[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Whoops, seems I forgot something important:

Commander Name: Tolagarf
Roster ID: 2506

Commander Duckfather reporting in. A bit tardy, but here at last (for the third time!) :)

Roster no : 340
Ship ID : 194-DW
Ship Name : Vanishing Point

Edit : just 370Ly short of 2 million Lys traveled :)

Last edited:
Many jumps later, I have arrived at Beagle Point. Well, I arrived early yesterday morning, but wanted to write this once I had a little spare time. I traveled alone the whole way, and saw only one commander the whole time, in some random system about 500 light years before reaching Beagle Point. This of course was due to me not being able to depart until about a week ago thanks to medical issues. I took a quick hope over to Semotus Beacon for some pictures, and I am now buckyballing my way back to the Bubble.

I'd like to thank everyone who worked so hard in putting DW2 together, even if I didn't get to play with others, the route map and POI's were fantastic, and I got so see so many amazing things. Flying up to Goliath's Rest was probably my favorite part on the way there, perching high above the galactic plane and peering down. Grand Rings was also amazing, and a close second of my favorite POI's on the way. However, out at Semotus Beacon, flying into the pitch black for a while then turning around to see the whole galaxy behind you was an incredible and humbling sight, and without DW2 I doubt I'd have ever experienced it.

o7

The 0T6-DW ISS Obscene Heap has arrived at Beagle Point today. It's been a long journey, with being constantly behind on waypoints by several weeks, and plagued at the last minute by control failures, but thankfully the failsafes kicked in and I was able to plot a course directly to each waypoint.

The listed jump range of my vessel changed between registration with the fleet and arrival due to advances in FSD technology. My ships new 66.3LY range allowed me to automatically plot a course with relative ease across The Abyss.

Now I need to decide still whether to continue outward as far as I can, or make a leisurely trip home.
CShZdZ5.jpg

bsieRJw.png

Last edited:
I enjoyed the trip immensely and got back home to the bubble a few days after the long, fun trip out to Beagle. The highlight of the trip for me was being the first person to ever dock at Explorer's Anchorage. I made a very good guess where the port was going to drop that fateful Thursday night, and was lucky enough to be right next to it when it dropped. I can always tell my children and grandchildren that I mined enough material to own .15% of the station and was the first person to even fly through the slot.

Thanks to the organizers of the trip for putting together such a grand route with enough POIs to keep it entertaining. Loved the climb up to Goliath's Rest.

Until next time....Commander Robert West, signing off.

I DID die twice though, once at the Pallaeni takeoff (NPC), and the other time is a tale of stupidity which I will edit and post at some point on my channel. It involves the external camera and, as mentioned, stupidity.

Well, so here is the promised tale of stupidity:

I arrived on the 10th.
Beagle_Point_Arrival.png

There were a lot of things I wanted to write here, but other commitments have kept me from really being able to organize all of my thoughts. So I would just like to say thank you once again to everyone involved - from the organizers to the other commanders who traveled along side me.

And last night, I made it to Salome's Reach.
Screenshot_0899.png

I took both my main and 2nd toon as far as SagA.
Took the 2nd all way to Beagle and now parked back at SagA, main back in the bubble.
Made Elite X on both during this trip.

Doh, I forgot to Post. :) I Made it.
Beagle Point (Beagle Depot) May 1, 2019, 7:27:16 PM

Roster#: 5891
ID: 4C4-DW
CMDR: Quatschoid

What a Great Expedition, I never experienced anything like it. Am so Proud of our Explorers Anchorage.
Thank you so much to all of the organizers, especially allcrowsareblack and CDR_WillTRiker and Nerix on PS4, was great fun Canyon Racing.

Arrived at Beagle Point on May 01, 2019

A Big Thank you to the organizers and all the commanders I meet along the way!

Looking back a SOL... Hoping to arrive back in the bubble with as little space madness as possible.

Roster#: 8066
ID: 6M7-DW
CMDR: Dr Swo Boh Da
XBox

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom