[Distant Worlds Expedition]The Explorer's Legacy (A suggestion about Lavian Brandy)

Oh yes! I was looking for this thread but couldn't remember its title.

Anyway, which of the legacies are still "alive an kicking"? And is it OK to take them on "one person expeditions / journeys" or does it need to be something "official"?

With great pride and pleasure i can confirm, i am bearer of Hope now. Will take it whereever the voidwinds take us.

However, i dunno who reported giving Community to me. I do not have it nor have i ever had it.
Unless of course there is an actual CMDR Graytest out there, which i kinda doubt. Whereever it is, i Hope it's alive and kicking in someone's cargohold! (pun intended ;-) )

Cheers,
Grey

Anyway, which of the legacies are still "alive an kicking"? And is it OK to take them on "one person expeditions / journeys" or does it need to be something "official"?

As far as I know, other than Wanderlust and Encouragement, they're all active. And it doesn't matter what you take them on - every light year they travel becomes part of their history - just so long as you don't bring them back to a system with a station.

Though now I'm really curious where Community is... ;)

From: Crazy Science Ship The Bottom 99%, 018-DW, CMDR Cometborne
To: Distant Worlds 3302 Legacy department, CMDR Olivia Vespera
Copy: Distant Worlds 3305 team; The Thrusted Whale, GNE-34, ship's log; Long Range Cow, BPE043, ship's log

Subject: Report on first and second recovery attempts for Wanderlust

The first report about the loss of CMDR Miepit's ship "Tom the keelback" carrying the Wanderlust legacy were received in early January 3303. A first impromptu survey of the crash site using just the equipment on a typical explorer ship was done in February 3303 following the conclusion of the Galactic Nebula and Colonia Core Circuit expedtions but found no remains of pilot, escape pod, ship, or Wanderlust.

QnFN2St.png

The lack of remains of the pilot or the escape pod does not come as a surprise because records available from the Pilot's Federation indicate that CMDR Miepit has been active as of January 3305. In other words, CMDR Miepit was able to activate his escape system in time.

8wrDotj.png

A second survey utilizing more advanced equipment released by the Pilot's Federation in the years since the crash was carried out during the Distant Worlds 3305 expedition. Additional documentary photographs were taken after the expedition's conclusion. Despite the additional search equipment, no remains of ship or cargo could be identified.
MMbUYmx.png

The most likely explanation is that the ship bounced off the underlying rock before undergoing rapid unplanned disassembly while being several meters above the surface. In such a scenario, the distance between the disintegrating ship and the surface can prevent the formation of a crater, while the energy relased by the event is large enough to pulverize the ship and its cargo.

A similar incident happened during the Distant Worlds 3302 expedition and formed the basis of the well-known "safe landing" video meme.

jiV8vgY.png

There are no notable changes in appearance between the pictures from February 3303 and those from May 3305. This was to be expected if the ship was destroyed several meters above the surface. There might still be miniscule chemical traces, but identifying them require a comparison between the make-up of the underlying rocks seen today with samples taken before the crash. As no such samples exist, the loss of the Wanderlust legacy must be considered confirmed.

AjQvdJo.png

PS: One of my friends started working for Aegis recently, but forgot to pass me his new galweb code. As getting directory assistance out here looks to be an enigma, and I am about to have a cow, can you pass the following to Aegis' mission department, please? Thanks in advance
UEs DBC 0AA AAA AHe iuU 4Vw 3hJ /// /// /// /8B ABQ ALQ EAE ABP BgA AAA
AAA E8G AAA AAA AAM Zgl p0w ifq Me2 pxP 0k9 6o8 qUa CUD dAO f+2 5QT wJJ
qml oL3 FDJ pzq 3qy Jn+ skH dYE 7h+ oEE cZl +Cd Lwz JwC VzC Zme uW7 u8l
G5Q 8Lo Xtq E6m PBQ SUa O5Y LBG oW6 sEN 9wd 2xr afE ohx HHA DlR RX8 QD4
Ej7 SOh Sjm gPD Rce kcB 5OR Wr6 v7y N9J KIj 6HB Tge 6rm hrc nl+ sq1 +C4
7RT MoC +tB /jx a1C +Z8 ZBA QJt 9fT UMW /yh vhf w6q OY7 Twk Ou+ Sgv Lj5
twM Lnh 3Vn k/d ByJ 4iv F2W icD oaM 9JC xSW MqX vTp hgb g4y zbg kdT O1R
ZNa M2o bAf 0gz Ee3 Jmu OzO bmv Pwf fP3 Tb5 CMj x4y ldu k9l T7h opd So+
QF7 Mmi 6Bk 85Z SUQ 1pz 2Cx Ems gi0 Pxf t/O CNV lp0 LtI Pa5 rAO CYu eio
krh k69 c2T qRO R6u jyT mKy ecc j7p Vee 2yj sF8 55e Ptg 3qe qf1 rTl +Zg
BSp Jcu /Tr +1a 3Rs Z2F qyq p0O Iku jBH v+/ fve h4m Zpl sLa V57 v6P oQa
4cg j0p S13 4Ne Asb ZQg 15I W6K 7eL IQ7 mmQ NA1 IzW eTl LOa MDy X5j a23
ZpE T7E fqX 4d/ HuK l5J Cd6 Hnv ZBq gAk GFi Cwz g45 F3k JVf Ltf s8V +0r
OtF QZx RLG 51X 2Af mPA jjY Kek HbC NUN fDb g4n yMf d/g oQG g/1 Xc5 RET
4BA AxV 14L CWG i9d 3+V jvU nZE BlG 60j qFY wrm xWS IAK Fsu 1/D J4b RVp
hXi FPK 4oH LkE oir ysI nX1 Z21 RBR GEf fNJ 4hG YFv n8j jZS yjK ESd vLS
Aiy rNN VGs Jm4 Ukm nnQ yqg chr gyW lyj 7WN nh0 0Z0 1Sb sTv pTa JpO X2U
3qL Ukw XP5 jLp I/r HDn O+O g8n DCY FHZ vhg O0j fGa 2+r r1V Ruf qiF Ehi
9Pz qht gJS KKp A6f KLd Nwx kow Xds lbQ UVR 1zG Zlr Fne fTh liV Rf8 Mi9
LN3 d8c GKQ ZUb wik Uav gBm iCB 23m 3AF X7o AK4 GAo C/l i/Z DTB 0US 0Zd
rA6 N4u ufa svg iJE nFr KAw iqo Rgb aZR SRb fVv 0wH sFT UCZ Bkc +M0 VKH
OxO o8+ Uhz UgK 17e /2Z g/J w3Q EWt ar9 vfl /3Z Xph sFg Q8O EuR AW0 jdg
TVu +1o pWy 403 GsO 6lp w9F Ewe oIx IFJ gir fTz zhZ aQ9 0O6 v+M al9 cXC
6XO 01E AcU nmv GH7 Cry AYW sNd RsV Qlu eqE aew HtM 6gH QMb ZWV s4D 7vh
lps azy I3N c7P MWV xB1 f1E oFP h7v mIP NgQ ZgI E0g OrB sXt 6+b hPd Yyv
vBB Iz3 5PM e0C 08F gOo sbq V65 Wea F09 1fl vIn 7/D JuJ og1 g7I 8Pc I59
IEn pW+ L+g BMT CpF Xj4 rVK vg+ oCw syy Ic/ nY5 r0x rEV Py7 zTg CLE 3ig
obR lKg ffH ej1 Nvi gn8 VOo hcs PMi KiA VGw 3qs x7S kRU 8LT 8ND C1F COR
YUZ RCp /4r YZF 9IO EEH g22 dyq t81 5J5 J/R 3EC vXC EdP wRp 6Zh 2Ru ElT
gXR OD1 WZn 0AQ q8I 6Qq SVz tDy Qe/ 7pf MVu aJh 9JT Hj5 xbQ Xzm w57 nc8
nzU 9nz X2M vi7 lo0 SNP Q5f 95S tsl SF6 bSI r0+ LdD 0qq gUy c2q US5 gc/
Ib5 06O JHz mZd NL4 QW0 mwR HB1 Ng9 Ail PwF 3ZP d9l Sha bRc +Pu FMk JEw
po3 b3h e0Q k7d q88 zpb +mM ZZX WTH wIF AbB Ba/ 9Us t4m TyP m/b Gcl 7Qg
z2H Rs9 V5Y tvC 9pj JIC K61 SaQ YtU FeJ ni1 OcT sln CFv p3c vEQ jLT 6DT
FLJ eIe sKJ Jr+ IXK IAA et7 Ua1 gup vVX TqP PJQ I/T Zsu g0+ MRA 6W3 5Mc
Ou6 inR ohO Mx7 dJA AWu 7gE iIt FCI h5f owM W3Z 47n VJi 9Lt /7H 96e IKr
Hcb Zhn EcN 2BD P3C wtL TpN XqE 6tx iNt syE cQe XUS E0F 8HA j7j bYL xeX
WUY dHA v3K eTz Tsv Ytb s7m orM RcV VYq toB GaI JE7 udB wNl Rr0 3TG 3ZV
dYt WmD Bly 22T Ker pU8 e0b 2SO YWB CJm +aM zsU SlJ twL 6GQ 1PH bLi AbB
dCT mJK S+w J1W 7me zFL Smf rJ0 7G4 ZCP pbg cJK Cth wmH xic PDM EIo fdo
w9K cUr ea6 kPx yMB 3/G 082 UqY aDz d3I 3Hg Qfe U2+ LUt lOT VlY AJz OXy
VPM v15 F1B LAQ IeA y0A AAA AAH eiu U4V w3h JTw YAA E8G AAA BAA AAA AAA
AAA AAA C0g QAA AAA tUE sGB iwA AAA AAA AAH gMt AAA AAA AAA AAA AQA AAA
AAA AAB AAA AAA AAA C8A AAA AAA AAg gYA AAA AAA BQS wYH AAA AAL EGA AAA
AAA AAQ AAA FBL BQY AAA AAA QAB AC8 AAA CCB gAA AAA =
I will resolve the above in a year and a day if nobody else manages it

As far as I know, other than Wanderlust and Encouragement, they're all active.

Whatever happened to Encouragement, and where? I've just visited the Wanderlust crash site for the second time, might as well pay my respects to the Encouragement site also (and take less than 2.5 years to post something about it).

Whatever happened to Encouragement, and where? I've just visited the Wanderlust crash site for the second time, might as well pay my respects to the Encouragement site also (and take less than 2.5 years to post something about it).

Encouragement was being carried by CMDR May. She attempted to transfer it in space to another ship and it was lost to a game bug.

From May:
"as far as mine goes, ... i'm thinking we may just want to let it be, it does give some additional lore to the project and the way the ancient urn suddenly started flying away on its own, while glitchy, could be some mysterious in-universe factor"

She attempted to transfer it in space to another ship and it was lost to a game bug.

Yes, space transfers are dangerous. In addition to the loss of Encouragement, I dimly remember another thread where another space transfer went wrong, but the legacy was restored by support. I had my own brown pants moment when I initially took over Camaraderie in orbit over The Mighty, but I was flying a cutter at the time and was able to boost after it. Ever since then, I do my handovers on planets, especially the frequent back-and-forth between main and alt that were needed during DW2.

In my mind, Cameraderie is basically a small shipping container of brandy - 75 cases, each with 12 bottles of brandy - and with each handoff, one case is kept by the Commander handing it off. It creates a thread linking all of us who carried that legacy, and in my mind the thread perfectly fits with the spirit of Cameraderie.

I raise a glass to you, and to everyone out here in the black.

After being temporarily stored with my alt so that I could sell my DW2 data (4.5bn gross, my NPC is getting rich), Achievement is now being carried by me again as part of the "Around the 'verse in 80 days" trip organized by the Hutton Truckers. After that, Achievement will be parked with my alt awaiting another expedition.

Handover from my proudly scarred DW2 Beluga to the alt about half a kylie north-ish of Colonia:
VQqMknx.png

Handback to the shiny new Type 7 somewhere about WP5 of ATVI80D:
LDiK36J.png

Under the harsh rays of Cygni X-3 C, Achievement found a new home on the DSSA Andromeda Calling, who is now on her way to her permanent station at Byeia Thoea CA-A d2.

r6iExpO.png

This was discussed with Olivia before implementing it

After lying dormant in the far reaches of the Abyss for more than a year, I am now, rather suitingly, returning to the bubble with Hope.
Whoever desires to bear Hope and carry it to new frontiers speaketh up now and we shall meet!

Sincerely,
Grey

Nothing came up yet, so i'd appreciate it. Have had it for long enough and i'd like it to change bearers more often anyhow =)

As a last resort, sure. Lore tour is at Riedquat this thursday then heading out. Give me a beep as to where and when to meet assuming no better options come up.

Hope has been handed over to CMDR ThudPucker at the first Waypoint of the Enigma Expedition, the Helix Nebula (CSI-21-22270).
May it accompany him on his travels and live on beyond!
Pictured: Hope trying to make a run for it on a 1.6G world.
I78eZWi.jpg

I am honored to report that I will be assuming temporary stewardship of Hope very soon so that it can accompany me, my crew, and the Spear of Bitter Mercy on a 200,000 + LY tour of 35+ DSSA Carriers lasting from 25 Oct 3306 until early March 3307. From there, who knows? I gather that I must not enter a system with a starport while carrying it, correct?

"They should be handed over from members of one expedition returning to the bubble to members of another expedition heading out from the bubble so that they will never return to the bubble." - Olivia Vespera

With the introduction of Fleet Carriers everything has changed so we might have to make it up as we go along. And with the trip you have planed for "Hope" I can't think of a better way to work it out.

Shamed to say I didn't have much of a trip for Hope, just out to the Zurara with the Drew Wagar Lore tour. Then I had a nice route planed back to the bubble but taking a Guardian Orb though Thargoid space may or may not be a bright idea in a DBX so there was only one thing left for me to do. Fly into the black hole at V404 CYGNI. It's was a bit anticlimactic but the soundtrack was fantastic.

Regretfully I have to give up Hope, real life once again is getting in the way.

Curse you reality!

Top Bottom