[Distant Worlds Expedition]The Explorer's Legacy (A suggestion about Lavian Brandy)

The Sag/Car expedition is more fluid than DW right now. When it first started, it was more organized, but it has since turned into an ongoing mapping operation without set routes or start/end times. There are at least a few of us who are headed back from BP along the Sagittarius-Carina arm, so we could take some from BP and it would become the Sag/Car brandy. Then it becomes a matter of just organizing the handoff when a carrying CMDR heads back to the bubble. That's easy enough, especially since the FGE's home system is on the edge of the bubble.

P.S.: Yes, I'm volunteering to carry some brandy back from BP to be part of the Sag/Car brandy stash. And yes, I promise I won't drink it all before I hand it off. :D
Definitely stick around at BP we'll do something about it.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I have a case of Lavian Brandy on board. I've always taken one out with me as a good luck charm, so once it gets me to Beagle Point it's all yours. :)

Great! I was wondering if we should use 5 separate rare alcohol instead or just lavian brandy. any thoughts?

From Beagle Point I know of at least three different paths being taken for the return trip:
- The Sag-Car mission along the arm (eastern route along the galactic rim)
- The Sag-Car mission to the root of the arm (western route close to the galactic core)
- The Western Expedition to explore the Abyssal Plain and beyond (far west route)

If you have three bottles of brandy it would be a nice touch to have little ceremony at Beagle Point where they are given to three explorers following each of these routes.

From Beagle Point I know of at least three different paths being taken for the return trip:
- The Sag-Car mission along the arm (eastern route along the galactic rim)
- The Sag-Car mission to the root of the arm (western route close to the galactic core)
- The Western Expedition to explore the Abyssal Plain and beyond (far west route)

If you have three bottles of brandy it would be a nice touch to have little ceremony at Beagle Point where they are given to three explorers following each of these routes.

That's an idea. We'll definitely organised something closer to the date... in fact! let me create a google document. for this very purpose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3gs0T8nkhkB9pLInqe1WMSYhkGEYmd7EvC4dqhK048/edit?usp=sharing

I currently have 5 bottles of lavian brandy on me. i'd like to keep 1 so i'll put up 4 to this.

if anyone is interested as i've seen here, please add your name and the amount you hold that you're willing to spare.

5 is the minimum that i hope to have access to, 6 is the optimum because it can be divided by 2 and 3.

Anymore than that and the exclusivity of the legacy becomes questionable.

Edit:Just allowed editing!

Last edited:
How about Fujin Tea?

I like this idea, but I'd rather see an alternative to the alcohol-filled list of rare commodities in the legacy list.

I suggest that we replace the Gin with Fujin Tea.

---
Why?, do you ask. Well, we all know the thrill when we find tea when scouting the surfaces of moons and planetoids. The adrenaline pumping when we see a signature on the wavescanner that may hold some canisters of... Wait... Is it..? No, it can't be... Tea? TEA!
For this reason alone I believe tea is one of the corner stones of the commodities that we have learned to cherish and anticipate on our travels to the skies and beyond. So what better way to have a connection to this magnificent produce, than that of the rare commodity Fujin Tea.

It should also be told that Mr. Dr. Lord CMDR David Braben, when sitting down gazing through the canopy of his Anaconda observation deck, was slightly less enjoying his gazillionth cup of tea and wondered if he shouldn't go visit Fujin who had become quite a name in the Tea Lord's Society Club, of which Mr. Dr. Lord CMDR David Braben incidentally was the viscount.
Said and done. Mr. Dr. Lord CMDR David Braben set off to Fujin. After having spent several months of vivid indulgence in the nectar of Fujin's secret brew, he made a decision; It is time to make this ware rare. "For I, Mr. Dr. Lord CMDR David Braben said, have the root password to the commodity database and know exactly what value to change!"

So starts the tale of the most exclusive tea to be found in E:D space. Let everyone enjoy it as much as Mr. Dr. Lord CMDR David Braben do. (For a little bit more than what regular tea would cost you)
---

tl;dr
In the end, a little bit of diversity in the commodity list is what I suggest. And tea has become a silent meme of sorts as everyone who has ever played for more than 1 minute in the SRV, have found it at least one time during that minute. It's a hate-love-hate relationship.

And it may have a little bit to do with that I happen to have brought it to BP as well. Of which I will happily donate the first canister free of charge.

Until next time, CMDRs

//SHELLSTRÖM

Last edited:
I suggest that we replace the Gin with Fujin Tea.

Hey! I personally hauled that Gin from Hutton Orbital to WP21. I will take it very personally if you gonna try to replace it with tea :D (And yes...I know every sane person hates gin, but sadly there's no rum in the ED universe for some reason :D)

Last edited:
Here you go: I might not be around during the stream - it's a work day - but I'm interested in carrying a ton of something into the next expedition.

Name: Satsuma
Expedition: Sagittarius-Carina Mission (root side)
Expected Rendevous Expedition: Sagittarius-Carina Mission (arm side)
Ship: Asp Explorer
Ship Name: Strix
Paint Job: Black Apollo

Ok I am stepping forward to catch the Carina mission in passing.
CMDR 3.14285
Ship Conda (copper)
With a standard somewhat shabby looking paint job

alright i've added you two. a few things have changed. I'm using lavian brandy instead. reread the OP. Still in need of three couriers

I'd be willing to take one, but i'm afraid the It Was Intentional doesn't currently have any cargo bays. If I can meet up after returning to the bubble and swapping components, I'd be happy to take one to the Crab Pulsar expedition :)

Both of mine can do it :)

Name: Patrecleus
Expedition: Distant Worlds
Expected Rendevous Expedition: Sagittarius/Carina
Ship Name: DSS Wanderer
Paint Job: Gold Pharoh

Name: Halcyone
Expedition: Distant Worlds
Expected Rendevous Expedition: Crab Nebula
Ship: Lakon Type-7
Ship Name: White Lightning
Paint Job: Tactical Ice (White)

Name: Moonrays
Expedition: Distant Worlds Expedition
Expected Rendevous Expedition: Crab Nebula Expedition, followed by Formidine Rift
Ship: Anaconda
Ship Name: Kon-Tiki
Paint Job: -

I'd be willing to take one, but i'm afraid the It Was Intentional doesn't currently have any cargo bays. If I can meet up after returning to the bubble and swapping components, I'd be happy to take one to the Crab Pulsar expedition :)

I'm sure something can be arranged in the future when we're closer to it. I hope to see this last for a long time coming.

I don't have any cargo space at the moment, but I'll have space once I return to the bubble and head out for the Crab Nebula Expedition and Formidine Rift Expedition!

Name: CMDR Prodirus
Expedition: Distant Worlds Expedition
Expected Rendevous Expedition: Crab Nebula Expedition, immediately followed by Formidine Rift Expedition!
Ship Name: Mono
Paint Job: Orange!

Last edited:
Top Bottom