Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

ryan_m

Banned
Hello everyone,
On 3/13, the Distant Ganks 2 expedition eclipsed 3,000 player kills (PC only), marking the official end of the journey for us. This unprecedented expedition has brought emergent content through competitive exploration to a record number of players. I could not be more proud of what the group has done. Before I congratulate specific CMDRs for their contributions, I'd like to cover the final stats from the journey:

DG2 Final Tally

Quick Stats

• 3,023 Open-only kills
  • 14.91% of active DW2 roster killed
  • 47 kills/day average
  • 372.8 billion cr. kill cost (est.)
  • 18.6 billion cr. rebuy cost (est.)
  • 1,813 unique CMDR kills
  • 75 unique killers

When Distant Ganks 2 began, I had estimated that we would achieve 300 kills, best case scenario. After the massive first week success (1,068 kills), I set a stretch target of 3,000 kills by Sagittarius A* that I thought might be possible with a LOT of work on our part. Thankfully, the brain trust of DG2 leadership was able to pull off the impossible, as we always do.

PS4 Stats

• ~200 kills
  • Longest confirmed deportation: 9,160 ly

Superlatives

MVP: Czertigre

Czertigre was a brand new participant to DG2 and he really dove headfirst into the effort. Securing 231 kills, the most of the journey, he was an instrumental part of our success.

PS4 MVP: FerosFerioGTR

Furthest Deportation: Smecca is BMFE (25,946ly)

Most Killed CMDR: HprDrv (22 deaths)

Most Combat Logs: [redacted] (9 clogs)

Deadliest Day: 723 kills, January 13th, 3305

DG2 Motivational CMDR Award: DeathDingo

On top of securing kill #3000, DeathDingo provided incredible motivation to the squad during the slow periods. Your contribution is appreciated.

Thank Yous

• Harry Potter, for streaming 10 hours a day for nearly 2 straight weeks
  • FDev, for giving us a perfect consequence-free method of doing our thing and ensuring that no real PvP was taking place for us to potentially miss
  • DW2 admins, for continually stoking the fears your playerbase had about the expedition by encouraging poorly-fit builds, banning anyone attempting to provide outfitting help for open which turned many to our side, locking both the Discord AND PG during busiest time of the expedition, and instantly moderating all discussion of ganking so that no one had any idea it was happening until they got deported back to the bubble.
  • The DW2 Fleet Defense Force, for helping us pad our kill stats
  • Saltlords, for obvious reasons

Closing

Since we have achieved our target of 3k kills by Sagittarius A*, the main group is already on the way back to the core for some old-school PvP. For many of us, this scratched the ganking itch we've had for a while and it's back to normal PvP for us. For others, it awoken a sleeping beast inside of them that only player rebuys can satiate.

Thank you, and God bless.

Last edited:
DG2 Motivational CMDR Award: DeathDingo

On top of securing kill #3000, DeathDingo provided incredible motivation to the squad during the slow periods. Your contribution is appreciated.
I totally can confirm that. Dingo was there ALL THE time :D
After his first gank try on my Phantom, he sent me a friend request, henceforth I could see him. And as said, he was there EVERY TIME I was on.

Right on, CMDR, Z0

(he didn't get me though :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
While a im a explorer and play basically in solo mode, ive been changing the way i set my ships, since it does make sense that a expedition as DW2 could and would fallen to the hands of someone like u guys, since most explorations build advice that are given are basically to have a ship that can jump far, but is made of paper and cant stand any sort of combat...

My personal opinion is, this game as room for all, and when im ready im gonna venture in the "open", as for your achievements, despite i dont suport preying on the defenseless, i say good job and congrats on achieving your goals.

See u around one of this days.

o7 commanders

ryan_m

Banned
While a im a explorer and play basically in solo mode, ive been changing the way i set my ships, since it does make sense that a expedition as DW2 could and would fallen to the hands of someone like u guys, since most explorations build advice that are given are basically to have a ship that can jump far, but is made of paper and cant stand any sort of combat...

My personal opinion is, this game as room for all, and when im ready im gonna venture in the "open", as for your achievements, despite i dont suport preying on the defenseless, i say good job and congrats on achieving your goals.

See u around one of this days.

o7 commanders

As long as you build for the threats, you'll never die for us. A ton of people got away because they outfitted properly.

Wow guys. Great read, as usual Ryan. Congratulations! You all really went all in. Looking forward to seeing those who return back in the bubble :)

Z0

I totally can confirm that. Dingo was there ALL THE time :D
After his first gank try on my Phantom, he sent me a friend request, henceforth I could see him. And as said, he was there EVERY TIME I was on.

Right on, CMDR, Z0

(he didn't get me though :p)

Lucky you had a ship a lot faster than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goose4291

Banned
The DW2 Fleet Defense Force, for helping us pad our kill stats

JwDnYc3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom