[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Allright, so here goes my story :D
I quit ED a couple of years ago, when a new update made the game too demanding for my grafics card. Recently I got a new one, so the thought came to mind to start up ED again and behold: Right when I decide to randomly give it a try again, there is the biggest ingame event in gaming history going on! XD
Everyone was talking about this so I, the seasoned veteran with a total of 30 ingame hours, who has never left the bubble before, thought: "Yes this sounds like a very reasonable thing for me to do!" :D
So I just grinded my way to an Asp X and went on a trip to the Omega Station. I saw alot of things for the first time black holes, Nebulas and so on. I also scanned all of the systems I passed through very thoroughly, so I would get a nice payout at the end! Sadly uppon arriving in the Omega Sector, my poor Asp got shot :( There goes half my credits, as well as most of my scans. If this happens again, I'll be back to a sidewinder. I almost quit the game right then and there, because I was so hyped about all the collaboration and this was a major disappointment, but then I learned about PGs and it really saved the game for me. It is such a nice experience to have so many friendly Commanders around in one place! <3
I'm really glad I kept going, this journey was probably the best thing in my whole gaming course.
Shoutouts to the Hull Seals, without whom this would have been far more boring, and of course Alex, who replies to every message he gets and allways has somthing nice to say :)
Also: Hello noodle, Payperheirplain, Keni, Unknown, West-Tek, Ragnar Starquester, inHooman, Halfpenny, Captain Vrungel, Konner, Sylvia, Proigr3, Kikbow, Rex1973, rixxan, drebin, Whiseman and all of the others!
This expedition gets a 10/10, would jump again! <3

Last edited:
Sincerest thanks to everyone involved in putting this expedition on. I had a blast and met a lot of great people. This was my second trip out to Beagle Point. Next time, I'm bringing a ship with a longer jump range. The flight home is daunting 😅

I may never forget the frantic scramble to remain in the top 10 miners during the CG in the core. I lost a lot of sleep, but was able to defend my position successfully!

o7 all of you - may your journeys home be safe!

CMDR Ronnicus
Imperial Cutter "The Octarine"

Last edited:
Sorry guys I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but if you're in the UTC time zone as far as if you picked that for the game you don't need to do any of this or am I reading it wrong??

Looking for some clarity here, where you say "
There is NO POINT in filling out this Form if you are not.
2) Log in at Beagle Point at least once between April 22nd and June 13th excluded (UTC). " do you actually mean "inclusive" (meaning, Aprill 22nd through and including June 13th" or do you mean "Excluding April 22nd and Jun 13th", not accepting logins on April 22nd and Jun 13th, but everything between?

The wording is confusing.

A lot of work went into setting this expedition up. I have to thank everyone who organised this whole event for the effort made to organise what has to be one of the biggest gaming events ever.

I would like to thank all the regular Fleetcom Discord folk (you all know who you are) for help in keeping me entertained and sane during the trip across the galaxy. I feel that I have made many friends in game since we set off all those weeks ago. The amount of knowledge and advise from these people is phenomenal, from Engineering, Exploration, Neutron Jumping and a whole wealth of diverse topics really, too many to mention here, as well as trying to get my dodgy graphics card working properly. This is a true community.

Congratulations on everyone else who made it to Beagle Point (and Salomé's Reach). I'm proud of you all!

See you all in the black
o7

CMDR Mikey D
Krait Phantom - "Black Velvet"

This has to be the most memorable experience that I have from all the games I played.

Once again a big thank you the the people who organised this, the fuel rats, the hull seals and the people making memorabilia.

I can't imagine how much energy and time went into the preparations for this journey.

Let Explorer Anchorage be a reminder of the fun we've had together.

Cheers o7

Edit: added in a edsm picture as proof of completion. Don't know if we need to post that in addition to the filled out form.

Last edited:
Another question - you have to actually log out/in to the game while at Beagle Point? Visiting the system and posting a screenshot wouldn't be enough if you e.g. travelled to Beagle Point and beyond in the same session, not logging out/in at Beagle Point? (I have ample logs in EDDiscovery, for example, of my visit to Beagle Point.)

It occurs to me that I perhaps should have flicked the lil switch that says "send me a copy of my response", just to prove I'd typed my email address in correctly. Ah well, livin on the edge, people!!

's funny, the pic doesn't quiet capture the overall 3D-ness of my trip. Actually doesn't look like I deviated very much at all, but I did manage to hit every POI, major and minor (plus a few extra ones) with the exception of two that I've visited before - Podar and Grand Rings; I'm just off to get them done now, for the sake of completeness, and will see you fine folks back there at the weekend.

I actually arrived on 22/4/3305 (mm/dd/yyyy?? shame on you :p) at 16:35:19, but then I saw on the form that those dates were exclusive, so I've sumitted the form with the next date I logged in, which was the 24th.

Fantastic trip. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Plus it kept me away from all that Thargoid nonsense going on back in the Bubble. I hope they wiped their feet.

Without Distant Worlds 2 I’m not sure I’d have made the trip out to Beagle Point on my own, but I arrived yesterday evening and it felt amazing,

Thanks to the organising team, it’s been one hell of a journey, as will the trip I’ll be making to get back to the Bubble no doubt.

o7

Looking for some clarity here, where you say "
There is NO POINT in filling out this Form if you are not.
2) Log in at Beagle Point at least once between April 22nd and June 13th excluded (UTC). " do you actually mean "inclusive" (meaning, Aprill 22nd through and including June 13th" or do you mean "Excluding April 22nd and Jun 13th", not accepting logins on April 22nd and Jun 13th, but everything between?

The wording is confusing.

I clarified on the Form. We'll include both days for the sake of simplicity.

Another question - you have to actually log out/in to the game while at Beagle Point? Visiting the system and posting a screenshot wouldn't be enough if you e.g. travelled to Beagle Point and beyond in the same session, not logging out/in at Beagle Point? (I have ample logs in EDDiscovery, for example, of my visit to Beagle Point.)

As long as you log your presence at Beagle Point within the timeframe you're good. You just need a trace of arriving there in your logs (and the server's). If you jump to or log in at BP, you'll have logged your presence there, it's the same thing.

Here is where it gets interesting: I visited Beagle Point at April 22nd, 00:35:00 local time, and travelled on before the hour was up, this was in CET (less than an hour past midnight), which might not be the 22nd if BST is considered.

From EDDiscovery:
{
"timestamp": "2019-04-21T22:35:05Z",
"event": "SupercruiseEntry",
"StarSystem": "Beagle Point",
"SystemAddress": 81973396946
}

Thanks a bunch to all the people who made DW2 happen!

Here's Braben's head over Beagle Point 2:
d9j6YZe.png

Oh, and for the record, I registered as flying a Cutter, but went with my Clipper in the end. Couldn't edit it on the roster anymore, I hope this won't be much of a problem.

I just wanted to say I loved the trip! I was definitely skeptical about joining the expedition simply because of how long we'd be gone. But I really had a great time! I came as a fuel rat (although I never had to refuel anyone) and a hull seal (that I did do!). I documented the entire trip on my YouTube channel. Every leg of the journey with each Waypoint, I did a video showcasing the major POI we were hitting and the fun we'd have at basecamp. So on that note, I'd like to thank anyone on the trip or not on the trip, who took the time to check out my DW2 3305 series! That meant a lot to me. Everyone I met in our journey, everyone I flew with, or chilled with at basecamps doing silly stuff with in our SRVs, all of you were awesome to meet. I've made friends on this trip, I've seen and witnessed things in this game I'd have otherwise never have known were in the game or seen if it wasn't for this expedition. I took on the role of handling the bookmarks on the Xbox platform. Something I enjoyed doing. I really just wanted to help because I knew the guy who was doing it was busy. After he let me start doing it, I took it on at full force. They bumped me up in rank in the squadron, mad me an Admin for the Fleetcom club on Xbox. It was a small job, but a time saving job that helps everyone else. Not having to manually input the systems, just look at the bookmarks? Hell yeah! I really enjoyed updating the bookmarks and having, even if it was just a small helpful role in this expedition.

I'll never forget crash landing at 'The View' in my Anaconda, and dropping my hull to 30%, getting repaired, and crashing BACK into the planet again! That was an experience! I'll never forget watching another commander crash STRAIGHT into a neutron star at one of the POI. I saw him fall off the radar as I looked in shock, and was surprised to see him come back into super cruise. I messaged him, winged up, and went repair him. We talked for a bit and went on our way. I'll also never forget meeting CMDR Boot CZ, who flew all the way to WP12 in a shieldless Sidewinder, and made it! That dude is a legend. I'll also never forget Thomaski Memorial. I didn't know what it was till I got there. When I learned it was another player who had a goal of reaching Beagle Point, and passed away on the journey back to Colonia....that hit me in the feels. But this is what I love that Frontier does. They've memorialized a man, I never knew. But now I know how he was, what he liked, and his love and passion for Elite. Now anyone in the galaxy can pay their respects to him. That may be one of my favorite beacons now.

I made it to Beagle on the 23rd/24th. I had already been here 2 years ago in a 33ly DBX. First time I got stuck and had to travel BACK a thew thousand light years, and over to the right to get back on a trail to cross the Abyss. Now, in 2019 (3305) I arrived again in a 63ly Anaconda with you guys on DW2! The view is still as amazing as it ever was. But I'm eager to get back and cash in all this data. I'm taking the Eastern arm all the way back to the bubble. I wanna see that huge star, I think it's called YV Canoris Majoris or something like that. I'm also hoping to find one of the hidden megaships from the Dynasty Project, or maybe even.....RAXXLA! Anyways, I had a really good time on this trip. I hope all of you make it back safely, and get your name on the stars out here!

o7 CMDRs.

Last edited:
So, here we are. Beagle Point.

Let me tell you a little personal story. Three years ago I was doing my own journey around the edge of the galaxy when I heard about Distant Worlds. A bunch of mad pilots crossing the galaxy in their own expedition, all together headed to the wrong side of the Milky Way. And it was my fortune to meet some of them in april in the end of their trail, one more step in mine: Beagle Point. Talked with them, flew along with them for a few days, and watched them doing stunts in their unknown to me SRVs. There was no SRVs in my preHorizons AspX.

And I promised myself that i'd be in the next one. From start to end. Exploring together. Travelling from one wonder of the galaxy to the next. Helping and being helped. Taking pretty pictures, of course.

And, yep. Here we are.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom