[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
CMDR Seibehegen reporting from Beagle Point, ship Karina touched the ground and tried the radio, but no one respond back, well, at least more pizza left for the crew.
I made almost 80% of the trip in 2 days, around 600 jumps, man, i need to sleep.

20190613014747_1.jpg20190613015219_1.jpg20190613020641_1.jpg

Now it's time to come back, see you guys in the bubble.
o7 CMDRs
20190613015139_1.jpg

Last edited:
Finally arrived just in time! I want to give a shout out to my fellow CMDR's Stagetree and Bm5 for waiting for me at beagle point so we can finally meet and celebrate my arrival. and also Wishblend and barnaby barnabus for making my arrival possible. My story is this. I joined as soon as i heard dw2 was announced. I signed up, grabbed my rooster number and waited a few weeks for it to start. unfortunately I couldn't be a part of the group jump due to the fact of working hours and family. But i started at waypoint 1 just like everyone else. I made it to waypoint 3 before I had to stop and welcome my newborn son Karson into the world. I took 2 months off all video games to help raise him. Once I finally got back in the swing of my sleep schedule I jumped back unto elite dangerous to find that I'm way behind and probably not going to make it in time if I kept the pace I was going before. After speaking to some fellow CMDR's including Stagetree, they talked me into sprinting from waypoint 4 all they way to beagle point. Of course i visited every waypoint along the way, to at least take pictures of this one time adventures must see attractions. With Stagetree's advice, i shed all the extra weight I had to bring my jump range up to 31 at explorers anchorage. But every commander knows that 31 is not a great jump range. Thankfully I was able to find the route set by Wishblend on how to cross the abyss with only 30 ly as well as barbaby barnubus's route to reach beagle point with only 30ly jump range. With their help I was able to cross the void and reach beagle point without major headaches. I spent many coffee filled nights jumping and honking as fast as I could to reach the end. many times I felt that I would not reach the end in time. but i did. I'm so happy and thankful to all my fellow CMDR's who supported me along the way. Thank you all so much. o7 Commanders!

I am CMDR SJMV and I've arrived at Beagle Point! Roster number 5783.

Our first child is due in two weeks and I've been doing responsible things instead of playing. But I reckon he would want me to have the DW2 decal in time for his arrival.

5783SJMVAsp ExplorerScarpa48H-DW

Last edited:
CMDR JSLIN reporting for Beagle Point arrival!
Roster #9653
in Krait Phantom - Copernicus; ID: 8AR-DW

I have been playing Elite Dangerous on and off since 2014, and this was my first ever long range expedition -- what an amazing experience! Admittedly I was too busy in the last 2 month to not really explore anywhere beyond WP11, but for a good portion of the trip I have been taking space photos, finding interesting places and taking notes. Dr. Kaii's EDProfiler & CMDR log app was essential. Big thank you to all the organizers and helpful people on the DW2 Discord server.

I just want to talk a bit about how much this expedition has done for me, in more ways than you might think. Before the DW2 sign up thread popped up in my Google feed, I had rarely interacted with other players in Elite, or online at all. I joined the FleetComm Discord, and started chatting with other players. I helped people build ships, I got help designing my own, and I even repaired some other players. Shortly after the expedition took off, Dr. Kaii put up a post in #announcements saying to tick the message if you were interested in helping out the Admins/Moderators on the server. Shortly after the tick, I became one of the DW2 helpers.
In all honesty, my parents have always said the internet is a terrible place, and in some places it is coughredditcough. I think the point it really clicked that there are places that strangers can be nice, even just over text or voice, was when I joined a PS4 voice party(the first time I had been on a public voice chat) and someone I had never even seen on discord, never heard of, whose online name I didn’t know immediately said, “Hey Nate, welcome to the stream….” I’ll remember that for many years to come.
After some time I started interacting more with the fleet mechanics, soon to become the hull seals. When people started talking about becoming our own organization after dw2, someone said it “looks like the leadership will probably be something like Alex, Drebin, Rixxan, Pool Noodle, and Nate….” I hadn’t expected anything like that at all, but now I’m a member of the blubber bob and part of the Hull Seals lead organizers.
Overall, this experience has been one of the most important I’ve ever been a part of. I’ve interacted online, set goals, committed time, been a part of something with over 13,000 other people, and, dare I say, made new friends. My thanks all of the organizers for creating this journey that has truly affected me, a few who know who they are.

Sincerely,
MiddleNate

I just want to talk a bit about how much this expedition has done for me, in more ways than you might think. Before the DW2 sign up thread popped up in my Google feed, I had rarely interacted with other players in Elite, or online at all. I joined the FleetComm Discord, and started chatting with other players. I helped people build ships, I got help designing my own, and I even repaired some other players. Shortly after the expedition took off, Dr. Kaii put up a post in #announcements saying to tick the message if you were interested in helping out the Admins/Moderators on the server. Shortly after the tick, I became one of the DW2 helpers.
In all honesty, my parents have always said the internet is a terrible place, and in some places it is coughredditcough. I think the point it really clicked that there are places that strangers can be nice, even just over text or voice, was when I joined a PS4 voice party(the first time I had been on a public voice chat) and someone I had never even seen on discord, never heard of, whose online name I didn’t know immediately said, “Hey Nate, welcome to the stream….” I’ll remember that for many years to come.
After some time I started interacting more with the fleet mechanics, soon to become the hull seals. When people started talking about becoming our own organization after dw2, someone said it “looks like the leadership will probably be something like Alex, Drebin, Rixxan, Pool Noodle, and Nate….” I hadn’t expected anything like that at all, but now I’m a member of the blubber bob and part of the Hull Seals lead organizers.
Overall, this experience has been one of the most important I’ve ever been a part of. I’ve interacted online, set goals, committed time, been a part of something with over 13,000 other people, and, dare I say, made new friends. My thanks all of the organizers for creating this journey that has truly affected me, a few who know who they are.

Sincerely,
MiddleNate

Thanks for being one of the DW2 Fleetcomm helpers MiddleNate. :)

Cmdr Amdur
Anaconda - Hohenheim (99%hull)
Finally. Arrivet at BP Yesterday, June 12th at 10:41. Couldn't bring myself to make a post because I wasn't feeling good last few days.

I passionately took that challage of DW2 to fly with everyone to BP. But on the way I got distracted by other games and twice had to rush back to main fleet. I just couldn't bring myself to finish it like normal person. Had to make WP10-12 in few days. But as I was playing I got more passion for the game again.

I had one interesting close call. At omega WP, first CG, one time on my way back from mining I got interdicted by pirate, thought i could submit and give him some cargo. But that stupid . I gave him less then he wanted so I had to jettson some more. But in meantime he started shooting me. I took bad hit with torpedo right into thrusters, even when i got them up, and started running away, I panicked and tried to fly away instead of High-wake. Even when I gave him what he wanted, he wanted me dead. Another torpedo, throsters dead for good. I was spinning hopelessly as he was after me. Luckily, local police force jumped in and shot him down. There I was, 5% hull, canope broken. Called for Hull seals. I had enough mats for oxygen synthesis. But it was intense as hell. Managed to dock safely with supervision of some hull seals and some early repairs before docking.
I really started enjoying mining. Joined few random cmdrs for wing mining. Once even bigger group. It was fun.
Then there was CG at XA. I had to rush through 12k ly. Got there about half a day after CG started so I rushed for mining and went crazy. Ended up with 18k tons materials collected and top 10 cmds. It was geat. Now that I'm at BP, last challange stands before me. iMU has little challange - Metal Addicted Wierdo - for really dedicated miners (only few completed that so far), I have to mine full cargo and refinery only with materials that can be mined and core mined. After that, getting back, I will take some detours but will visit XA again and visit Colonia for the first time.

Thanks to everyone for amazing experience.

A real sense of achievement. Set down in Anaconda Evangelia at 19:15 on 6th June. The last stretch through the Abyss was tough, with our short jump range but getting on to Route 33 proved a lifesaver for us. Thank you to the expedition organisers for all the hard work and making it possible. For us, we'll be setting off soon back to the Bubble via a first visit to Colonia.

Finally arrived at Beagle Point. Was an interesting experience in the Type 10 (ship is definitely growing on me). Major kudos and karma points to the organizers (cat herders) that made it all possible. Now to head home via the long way.

fly safe

Imathil
---
Terran Survey Corps
Mapping the Galaxy - One Planet at a Time​

CMDR Pacman262 reporting in from Beagle Point!
Roster #: 6066
Ship: ASP Explorer - S.S Gjoa, 4J0-DW
Arrival: 13 June 3305 at 23:54UTC

I honestly was not sure it was actually going to happen. At many points throughout the journey, I thought space madness was going to take over. To close it's icy grip around my ship and never let me go....But thanks in part to those lovely sound waves coming from the crew out of Lave Radio and the journalists over at Sagittarius Eye, and a few of those classic 21st century superhero movies, I was able to keep my sanity throughout this amazing journey. For all of us who undertook this monumental trip, I salute you o7!!

But in all honesty, all l really have to say is thank you.

Thank you Frontier, for giving us this amazing place to explore and discover. I don't think I can honestly say another game has ever given me the feels that this game gives me time and time again. It's truly hard to put into words, but I am sure some of you out there can relate.

Thank you Dr. Kaii, Erimus and the rest of the DW2 team for putting this amazing journey together! Its crazy to think of how much time you all had to put into this project but from this one lowly CMDR, thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

What an eye opening, friendly, comically frustrating, scary and ultimately extremely fulfilling trip it has been. This is something that I will remember the rest of my days... o7

BP#1.JPG
BP#3.JPG
BP#2.JPG

Last edited:
Kudos to the DW2 staff and volunteers! I made it to Beagle Point with a day to spare. I was stalled at Sag. A because of a bad case of space madness but then I decided to push on last week. I'm not sure how or when I'll get back to the bubble (I'm afraid of Neutron stars). There was some fascinating information in the Epilogue post. Truly a very ambitious and unique undertaking. I was glad to be a small part of it.
:o7:

Screenshot_0020.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom