**** that awaits us. If you think staring at the mission board for five minutes is fun now, just wait!

This is a game. Everything is imaginary.

First impressions

I started 2.2 buying a Beluga Liner and picking up passengers from a spaceport with allied factions. It's been a lot of fun from the start: where do I get my luxus-class passenger the consumer technology he's asking for? As I never flew a ship this big, I got showered with fines in about every space station I docked - along with an occasional tongue-lashing from my luxury and first-class passengers. The tourist destinations lead to navigation points only. I'm really looking forward to be able to land on the earth-like planets and actually visit the tourist destination, in order to see first hand why I get paid a few million bucks just to fly there, at a later stage of the game development. As a casual player, visiting Jacques Station is of course a joke, but that scientific lady seems to know the location of a carbon star, not too far from the bubble.

The Beluga Liner was interdicted a few times, but encountered nothing that it couldn't handle with its five gimballed multicannons, except that expert Viper MkIV, from which I still could high-wake away. No more instant kills from deadly anacondas like after the release of 2.1. I'm just competent rated in combat, flying a Beluga which modules that are not A-grade and not engineered, and I got only manageable foes so far. I even get a warning before jumping with my precious and high-paying passengers into a lawless system. So, things are back to where they should be since the release of 2.1 from my point of view.

Greetings Commanders

Robert de Vries

Last edited:
Will we have a list of the selected destinations with the CMDRs names? I'd be curious to see how many are and if my name is somewhere :D

Me too. Gutted to see that Mitterand Hollow appears not to have made the list (or at least, if it has I can't find the beacon) since not only did I bag in with the very first post on the selection thread but numerous other people suggested it subsequently (although I still claim first dibs). Mind you, re-reading the original request for input it does say ..

although we may not use them all for the initial release.
.. so I guess it might still turn up (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
Top Bottom