Distant Radio 3305 - the dedicated Distant Worlds radio station

Great idea!

If youre interested in documenting my slowly going mad from travelling without a fuel scoop Id happily fill some slots if you need here and there

Ohhh this sounds interesting. As a person who listens to the radio while I study ill be tuned in a lot. While I would love to give an interview or contribute I don't think I have anything I could add that the people you already choose would. I assume that there will be music playing so is it possible to request a song?

Great idea!

If youre interested in documenting my slowly going mad from travelling without a fuel scoop Id happily fill some slots if you need here and there

I'll consider it ^^ Keep me posted ;D

Ohhh this sounds interesting. As a person who listens to the radio while I study ill be tuned in a lot. While I would love to give an interview or contribute I don't think I have anything I could add that the people you already choose would. I assume that there will be music playing so is it possible to request a song?

Of course. Although I won't set up a dedicated wishlist with autoplay, you will get the option to do so in the chat. Also, you can supply me with you favorite music and I will incorporate it into my playlists and mixes, as I am sure the others will happily do as well. But, if it gets too much, like a dozen wishes an hour, we might stop that, too.
But more on that with one of the next updates =)

This CMDR, right here, probably should be on the interview list.

Z...

Did you read the OP? That interview is already confirmed ;D

This is a good idea.

I used to listen to Sidewinder radio but for some reason i cant get it to work any more. hopefully this will work for me.

This is a good idea.

I used to listen to Sidewinder radio but for some reason i cant get it to work any more. hopefully this will work for me.

Should be no problem, but it depends on what player you use. Will be an Icecast/Shoutcast server.. Will announce in early December which one it'll be :)

Also, Drew Wagar just confirmed that he will give an interview!!

Last edited:
This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait for this to get started! I'm starting to build the first of my many playlists!!

Last edited:
I'll consider it ^^ Keep me posted ;D

Of course. Although I won't set up a dedicated wishlist with autoplay, you will get the option to do so in the chat. Also, you can supply me with you favorite music and I will incorporate it into my playlists and mixes, as I am sure the others will happily do as well. But, if it gets too much, like a dozen wishes an hour, we might stop that, too.
But more on that with one of the next updates =)

Did you read the OP? That interview is already confirmed ;D

I mean the one I quoted. CMDR Olivia Vespera.

Z...

@OP, I run a small automated radio station of my own so if you need to host an Icecast server or whatever, give me a shout. Might save you on bandwidth costs.

D1FZRgK.jpg

>run "social life"
>loading......
>loading.........
>loading............
>error
>cannot locate "social life"
>end

Now this avatar has gotten a whole new meaning :D

@everyone else: We are thinking of running in-lore "advertisements" so if you are from a playergroup and would like to hear an ad of your group on our radio, feel free to contact us :)

I mean the one I quoted. CMDR Olivia Vespera.

Z...

Yes. Again, I refer you to the list of interview candidates and ask you to look at the text in the brackets behind the names :D

@OP, I run a small automated radio station of my own so if you need to host an Icecast server or whatever, give me a shout. Might save you on bandwidth costs.

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that, but I will first try and work this out by myself, because I want a centralised solution that I can easily make modifications to. I'm going to set this up on a dedicated server :)

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that, but I will first try and work this out by myself, because I want a centralised solution that I can easily make modifications to. I'm going to set this up on a dedicated server :)

No problem. I wasn't offering to get involved, just offering to provide extra bandwidth via a streaming server for testing / failover (Icecast, shoutcast etc.) should you need it. Any advice or help I can give, drop me a PM.:)

Looking forward to your first broadcast.

Top Bottom