PvP Distant Worlds 2 Article (Alpha Orbital News)

That's very interesting, thanks for the share. I've found it bizarre that no other game site has reported on this aspect of the expedition(s), the sheer physical impact of how closely the two programs--DWE2 & Distant Ganks which are running concurrently--have on one another. Word has it, though, that Kotaku got a hold of the DG admins to get their take on things, so expect another leading publication to expand on this story in (hopefully) greater detail.

In other news, though, it seems like the DWE2 is making great progress, and I'm really looking forward to the scheduled SRV races that are coming up!

The DG2 admins contacted Kotaku, not the other way around.
That's not the way I heard it, but regardless of who contacted who first, the important take away is that the story seems to be reaching the mainstream gaming press, despite the best efforts to suppress the full scope and detail of events. I mean, you'd think the fact that nearly 1400 explorers have been destroyed between the starter beacon and waypoint 2, maybe somebody would have picked up on it.

That's not the way I heard it, but regardless of who contacted who first, the important take away is that the story seems to be reaching the mainstream gaming press, despite the best efforts to suppress the full scope and detail of events. I mean, you'd think the fact that nearly 1400 explorers have been destroyed between the starter beacon and waypoint 2, maybe somebody would have picked up on it.
1500+ as of this morning.

Wow. This is desperate. Not so much salt mining as it is salt fracking. Bonne chance with that boys.

Edit: apologies to our French speaking friends for getting the noun gender wrong. Only got a B in my French O-Level.

Last edited:
Distant Ganks eh?

Well, i suppose anyone flying DW2 in open is accepting of any ganks, so salt mining should be at least kept to a minimum.

That's very interesting, thanks for the share. I've found it bizarre that no other game site has reported on this aspect of the expedition(s)
The galaxy's premier news source, Galactic Real Fake News Network, is considering making a special report, like they did on Zarek. Hopefully that will get the word out.

More seriously, I found it found it silly - but expected due to the PR nature of such things - that there was an article on the 30 crash landings while meanwhile by then there were something like like 800 boom booms. And now double that, especially if you count the hundreds of console scrub galaxy boom booms that can't be officially tallied.

Last edited:
Top Bottom