Dinosaurs Discussing the Hererresaurus.

I just wanted to make this thread because I feel the Herreresaurus is in my opinion a breakthrough dinosaur in this game. I do realize it is not as special as the indoraptor, which has its own set of animations and everything, but it has its own movie character.

This is something that the Herresaurus lacks, yet it is extremely detailed compared to other small theropods. It has an interesting eating animation with movement that actually is directed away from the feeder, which is unique, and has its own unique hunting animations.

Unlike most small dinosaurs, who pounce and rip the jugular, the Herresaurus has increased size(biggest small carnivore other than Indo if it’s not considered medium), it goes round the prey and actually crushes the neck. Not only does this have a more certain area of success realistically, it’s a stand alone animation. It also has its own kill animation, which it does a related animation yet it’s still stand alone. My point in this, is it is unique.

The acrocanthosaurus has a single modified animation, which is good and all, but relatively the same. The proceratosaurus is basically a remodeled troodon, with a new hunting animation. Uniqueness is key in this game, and it breaks away from the set animations. Down below, please criticize or add things you like about this dinosaur.

I don't know why but the herrerasaurus doesn't live up to the legendary status is supposed to be I wish they divided the Skins into three exotic skins and three solid colored skins.

I found the hererrasaurus to be really interesting of a creature. Mainly because despite how it looks like a raptor, it behaves, animates, and feels like a completely different dinosaur, which is a hard task as carnivorous dinosaurs are all often very similar.

The velociraptor represents a dinosaur from the late cretaceous, adapted to hunt and portrayed to be an intelligent creature in the movies.

Hererrasaurus is a creature from the triassic, not as agile and very primitive in act in look, but you could see when carnivorous dinosaurs get their ferocity from.

I like the skins for the herrera, it is not as interesting or colorful as other dinosaurs but I think that adds a primitive charm to the creature. They don't need to be colorful because they may not integrate color in their social lifestyle. But like the raptors, I do want to see a skin that represents their first JP/W appearance. I would love to see at the very least, a jungle skin that is reddish with the steppe's black spots to represent JP the game's depiction. I am happy with what he has and I am liking their arid skin the most. Not that common of a pattern and coloring to other dinosaurs.

Agree with all said. I am hoping so much that terrain tools will be added, so skins can be put to use. It would be absolutely amazing to see an arid Herresaurus in a desert.

I found the hererrasaurus to be really interesting of a creature. Mainly because despite how it looks like a raptor, it behaves, animates, and feels like a completely different dinosaur, which is a hard task as carnivorous dinosaurs are all often very similar.

The velociraptor represents a dinosaur from the late cretaceous, adapted to hunt and portrayed to be an intelligent creature in the movies.

Hererrasaurus is a creature from the triassic, not as agile and very primitive in act in look, but you could see when carnivorous dinosaurs get their ferocity from.

I like the skins for the herrera, it is not as interesting or colorful as other dinosaurs but I think that adds a primitive charm to the creature. They don't need to be colorful because they may not integrate color in their social lifestyle. But like the raptors, I do want to see a skin that represents their first JP/W appearance. I would love to see at the very least, a jungle skin that is reddish with the steppe's black spots to represent JP the game's depiction. I am happy with what he has and I am liking their arid skin the most. Not that common of a pattern and coloring to other dinosaurs.
Agree with all said.

I can see your point. I was quite disapoinyed when the modified skins didn’t seem better than the null one. I do hope they do something to fix this.
Me too.... however I was hoping that they would have a skin that resembled the Jurassic Park the game herrerasaurus skin. I don't know why but the Pyro skin look for this dinosaur looks even better then the current skins on this animal. We need a beautiful and exotic jungle skin for the Herrera.😉👍

Me too.... however I was hoping that they would have a skin that resembled the Jurassic Park the game herrerasaurus skin. I don't know why but the Pyro skin look for this dinosaur looks even better then the current skins on this animal. We need a beautiful and exotic jungle skin for the Herrera.😉👍
Mhm. I would love to see it come back with the new model. 👍

The Herrerasaurus is fine. One of the best theropod models in the game and the skins are fine as well.

The only problem it has is the one that all the theropods have in the game due to movie accuracy. The broken pronated wrists.
I haven’t noticed that, I’ll be sure to check that out when I get home.

I haven’t noticed that, I’ll be sure to check that out when I get home.
It's pretty much the biggest anatomy inaccuracy in the game, more than the feathers really. Actual theropods cannot rotate their wrists that way. The hands face inwards, not downwards. Great for grabbing prey. Not so great for slapping thighs.
So yeah, all theropods in the JP and JW have broken wrists. The the number one thing people get wrong when reconstructing dinosaurs.

The Herrerasaurus is fine. One of the best theropod models in the game and the skins are fine as well.

The only problem it has is the one that all the theropods have in the game due to movie accuracy. The broken pronated wrists.
Well I don't have anything against the Herrerasaurus other than the skins

Last edited:
My only complaint with the Herrarasaurus aside from the lack of vibrant skins, is that it has the least amount of gene mod slots out of any of the small carnivores... Herra has 7 slots, while Raptor, Troodon, Procerato, and Dilo all have 8 slots, and for some reason Deino has 11?....

My only complaint with the Herrarasaurus aside from the lack of vibrant skins, is that it has the least amount of gene mod slots out of any of the small carnivores... Herra has 7 slots, while Raptor, Troodon, Procerato, and Dilo all have 8 slots, and for some reason Deino has 11?....
I am dumbfounded on the Deino’s slots, makes no sense honestly. I do feel it was geared towards being the largest pack animal though, so would have more room for variety.

I feel that this is probably in the wrong section, though I'm sure our all powerful mod will move it for you at some point.

Top Bottom