[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Good day.
I apologize, but I was very late. I have a reason, I was on a military call.
Now I understand that I was late. No chance for me anymore?
Point missed on time and ended the expedition.
Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

P.S. And thanks for the great work. This event was awesome.

Erm... No longer possible to complete the form? Been overseas with work commitments and such, so I've only really had a chance to stop and breathe recently.

Edit - NVM, one of the posts above seems to make my next course of action very clear.

Cheers,

Z...

Last edited:
Same here, arrived at Beagle Point on 9th May and EDSM acknowledged I had completed the expedition, I also received a badge as it was my first expedition :). I hadn't taken much notice of the forum and now realise that I have been marked as not completing the expedition on the official roster, which is a shame as I thought at the very least the information from EDSM was being used, at least I got my badge :)

Same here, arrived at Beagle Point on 9th May and EDSM acknowledged I had completed the expedition, I also received a badge as it was my first expedition :). I hadn't taken much notice of the forum and now realise that I have been marked as not completing the expedition on the official roster, which is a shame as I thought at the very least the information from EDSM was being used, at least I got my badge :)
Not all use third party sites, myself included.

Given the circumstances though (it can be difficult to keep up with the goings on as there is a lot of info in different places to sort though), I'd get in touch with the organizers.

I got to Beagle Point on the 27th May and didn't even realise I was supposed to say I'd done so on the google doc that is now closed. That means no decal for me. I did email about it but it isn't doing me any good.

I arrived at Beagle Point within the time window. I filled out the form to register my arrival at the time, but didn't leave a message here.

Is it too late to get the decal?

Roster # 10402 Cmdr Shah Bon'Zika Ship ID 943-DW

Well, I didn't make it, but boy what a ride. I'm still going to BP, but family, kids and life in general taking their required time, I just couldn't make it. Although during my ride I didn't actually meet anyone on my journey, the folks I talked to on Discord etc were great. Thanks for the chance to be part of something so...epic. I wonder what I'll do when I get to BP? :D

Cheers all,
CMDR HD #13697

Well, I made it at last. I had to take a few months off parked at Eudaemon Anchorage to cool off after losing many hours of exploration data in an embarrassing incident involving a white dwarf. I guess I'm just a little bit late for the party.

Arrival: 3305-08-10 03:54:00

o7
CMDR wrongcoder
RRS McBoatface (6RU-DW)

Greetings,

I know I am very late to the party, for several reasons. I have been dealing with health issues since late may/early june (the worse part was from june to late july) which confined me to bed at first (I did infringe that a couple of times in order to complete DW2 in time since it was not life threatening, just very uncomfortable), and when it started getting better and I could sit in front of my PC, I took some time off of Elite and other games I used to play quite a lot.
I also kind of forgot about DW2 since I completed it in time, there was nothing more for me to do but care about my health and come back to the bubble when I feel better.

That, and the fact I wasn't aware of the existence of this decal awarded to DW2 participants that made it to the end in time. Sadly now the form is closed, and I don't know if there is any way to get the decal now.

I signed up on PC as CMDR Ylfingr Nitlda (at the time, name changed to simply CMDR Nitlda on January 18th EliteDW2(1).png), roster registration number 2068, with a Type-7 named Fleet Support, ID number 035-DW, as a fuel rat and fleet mechanic.
I managed to eventually reach Beagle Point on June 12th.EliteDW2.png

DW2 really was a great adventure. Not quite as memorable as the Enigma Expedition for me, not only due to the cause of the Enigma Expedition, but unlike Enigma, I was unable to attend the waypoint activities due to running late for the whole expedition. Therefore there was not much more than jumping from waypoint to waypoint, all the fun was restricted to Discord. But that was still my first time travelling further than Colonia, and obviously my first time reaching Beagle Point. So DW2 will forever be stored in my brain's hard drive.

I would like to thank everyone involved in organising this great event and every participant as well.

Wishing everyone a good day/night and a safe flight o7

Just arrived Beagle.

View attachment 129748

Now I stay for a few days in here, and hanging around. Then I'll took my way to colonia/bubble, maybe taking my time for the galaxy border.
RL didn't let me enjoy all the meetings and activities, but when I did it, I enjoy a lot.
I'll be alert for next expedition, I get bored quickly in bubble... hoping DW3 ,😗

Thanks to all organizers, all people make this possible and all the people joined to this adventure.
o7 CMDRS see you in the void. Or in Beagle if you arrive soon.

Just arrived Colonia two days ago. I haven't redeem still my DW2 DECAL code because I didn't dock in any station since Explorer's Anchorage... I had instructions in the arrival mail to redeem the code in game (Xbox), but with the last week update, I don't see where can I redeem it.
Someone can help me?

Thank you so much.

Well, I'll be damned...I made it. Finally, on the last day of 2019, with only 1.5hrs to go (Atlantic Time, Canada), I arrived at Beagle Point. I can't believe I honestly made it. I would have loved to be there in the end with the rest of the DW2 folks, but life has a way (especially with two young kids) of changing one's plans.
So, for now, I'm going to switch over to my acct. in the bubble, and when I'm ready, take a left and head around the to get back. Wish me luck!

Happy New Year all! Be kind to yourselves :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom