[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Eeeep. Just realised I had posted here with screenshots and all, and not actually filled out the arrival form! Fixed that now.

That would have been gutting.

Arrived today and did an extension trip out to Salomes Reach too. Picked today to arrive by no accident - may the fourth be with you commanders - and left the final five jumps before Beagle Point as a nod to a certain other great sci-fi.

Just arrived o7 Wish I could get out and have a proper stretch of my legs lol.

Thanks everyone, amazing event to be a part of. The organisers need some kind of medal or dash ornament in game, such an achievement.

Gotta work out where I am heading next now :D

Dont forget you need to log in while at BP for FD to notice so you can get the decal

Hmmm. I can't remember now if i logged whist there. I know I arrived at Semotus Beacon on the same day as I did BP.

I do hope there is a workaround if not (got screenshots as evidence, as I am thousands of light years away again now.

Well, there then. The expedition is over ...

Besides the joy of having finished it, it also makes me a little sad ...

A huge thank you to all involved in organizing this expedition and making it the smooth experience it has been! I particularly like the CGs in the beginning (Thank you FDEV), they added a very welcome - and new - element to the expedition.

Second time to Beagle Point (this time in a bigger ship than the first time - and with a better jump range ;) ) and twice in the top 10% of a mining CG. Not a bad result.

Fly safe,
CMDR Jermus Karlsten

I just touched down on BP2.
Thank you guys for this awesome experience. I had a great time exploring the galaxy.

See you all at Distant Worlds 3 :)

o7 CMDR DD_h0r5t

Last edited:
Screenshot_0058_zpsia30n0qv.png

Delacy Romeo Oscar Mike began touchdown operations on Beagle 2 on 4 May, 3305. May the Fourth be with you! This marks the second end to DWE2 for me as I have now officially completed the expedition on PC, having already landed on Xbox some few days back. What I said then still plays; this has been an extraordinary experience. Thank you to all involved!

As I touched down tonight I met a CMDR (pictured left below) who has been out in the black since DWE1 ended, flying his 38ly Pre-Engineer Anaconda. It was an honor to meet him and I have plans to multicrew him out to Semotus Beacon so that he can make the final leg of the trip. It was a strangely moving moment...to meet someone who had been all alone for so, so long...out in the black.

Screenshot_0059_zpsywhtyrzt.png

As always, fly aimless, CMDR's! o7

Dont forget you need to log in while at BP for FD to notice so you can get the decal
Dont nail me down on it,
but if I understood the orgas correctly its just necessary to be logged in at BP between April 23 and Jun 12.
If you e.g. arrived at the 21st of April, and never log in until 14th of June, you couldnt be recognized as "arrived participant".
But if you arrive within the timeframe (and therefore has a "jump to beagle point" event in your logs) you are fine without any logging.

Well, thats how I understood it, already 20k on my home trip, so lets see if I'm right...
Dont break for decals :D

Thank you so much for organizing this amazing trip. You made me continue from WP to WP and even in weeks with less time or business trips i found motivation to keep up and go on. Now arrived at BP and feeling to be part of a great expedition :) Keep this spirit and guide us again in the black!

Attachments

• 2019-03-22 20-33-32 Phipoea WK-E d12-1374-Phipoea WK-E d12-1374 4 b.jpg
    2019-03-22 20-33-32 Phipoea WK-E d12-1374-Phipoea WK-E d12-1374 4 b.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2019-02-10 10-09-32 Skaudai CH-B d14-34-Skaudai CH-B d14-34 1 a.jpg
    2019-02-10 10-09-32 Skaudai CH-B d14-34-Skaudai CH-B d14-34 1 a.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 58
Finally reached Beagle Point! I started playing Elite after DW1 was already finished and have always been a bit jealous of the participants of that expedition. So now I am very happy to be able to say I participated in and finished DW2 myself!

My only regret is not participating in everything DW2 had to offer as I was often one or two weeks behind most of the fleet, missing many of the basecamp weekends. The Beluga I selected is an absolutely fantastic ship wrt fitting (all the toys!), cockpit view, maneuverability and even a fairly decent jump range (52 LY). However, LY/hr isn't it's strong suit (partly the jump range, partly the scooping speed), so next time I'd probably bring something like a Phantom. Having SLFs with me didn't turn out to be as important to me as I had expected for example.

I'll probably hang out here a few weeks more, head out to Semotus Beacon at some point and have yet to decide how I'll fly back.

Thank you everyone for organising and participating in this wonderful event!

Small edit to record this for myself: According to EDMC DistanceCalc I've travelled 87,461.40 LY to get from Pallaeni to Beagle Point.

Last edited:
Woot, I made it. Arrived on 5/3/2019 in my Asp Explorer, the Sulaco.

I wanted to give a couple quick shout out thanks. The first is to CMDR Serambo32 who fixed my hull for me way back on 1/13 right after I bounced (hard) off the first tourist stop of the entire trip. The second goes to CMDR The Presence and CMDR SGT Stubby who came to my aid at 1:30 am (PST) on 4/20 after I bounced off of a landing so hard (while looking for mats to refill my AFMU) that I was down to just 12% hull. You guys are the best, I would be a pile of junk drifting aimlessly in the black forever without you.

Finally, here is a shot of me parked at Goliath's Rest (WP8). I just love that carbon star sitting low in the sky...

The "Juggernaut" finally landed at Beagle Point today. Thank you to the organisers and new friends I have met along the way. 3 years ago, the sight of the DW1 flag ship flown by Olivia Vespera inspired me to swap my old ASPX for my own orange T-9 ship for the next trip. Very pleased my space cow has also made it across the Abyss into the void.

See you all on the next expedition. o7 CMDRS!

Well Chimp 1 has finally made it to Beagle Point.

Beagle Point (20190504-142124).jpg

Had such an amazing time, meeting players who will for sure stay on my friends list a long time, getting into the top 10% of CG1 despite only having 60 odd tonnes of cargo available, going further than I ever expected travelling and seeing things that you wouldn't believe (!).

Shout out to all the organisers for planning this monumental trip, and to FD for including CGs en route.

Just made my way to Semotus Beacon along with CMDR Dhhorak, and truly now am sitting looking into the void wondering where my Asp will take me next.

Oevasy SG-Y d0 (20190504-213414).jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom