[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
CMDR Daedalus,
reporting arrival in system Beagle Point.
Ship Ikarus is still in perfect working condition, send my regards to Lakon Spaceways for designing the Diamondback Explorer so well!

DW2 came at a time when I had a lot of other things to do but I also knew that there would be no better time in the future.
As I had always wanted to go to BP, I registered just a couple days prior to the start.
And thanks for the deadline to finish the expedition or I might have stayed somewhere near WP10 much longer, playing Minecraft (where the sky is blue and not black). Being able to land on one of those newly discovered ELWs or WWs was the thing I missed the most during the trip!

Time will tell how long I´ll take for the trip home.
The Milky Way is big but there´ll surely always be a fellow DW2 pilot just behind the next star (or the next, or ...).

CMDR Sepulcher Geist (Geist) reporting from Beagle Point, on Xbox. No one here. Cold. Alone. Scared.
I read the rules on how to claim your success, but one step says "log in at Beagle Point." That means literally, like... LOGGING into Frontier Servers while at Beagle Point, right? Just checking.

In anycase, I have a YouTube series of the expedition and a lot more footage to go through... So here I go.

It's been a long flight, but tonight at 22:22 11/06/3305 I finally arrived in Beagle Point. This voyage has been quite the adventure, and when I found I couldn't autoroute through the abyss from WP11 to Beagle Point, I nearly gave up. But this weekend I returned to Elite and made the final push, averaging 75 jumps an hour to make it before the deadline. Thank you all for this wild ride :D Really proud to have made it :D

Fly safe, cmdrs, and maybe I'll bump into some of you in the black as we journey back o7

CMDR Riven Dell reporting from Beagle Point, my Asp Explorer Liron Discovery having made it with barely a scratch on it.
What a sturdy little thing having been pounded by ever so many neutron star jet cones.

I traveled most of the trip on my own, in the sweet solitude of space, as a late-comer to the expedition.
The journey really brought home the vast distances and the loneliness of space, especially looking back on the galaxy from Beagle Point.
My scariest moment was when my ship dropped out of super cruise at a massive black hole, while I over-indulged in FSS scanning.
I really thought, "That's it... THE END," heart pounding. Yet, made a miraculous escape, heatsink be praised.

I really enjoyed the trip and am in awe of all the amazing sights and experiences along the way.
Thank you to the CMDRs encountered on the way with the odd friendly chat, especially the friendly soul who warned me of an ambush when I jumped into the Omega Nebula, as well as the people on the FleetCom Discord.

Thank you so very much to all the organizers of the expedition. What a well put-together itinerary!

Enjoy flying CMDRs, o7.

...Some Trivia...
Asp Exp Liron Discovery
Hull: 99%
Power Plant: 99%
AFMU: 96%

Current jump range: 54.8ly
Total Jumps: 1,421 (Pallaeni to Beagle Point)
Jet-Cone Boost Jumps: 492
Jumponium Jumps: 0 (34/34/18 reserve)
Total DW2 Trip Distance: 133,844.8ly
Highest Speed Reached (on 12,383.57ly neutron star highway between WPs 10 and 11): 1.0039ly per second

Heatsinks deployed: 1
AFMU refills spent: 3
SRV fuel refills spent: 7
SRV Excursions: 50

Beagle Point Touchdown event:
{
"timestamp":"2019-06-10T22:12:09Z",
"event":"Touchdown",
"PlayerControlled":true,
"Latitude":-18.460390,
"Longitude":172.156830
}

Screenshot_ED_Galaxy.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_ED_Beagle_Point_View_Galaxy.png
    Screenshot_ED_Beagle_Point_View_Galaxy.png
    764.5 KB · Views: 196
Upon writing this I am currently about 400 jumps away (lots of stuff happened in private life, including a computer breadown, I'll spare the details), I am BLAZING to beagle point at the moment hahaha.
I was at Hypiae Phyloi LR-C d22 when I last played so now only the last 3 waypoint remaining and oh boy did I underestimate the distances of the last 3...

Hopefully I make it before the 13th...

YES, at today, 11/06/2019, 20:30 (GMT+2) I made it to Beagle Point!
What a journey it was! Thank you devs and organizers for this amazing trip!

I made it to beagle point finally.

{
"timestamp": "2019-06-11T20:48:48Z",
"event": "Touchdown",
"PlayerControlled": true,
"Latitude": -16.000814,
"Longitude": 169.212509
}

Sadly I started playing the game after the signups were closed :(
But i still wanted to share.
Awesome job setting up the expedition. Was easy to follow and doing a little bit of racing got me here before the end!
Now for the long trip back i plan on going as far east as i can then back to SoL

Thanks again for the great trip
Cmdr Lisster
"Yawning Angel"

Screenshot_0154.jpgScreenshot_0158.jpgScreenshot_0159.jpgScreenshot_0160.jpg

Just arrived at Beagle Point 10 minutes ago.

I bought Elite just to join DW2, three days before the first launch of the expedition.
I got a lot of help from the newcomers channel on the Discord server and was able to fit an Asp Explorer with more than 50LY jump range in less than a couple of weeks while learning how to fly it.

In the meantime, in my life I changed job, I moved to another country (with all that comes when you move to a country where you don't speak the main language).

But still, I wanted to finish the expedition and get to the end of it.
And so this is the outcome.

Thanks to all the people that made this possible.

CMDR Sepulcher Geist (Geist) reporting from Beagle Point, on Xbox. No one here. Cold. Alone. Scared.
I read the rules on how to claim your success, but one step says "log in at Beagle Point." That means literally, like... LOGGING into Frontier Servers while at Beagle Point, right? Just checking.

Yup, just be at BP with the game online sometime between the two dates.

Finaly ariwed and complected DW2.
CMDR Privateer 2 SB and Voroscsoki

Beagle Point( 2)_00006.png

{ "timestamp":"2019-06-11T20:40:51Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Beagle Point", "SystemAddress":81973396946, "StarPos":[-1111.56250,-134.21875,65269.75000], "SystemAllegiance":"", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_None;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"None", "SystemSecondEconomy":"$economy_None;", "SystemSecondEconomy_Localised":"None", "SystemGovernment":"$government_None;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"None", "SystemSecurity":"$GAlAXY_MAP_INFO_state_anarchy;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Anarchy", "Population":0, "Body":"Beagle Point", "BodyID":0, "BodyType":"Star", "JumpDist":51.934, "FuelUsed":4.639651, "FuelLevel":27.360350 }
{ "timestamp":"2019-06-11T20:40:51Z", "event":"FSSSignalDiscovered", "SystemAddress":81973396946, "SignalName":"Memorial to Zy, Zylo, Zylophone" }

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom