Distant Screws II: Expedition for Evelyn

Distant Screws II Expedition for Evelyn badge.png

Distant Screws II: Expedition for Evelyn

Expedition notice

Sponsoring body: Loose Screws podcast, and the Loose Screws Network faction

Voyage Embark Date: Jan 12 3307

ETA to Evelyn’s Light: Feb 26, 3307

Voyage Ticket Expiration: May 15, 3307

Loose Screws Podcast (and discord community) and the Loose Screws Network are heading out into the black once again to reach Evelyn’s Light! We will discover what the young scientist has left for us to discover in the deep reaches of space!

We face the future together with Evelyn's Light as our guide. With her spirit at our backs showing us that unquenchable spirit of adventure and strength are the only way forward for us all. Together we will triumph and boldly go where no one has gone before! (Sorry about that TM violation.)

Join us as we celebrate one of the greatest games ever to grace an electron, with one of the greatest communities in Elite. In the spirit of friendship and discovery let us go out to honour her and discover the messages she left for us at Evelyn’s Light. Help us celebrate young Commander Evelyn who shows us the way. Both in game and IRL. Most of all let us go out and discover what is out there together, because together we can reach the stars.

Come join the expedition on Jan 12 3307 as we journey out to rendezvous at Evelyn's Light on Feb 26 and then set out into the unknown! The expedition doesn’t end until May 15 with no other waypoints in between so we can continue Evelyn’s work and journey into the black once we re-supply at Colonia.

(In the August of 2018 Evelyn was a girl hiking up a mountain with her family and complaining of a sore side when she got home. In September of 2018 she was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma with a tumour the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen. Thus began Evelyn’s and her family’s fight against cancer that would last for 1 ½ years. She threw off cancer’s grip on Feb 26, 2020 and ascended to the stars. Hospital treatments to address the disease, radiation, chemo, stem cell transplants and surgery could not weigh down her spirit. She continued to read, play video games and show interest in science, design, fashion, comedy, wookies and the stars. While she slept beside her mother her father spent the long nights in Elite with a new group of comrades, some of whom knew his pain, some of whom shared their own, all of whom shared the game. Our thanks go out to Loose Screws and Frontier, and Drew Wagar for showing their support!)

**UPDATE: I will be at Ross 310 at 9:00PM mountatin time, Jan 12 to start my voyage. Join us there and see you in the black!

EDSM.net Expedition
or
Google Form (if you don't want an EDSM account)
Please do one or the other as we'll combine the two for total participation count.

Other sites of interest:

Loose Screws Podcast

Loose Screws Discord (Join us for streaming and discussion along the way for Distant Screws 2, or to find out what's happening with Loose Screws)

Evelyn’s Story (in game fiction)

Evelyn’s Light

Team Evelyn - IRL Evelyn

Last edited:
Hi, I've just signed up as the furthest I ever got was the Orion nebula and was hankering to visit Colonia.
What is the best ship to take, I just bought an Anaconda (mostly D rated) with a jump range of slightly over 50 LYs but I've just gotten my Krait II to get 40 with weapons (doing this latest CG). I've also got a mining laser / refiner and vehicle for random events (or I get bored of jumping), or should I just strip it down as much as possible to get bigger jumps? Cheers.

I did the first Distant Screws in an unengineered Asp Explorer with a jump range of around 40. You can get to Colonia with much less though. The question is do you want to? It just takes more time to go the same distance because there are more jumps.

Put your jump range into a route plotter like Spanch and see what the difference is.

The other factor is that you can just hop a ride in a fleet carrier. That option wasn't available to us in previous expeditions. We had to do all the jumps manually in our ships. Now we can take a 500LY break and rest on the supporting fleet carrier while we sip tea on the observation deck with the Mal, the Mandelorian and Cpt Picard.

If you wanted you could even bring multiple ships. Bring your exploring jump focused ship, and also bring a multi-use ship on the carrier. If we find something interesting, or get up to shenanigans on a planet surface you can take part!

See you out there!

Hi, I've just signed up as the furthest I ever got was the Orion nebula and was hankering to visit Colonia.
What is the best ship to take, I just bought an Anaconda (mostly D rated) with a jump range of slightly over 50 LYs but I've just gotten my Krait II to get 40 with weapons (doing this latest CG). I've also got a mining laser / refiner and vehicle for random events (or I get bored of jumping), or should I just strip it down as much as possible to get bigger jumps? Cheers.

Last edited:
I signed up on EDSM, im new to the game, but i'll try my best to fulfill the mission. It is an honor for me to be able to participate in this expedition with you commanders. Greetings from SANL-ARG.

Registered for this expedition and like everyone else, I'm honored to participate in something meaningful like this.

It'll be my first group expedition but shouldn't be too difficult as I'm just returning home from a solo trek to Colonia and Sagittarius A* in an un-engineered Asp Explorer, logging 70k Ly in just three weeks. 😅

Won't be at the starting system on time as I have school at the time, but I'll be sure to join the expedition once I can. Signed up on EDSM as well. I'll have to make my way over to the bubble by then, but that should be doable.

Won't be at the starting system on time as I have school at the time, but I'll be sure to join the expedition once I can. Signed up on EDSM as well. I'll have to make my way over to the bubble by then, but that should be doable.

If you park on the Destiny, then you can be pulled along as the caravan starts off.

I was on my way back to the Bubble from Colonia when I heard of this. I doubled back and went to visit Evelyn’s Light, scan the listening post, and to pay my respects. I’m half way to the Bubble now, and I don’t think I’ll be making this one with you all this time; but wish you all the best. 07

Top Bottom