[Distant Worlds Expedition]The Explorer's Legacy (A suggestion about Lavian Brandy)

I currently hold the Cameraderie Legacy...

Can it be brought by special dispensation to the GNE/CCN joint meetup at Colonia Hub this weekend? Given the exploration focus of the event, it seems reasonable to me, per the spirit of the Legacy project.

CMDR grnbrg.

Hey there Just checking on all legacies and all holders of them. How are things? and do you still have the legacies?

Miepit, Grnbrg, Aggie, Serinea are you all still alive?

Hey there Just checking on all legacies and all holders of them. How are things? and do you still have the legacies?

Miepit, Grnbrg, Aggie, Serinea are you all still alive?

Still alive. However, I passed the Cameraderie Legacy to CMDR Cometborne at Kyloalks DL-Y G17 - IV on October 30th. Apologies for neglecting to log the fact.

CMDR grnbrg.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, so to speak:

[video=youtube_share;Q6r6pBpgZzM]https://youtu.be/Q6r6pBpgZzM[/video]

After carrying the Camaraderie Legacy through the second half of GNE, my current plan is to accompany the C3E almost all the way back to Jaques, "complete" the missing first half of C3E, and then re-trace the DWE route all the way to Beagle Point and the Treehouse.

Delayed transmissions from the black

Begin transmission...

Pewter Posterior, current vessel carrying the explorers legacy "Achievement" still sound and spaceport, if a little frayed around the edges. Currenty aproaching The Abyss, but still a reasonable way to go. Seals on the cargo container still sound and intact, pilot a little quiet though. Neutron stars are pretty, but the warm glow of G class still preferable.

Enjoying the long trip, hope all is well back home, will ensure contact is made for handover in good time when on the return journey.

Fly dangerous and leave interesting patterns between the stars
CMDR Serinea out.

...End transmission.

Postcard from The Treehouse

My journey so far has taken me around the Orion-Cygnus Arm, across the Orion-Perseus Confluence to cross the Persons Stream. from there, a relatively short route had me flying across Boreas to follow a flow of stars over Styx where I traversed the Scutus-Centaurum Arm to encounter the Galactic Aphelion which faded into the Abyssal proper.

From this point, I started to probe outwards, using my holographic map to plan prospective routes, and when my route failed to pan out, moving Spaniards to try again.

It took two and a half months, and more than 40,000 light-years, but I have now completed the main focus of my travels since taking stewardship of the "Achievement" legacy, froma system near Colonial Where I collected the barrel from Duck Of Death. And on the way I encountered neutron stars, white dwarfs, black holes, many earthlings world's and found my first few Ammonia class world's too.

But I made it, first to Beagle point, where the legacy's story took form, and on to the Treehouse, my initial intended destination. From here, who knows where I shall go, though I have a few destinations near the core, The Great Annihilation among others.

And now a couple of pictures, one from Beagle Point 1, and one looking homewards from Treehouse

Clouds
above Beagle Point 1
by
Serinea
Askold
, on Flickr

Postcard
from The Treehouse
by
Serinea
Askold
, on Flickr

Have you heard that Wanderlust was sadly lost with the destruction of Tom the Keelback? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Keelback-Memorial-run-to-Beagle-Point/page6
This was over a month ago but this thread has not seen much activity so it might have been missed. If it is any consolation, both Tom the Keelback and his predecessor Bob the Keelback ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Keelback-without-shields-but-with-a-mission ) embodied the spirit of Wanderlust throughout their lives, saw some great sights and made friends. Tom crashed at HATCHOI DS-Y B29-O 2 15.2872° -109.4058°, 22KLY away from Beagle Point. o7

Have you heard that Wanderlust was sadly lost with the destruction of Tom the Keelback? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Keelback-Memorial-run-to-Beagle-Point/page6
This was over a month ago but this thread has not seen much activity so it might have been missed. If it is any consolation, both Tom the Keelback and his predecessor Bob the Keelback ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Keelback-without-shields-but-with-a-mission ) embodied the spirit of Wanderlust throughout their lives, saw some great sights and made friends. Tom crashed at HATCHOI DS-Y B29-O 2 15.2872° -109.4058°, 22KLY away from Beagle Point. o7

:eek: I have not heard of this! I need to write something about it.

Did CMDR Tom the Keelback get Wanderlust from CMDR Miepit?

Last edited:
I must have forgotten to say it but this looks beautiful. where are you now?

Btw folks have you all heard of The Galactic Travel Agency?

It might be something you long term explorer's might like to get involved in.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/326547-The-Galactic-Travel-Agency-Expand-your-horizons!

Aha! This is what you accidentally asked me on Discord about how the logo design progress was going? I was really confused as I had not heard of the GTA. :D
It looks really interesting, I'll have to see how our 2.3 ship firmware updates will actually turn out before I can make a decision on joining the GTA. From here on, I will probably be stuck in or fairly close to the Colonia bubble. (At least within 45 kylies of Colonia \o/ )

Last edited:
Camaraderie has a new steward

During a meeting about 2000 LY north this afternoon, the Camaraderie legacy was passed from CMDR Cometborne to CMDR Lydia of the Void:

q1fCVbx.png
Carrier of Burdens (left) and The Thrusted Whale during the hand-over ceremony

After passing some urgently needed supplies, Camaraderie was transferred to its new steward:
fOCRYIk.png

CMDR Lydia of the Void announced that she planned to visit some of the closer exploration targets in the southern part of the galaxy, and was happy to take over this burden.

During a meeting about 2000 LY north this afternoon, the Camaraderie legacy was passed from CMDR Cometborne to CMDR Lydia of the Void:

http://i.imgur.com/q1fCVbx.pngCarrier of Burdens (left) and The Thrusted Whale during the hand-over ceremony

After passing some urgently needed supplies, Camaraderie was transferred to its new steward:

CMDR Lydia of the Void announced that she planned to visit some of the closer exploration targets in the southern part of the galaxy, and was happy to take over this burden.

That's very good to hear!!

I'll get it updated.

I've also posted a GalNet article on Wanderlust's lost. Hopefully it gets approved.

===Begin message to Pilots Federation Archives, Explorer's Legacy administration department===

Greetings, Commander Serinea reporting in.

On the 5th of October 3302 I took stewardship of the Explorer's Legacy "Achievement" from Commander Duck Of Death from a system neighboring Colonia.

From there I carried the legacy to Beagle Point, and the Tree-house, from whence i navigated along the Sagittarius-Carina arm of the galaxy spin-wards towards the human populated bubble.

Today, 21st March 3303 I passed stewardship of the legacy to Commander May, who has carried it before.

find attached a number of images that may be suitable for promotional material, and an album of selected images taken from my travels.

===Begin attachments==
Passing of the Legacy: The Legacy by Serinea Askold, on Flickr

Passing of the Legacy: Bosting on starlight by Serinea Askold, on Flickr
===End attachments, End Of Message===

The Endurance has changed hands!

During a small ceremony the Endurance was carefully handed over from Cmdr Silence Leigh to Cmdr Mad-Max. This is the story behind it:
It all started with a Buckyball race, the one to Sagittarius A which took place in the spring of 2015. I fitted my Asp as good as I could back then, she did 34LY/jump on a full tank. My run to Sag A was not the best; I caught the flu on the first night forcing me to bed instead of racing, which led to a rather late finishing time: a bit over 5 days. But my appetite for the Black was lit.

Later that year I learned of the Distant Worlds Expedition which started early 2016, I joined immediately. That trip was a true eye opener to the fantastic diversity of the exploration community; rock rats, fuel rats, prospectors, thrill seekers, speed jumpers, astronomy lovers, photographers, event-thinkers and keepers of the peace, all with the same goal: to travel via manageable lengths of space from waypoint to waypoint towards the End of the Galaxy AKA Beagle Point. It made me feel like a small but significant part of something big, something very special.

At the end of the trip, when we were soon pouring in at Beagle Point, Olivia Vespera came up with the idea of the Legacies on the forum. I read about it and thought it would be grand to be one of those explorers, to carry one of the crates of brandy and honour it’s individual spirit in in-game actions.. But I was one of thousand pilots out there, I didn’t think much of my chances in getting one right away, but promised myself to be on the lookout for an opportunity.

That opportunity came March this year, in a fleeting moment on Discord I caught Olivia searching for a new commander to carry one of two legacies, asking for a friend – the very Silence Leigh I met just a few days ago on a rocky moon with a great view! There she floated down effortlessly in her big red 'Conda named "Clifford" to land on that bumpy field I'd chosen for the ceremony. We drove to meet in our SRVs and she told me about the previous carriers before turning about, pointing her cargo racks at me to carefully drop the Endurance. And then she realised she'd forgot to transfer it from her ship... We continued the ceremony with me offering a tonne of Jade and a tonne of Platinum as tribute (we can say that the Solitude got an upgrade to the crate with elaborate patterns in green and polished grey) followed by some SRV shenanigans and photographs. I tagged the entire system, save the pretty ELW/WW that floated so nice over the horizon, I offered it to Silence Leigh as a small sign of friendship and good spirits.

The high point of the ceremony:
Wjf8O5f.png

And the Endurance, safely in my cargo rack:
OlD24s5.png

And finally, a small postcard from the other side of the Core:
umb1AJ8.jpg

Hello all, I will be at Hawking's Gap within the next few weeks if anyone wants to hand a legacy over? I'll be going on from Hawking's Gap to the core, then Beagle point, Wagar's Reach, before back to the bubble.

During a small ceremony the Endurance was carefully handed over from Cmdr Silence Leigh to Cmdr Mad-Max. This is the story behind it:
It all started with a Buckyball race, the one to Sagittarius A which took place in the spring of 2015. I fitted my Asp as good as I could back then, she did 34LY/jump on a full tank. My run to Sag A was not the best; I caught the flu on the first night forcing me to bed instead of racing, which led to a rather late finishing time: a bit over 5 days. But my appetite for the Black was lit.

Later that year I learned of the Distant Worlds Expedition which started early 2016, I joined immediately. That trip was a true eye opener to the fantastic diversity of the exploration community; rock rats, fuel rats, prospectors, thrill seekers, speed jumpers, astronomy lovers, photographers, event-thinkers and keepers of the peace, all with the same goal: to travel via manageable lengths of space from waypoint to waypoint towards the End of the Galaxy AKA Beagle Point. It made me feel like a small but significant part of something big, something very special.

At the end of the trip, when we were soon pouring in at Beagle Point, Olivia Vespera came up with the idea of the Legacies on the forum. I read about it and thought it would be grand to be one of those explorers, to carry one of the crates of brandy and honour it’s individual spirit in in-game actions.. But I was one of thousand pilots out there, I didn’t think much of my chances in getting one right away, but promised myself to be on the lookout for an opportunity.

That opportunity came March this year, in a fleeting moment on Discord I caught Olivia searching for a new commander to carry one of two legacies, asking for a friend – the very Silence Leigh I met just a few days ago on a rocky moon with a great view! There she floated down effortlessly in her big red 'Conda named "Clifford" to land on that bumpy field I'd chosen for the ceremony. We drove to meet in our SRVs and she told me about the previous carriers before turning about, pointing her cargo racks at me to carefully drop the Endurance. And then she realised she'd forgot to transfer it from her ship... We continued the ceremony with me offering a tonne of Jade and a tonne of Platinum as tribute (we can say that the Solitude got an upgrade to the crate with elaborate patterns in green and polished grey) followed by some SRV shenanigans and photographs. I tagged the entire system, save the pretty ELW/WW that floated so nice over the horizon, I offered it to Silence Leigh as a small sign of friendship and good spirits.

The high point of the ceremony:
http://imgur.com/Wjf8O5f.png

And the Endurance, safely in my cargo rack:
http://imgur.com/OlD24s5.png

And finally, a small postcard from the other side of the Core:
http://imgur.com/umb1AJ8.jpg

Thanks for keeping this going safe travels! I've not said but I've updated the main thread. I think Silence Leigh might transfer her last one over. Not sure where she is at the moment.

Last edited:
Update from the Edge of Forever

It's an honor to carry the Achievement legacy once more, and in the spirit of the name, I felt it was fitting to take it somewhere few have ever been - in this case Angosk OM-W d1-0 - also known as Sepositus Beacon. At 45,374 LYs from Sagittarius A* at the extreme eastern end of the Outer Arm it's likely the farthest you can reach from SagA* with current drive tech (although i'm going to test this with some J3!)

Now that I've flown 35k and reached the easternmost point of my current expedition, i'll be traveling back along the outer arm towards the galmap west - very soon I shall update you with a post from the southernmost point in the galaxy!

Here's a couple postcard pics from The Edge of Forever - my nickname for planet 4a, the only landable in the system.

T6ZiyZY.jpg

I1ZEYlH.jpg

CHFv7tA.jpg

Last edited:
It's an honor to carry the Achievement legacy once more, and in the spirit of the name, I felt it was fitting to take it somewhere few have ever been - in this case Angosk OM-W d1-0 - also known as Sepositus Beacon. At 45,374 LYs from Sagittarius A* at the extreme eastern end of the Outer Arm it's likely the farthest you can reach from SagA* with current drive tech (although i'm going to test this with some J3!)

Now that I've flown 35k and reached the easternmost point of my current expedition, i'll be traveling back along the outer arm towards the galmap west - very soon I shall update you with a post from the southernmost point in the galaxy!

Here's a couple postcard pics from The Edge of Forever - my nickname for planet 4a, the only landable in the system.

http://i.imgur.com/T6ZiyZY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I1ZEYlH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CHFv7tA.jpg

Sepositus Beacon... That's beautiful. It's like a mirror image of the view at Beagle Point except the planet is much brighter.

:) I'm glad to see the same bottle still chugging along in folk's cargo containers. How are you all doing?

Sorry for the late reply.

Top Bottom