Discussing the forthcoming 2.2 - Passenger Tourist Destinations thread

Sweet idea!

Question: Will Frontier be giving the Orca a jump range boost now that Tourists could well be travelling outside the human bubble?

If Michael should read this thread, I'd be curious to ask how he envisages space-tourism missions differing from the more standard "point A to point B" type passenger missions?

Also, I am curious to know if these passengers will have the ability to try and "sidetrack" commanders along the way?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Question: Will the missing passenger-ships be included in 2.2 (Dolphin, Beluga)?

Well, the picture at the top of Michael's thread clearly shows a Dolphin, so I'd say that's a big "yes".

If Michael should read this thread, I'd be curious to ask how he envisages space-tourism missions differing from the more standard "point A to point B" type passenger missions?

Also, I am curious to know if these passengers will have the ability to try and "sidetrack" commanders along the way?

Well, the picture at the top of Michael's thread clearly shows a Dolphin, so I'd say that's a big "yes".

If they stick to the DDF, yes, passengers will ask pilots to do missions,with higher class ones offering the better ones. Slaves might also come into the equation at some point...

Will there be passenger cabins modules of different luxury levels for different classes of passengers or will class increase increase number of people you can stuff into module???

Great idea, that other thread is gonna have some awesome stuff in it by the end.

Quick question, can we post more than one suggestion?

Oh ... and hi Ozric o/
Damn but that was close, there must have been just seconds between our two Mitterand Hollow posts! LOL :p

If they stick to the DDF, yes, passengers will ask pilots to do missions,with higher class ones offering the better ones. Slaves might also come into the equation at some point...

If they only had some way to give you missions (or updates to missions) while in space. Some sort of message being delivered to you from a NPC.

Oh wait...

:D

How will passenger destinations on the surface work, a low-altitude fly-by, or do you have to land nearby? ....or a multi-person SRV? :)

Michael Brookes

Game Director

It's an Orca.

Michael

Question: Will the missing passenger-ships be included in 2.2 (Dolphin, Beluga)?

As Michael Brookes said during the 2.1 beta livestream, new ships are now tied to a specific gameplay, so Dolphin and Beluga liners should be introduced with the 2.2 patch as the ship launched fighters too ;)

Can you confim that Mr Brookes?

Last edited:
How far out is too far out?

For one I would like VY Canis Majoris to be a sight seeing destination.(same system)

How are the missions going to trigger success I wonder especially sight seeing.
Hope its not another use of RNG like we have with USS mission points.
Who am I kidding its bound to be, lol

A couple of quick questions:
How long are tourists willing to spend in transit and how long might they want to spend at their destinations?
Are there going to be missions that need weeks or months of real time to complete? That would be quite a commitment from the player - it would have to be very rewarding!
Should we be ruling out anything beyond a certain distance from consideration?​
(I notice Sgr A* was quickly nominated but even though I have been there twice it is still no mean effort to reach - I can take on a delivery mission in the bubble without being too worried about the consequences for my game for the next day but a mission to take someone to Sgr A* is a serious undertaking not to be taken lightly. I'm not against missions to Sgr A* but I wouldn't want to see players burn out by taking them on in unsuitable ships without preparation).

Top Bottom