Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have to ask and this is an honest question, what is the point in simply attacking Explorers, who are clearly not fit to offer any kind of challenge or resistance?
  1. Fun to make ship go boom
  2. Zarek told me to
  3. Salt
  4. Reaction to / disgust with other people's play / posting styles
  5. Lulz
  6. Roleplaying the baddie
  7. Camaraderie with the other gankers
  8. We are homicidal lunatics who never leave the basement and can only fill the deep existential hole within ourselves with the pain and suffering of others

Take your pick. Most of us have a mix and match from that list. I probably forgot a few.

Last edited:
I have to ask and this is an honest question, what is the point in simply attacking Explorers, who are clearly not fit to offer any kind of challenge or resistance?

Let me summarise it for you:

tumblr_nap5j9ltem1rejun1o4_400.gif

Last edited:

It's about notoriety and fame.
It's also about the camaraderie and clumping into fraternities.
In a way it's also like explorers getting their name next to a celestial body; it's a pure ego trip.

Hats off to those Commanders who have done great and/or very interesting things but choose to remain in the shadows.

o7

It's about notoriety and fame.
It's also about the camaraderie and clumping into fraternities.
In a way it's also like explorers getting their name next to a celestial body; it's a pure ego trip.

Hats off to those Commanders who have done great and/or very interesting things but choose to remain in the shadows.

o7

So you admit that explorers are on a huge ego trip? I agree. Reason enough right there to destroy those uppity players!

So you admit that explorers are on a huge ego trip? I agree. Reason enough right there to destroy those uppity players!

Tough luck, you could kill me 10,000 times and my tags would prevail. You on the other hand would have proof of basic combat skills.

On another note, how do you know that all those CMDRs are ego driven? Can't the same be said about PvP as it's a competitive activity?

Of course not every Explorer is exclusively ego driven. I would even hazard a guess and say most are not. But there are some. Just like in Trade and Combat. Most of us are ego driven to some extent; it's a continuum.

Some folk simply have the need to call attention to themselves for a multitude of very different psychological reasons.

Some people can feed their egos without accolade and others require it.

Interestingly, Tinman aka Toaster Face, the egoless SAI-4 artificial intelligence "vampire" droid of Commander Zarek Null, would not participate in DG-2 because it would quickly come to the conclusion that the costs of jumping ceaselessly would outweigh any benefit. And it would starve and start rusting.

o7

Addendum:

Dear Tinman,

I am sorry I called you Toaster Face, you can't help it, and being likened to a toaster is disrespectful.

Also you would not rust in space because there is no oxygen.

xoxo

o7

s.l.

How on earth did I not see this! Love the initiative, and commend your effort - considering it's more difficult in a combat vessel!

Are you guys also bounty hunting in systems - I know it's only pve... just trying to figure out how the systems state changes to civil war after you guys go through the systems!

How on earth did I not see this! Love the initiative, and commend your effort - considering it's more difficult in a combat vessel!

Are you guys also bounty hunting in systems - I know it's only pve... just trying to figure out how the systems state changes to civil war after you guys go through the systems!

Appreciate the ack' that this trip is more tedious in my opinion tougher via a combat vessel.

Being wanted and thus unable to hand in vounchers nor resupply ammo has led me to not bother bounty hunting. Others might have.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised that if there's combat CG at WP7, some DG2's will be high on the list (only because fewer and fewer DW2 in open, so what else left to do)? Unlikely, but possible. Especially if the decal looks nice.

Last edited:
Appreciate the ack' that this trip is more tedious in my opinion tougher via a combat vessel.

Being wanted and thus unable to hand in vounchers nor resupply ammo has led me to not bother bounty hunting. Others might have.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised that if there's combat CG at WP7, some DG2's will be high on the list (only because fewer and fewer DW2 in open, so what else left to do)? Unlikely, but possible. Especially if the decal looks nice.

Traditionally mining CGs are accompanied by a "protect the traders" bounty hunting goal, so I'd guess you're right about that. But I would think most of the DG2 pilots who make it that far are likely to be wanted at the station, and thus unable to turn in bounties. Or do you think there's a non-trivial number who would go all the way back to Colonia or somewhere to clear their names first?

Or do you think there's a non-trivial number who would go all the way back to Colonia or somewhere to clear their names first?

Yes, because "all the way back to Colonia" in a Phantom or Guardian-Booster-equipped Cutter really isn't that far, and, despite the tendency for people to desire to apply negative attributes to their foes, most of DG2 are neither lazy nor lacking in resolve.

I agree, most DG2 pilots are not lazy and certainly do not lack in resolve. However, how about transparency? Will we get an update on the latest kill numbers?

No doubt the numbers will be lower because many of DW2 have dropped out all altogether and others of DW2 may have learned their lesson to not play in Open.

Just curious about the extent of honesty of DG2. If you do publish honest numbers you will have my esteem.

o7

Recently I saw some very interesting CMDR names in colonia, fresh accounts from february... My spider sense is tingling, I have a feeling we are in a calm before a storm :D

I ran into a DG wing last night and was chased from system to system for quite a while. I was also hampered by testing custom graphics settings that made my hyperspace load times greater and having half of them on my friends list...but I eventually encountered a momement of respite.

[video=youtube;gKuVyKaodj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuVyKaodj0[/video]

Normally would have actively engaged them a bit, but I had three transport missions and 250 tons of cargo I didn't want to risk.

I suspect they'll be headed for Sag A* soon.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom