Distant Worlds II - who is up for it on PS4?

As I stated in my thread earlier today, there will be a dedicated team looking after the consoles. This is your opportunity to be involved in something huge.

Please use the main thread in the exploration sub-forum to state your intention to take part.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/383440-Distant-Worlds-II-Early-Announcement

BZH7Yae.png

This is quite a long way off but might be worth getting involved in.

It's too far off to make any promises, but I'm definitely interested!

I'm actually glad they are waiting for all the cool exploration updates before launching this event. Let's just hope that update goes way smoother than the 2.4 update did.

It's too far off to make any promises, but I'm definitely interested!

I’ve been with my other half for over ten years now and we’re still not married so I too don’t think I could commit to anything so far in the future but I would declare myself as an interested party.

However ED on the PS4 needs to become a lot mor stable for me to continue playing in the face of any meaningful opposition (Red Dead Redemption 2, I’m looking at you).

I think I'll go. By that time I'll have my exploraconda ready.

I have a related question. As I recall, the first expedition for the PS4 crowd was made "newbie friendly" so that a ship with a 20 LY jump range could easily participate. "Distant Worlds" sounds a little more hardcore. I've got a 50 LY jump range on my DBX, but I like being the 'odd duck' in a crowd, so I may build an Explorakeelback for the trip, which will likely have a 25-30 LY jump with engineering.

Also, what about pacing? Many of us only have an hour or two a day available for gameplay, somedays more, other days less.

I have a related question. As I recall, the first expedition for the PS4 crowd was made "newbie friendly" so that a ship with a 20 LY jump range could easily participate. "Distant Worlds" sounds a little more hardcore. I've got a 50 LY jump range on my DBX, but I like being the 'odd duck' in a crowd, so I may build an Explorakeelback for the trip, which will likely have a 25-30 LY jump with engineering.

Also, what about pacing? Many of us only have an hour or two a day available for gameplay, somedays more, other days less.

Assuming your fsd has been engineered, the python has the same size fsd. Installing your dbx's fsd in to a python will give you more range and slots. One will need a minimum of six slots to make the trip worthwhile. DDS, ADS, 3d gen, 4h hanger in case one gets stuck during an outing, a 6a fuel scoop and a 61 afmu. Using an engineered fsd from your dbx will be a real asset to extending the range. Yes, one can do it in a Sidewinder, but in reality, who's gonna do it.

From what I've seen and read, having at least on srv is almost mandatory, I'm bringing two, just is case. The conda is best, but if one is short on cash, the python is the next alternative. And the cost is two thirds less.

I'm taking my python and have a sidewinder in drydock at my departure point. I'm not going to make the long arduious trip back. Having more than enough funds. I'll simply get killed and at the rebuy screen, choose my sidewinder to respawn in. Which places you back in the bubble instantly. Yes there will be a bit of grinding to replace the funds I lost when getting killed, but compared to the time line and the humdrum of a conventional return to the bubble. I can make that back long before anyone else gets half way back. Buying a python from with a 15 percent discount makes it a lot cheaper and less of a loss to recupe. I buy everything in a one stop shopping experience at jameson memorial. Sure I loose 5 percent, but everything is available at one place, thus no galivanting around trying to find the items I want. Thus if time is worth anything, I've saved more than the 5 percent.

Plus there's room for my Holographic Hooker. I mean it's gonna be a long ride, and a man can't live on bread and water alone for days, weeks at a time. IF you know what I mean.

Top Bottom