COMPLETED CG Distant Worlds Resource Initiative (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
:cool:
Well, you have a few options.

* You can go mining winged with a security detail, there's a decent number of combat-capable ships out here.
* You can mine in another system. Anecdotally NPC pirates are only spawning within a few LY of the Anchorage. Probably want to test that with a high-wake destination ready to go.
* You can mine in the low-rez sites that were added and stick close to the police until the NPCs leave.
* You can play a support role of some kind. If you have a lot of cargo space, ferrying limpets from the station to friends in mining systems could be useful. Or hull-ratting.
* And of course if none of those options appeal to you, you can always sit out the CG. But you apparently did pretty well with the last CG, so whatever you did then probably works now too.

Ahhhh, but. I didn't need to SuperCruise - I was just lancing the asteroids in the ring the station was in using a custom built python shipped out from the bubble. Excellent suggestions though. I did transfer the pulse wave scanner before leaving so if the CG registration option ever comes up properly I may consider that and just wing it against the interdictions when I return to base. Thanks.

:cool:
There are a number of special properties of detention centres that mean they work much better when not in an otherwise occupied system - every single detention centre is in its own system. (Among other things, it means they're easier to isolate from the effects of the BGS, can have a security level to discourage fighting in the detention system itself, and the systems can otherwise count as unoccupied.)
Kind of what I was hinting at ... if the station didn't formally exist until the entire station was completed and the system was governed instead by the presence of a Detention Centre ... then the BGS would not generate pirates 26KLY from the bubble. Everything else you mention would still work by default (I presume - it's been decades since I last did any coding)

:x
You complain - wrongly, in my opinion - about the Detention Centre being there for DG2, and now you want a way for every ganker in the galaxy to be able to transfer their 10LY-ranged combat boat to Sag A*? :)
Thank you for your opinion. It was tongue in cheek, sarcastic and rather dark observational humour; not a complaint. I have been making good use of the repair facilities and factors.

:x
Also, it's not as if this CG hasn't been advertised two months ahead as "a mining CG at Sag A*" - and the outfitting allows any ship to be refitted for mining purposes, with many common exploration hulls making excellent miners. If you want a CG with bubble-quality facilities and convenience ... do them in the bubble?
As you may already have gathered from the other comment I have taken time to reply to - CG mining is not a problem for me. Combat is. For this reason I was looking forward to engaging in combat free mining once we had got away from the influences of the bubble.

:D
An ice mining CG inaccessible in Scotland. It's rather galling.
I resemble that remark

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Commanders, the mission board at Explorer's Anchorage is now fully functional, and all Commanders should now be able to sign up for this week's CGs. Thank you for your patience!

Does a Coriolis.io build exist for a mining Krait Phantom? Having never mined before, I’m clueless.

something like https://s.orbis.zone/2ey8 could work. The distributor isn't quite enough for the lasers, but that's the best that's available at explorer's atm according to eddb, and I assume any existing exploration distributor is even worse. As long as you have cargo, refinery, a prospector limpet controller and collectors, along with some mining lasers, you'll be able to mine. Remember to stock up on limpets before leaving the station. Take a surface scanner if you haven't mapped the bauxite hotspot yet.

Last edited:
something like https://s.orbis.zone/2ey8 could work. The distributor isn't quite enough for the lasers, but that's the best that's available at explorer's atm according to eddb, and I assume any existing exploration distributor is even worse. As long as you have cargo, refinery, a prospector limpet controller and collectors, along with some mining lasers, you'll be able to mine. Remember to stock up on limpets before leaving the station. Take a surface scanner if you haven't mapped the bauxite hotspot yet.

Thank you!

And remember to take limpets! I normally fill half of my bay or more, you can always Dump them if you need to. I use enough collector controllers to keep 9 limpets going at a time, so you get through them. On a phantom I imagine you'll want 4 or 5 going at a time

And you only really need one material here, so get the smallest refinery you can and put everything but bauxite on ignore

Last edited:
Take a surface scanner if you haven't mapped the bauxite hotspot yet.

I'd already mapped it but when I went back without a DSS the mapping had gone for some reason.

edit: putting the DSS back on makes the mapping reappear.

Last edited:
Does a Coriolis.io build exist for a mining Krait Phantom? Having never mined before, I’m clueless.

Given the limited outfitting, a build recipe isn't so useful since you'll be limited by what's currently in the ship you have. For instance, it's likely you already have a better power plant than anything available to buy. But since the resources we need are available by laser mining, all you really need is mining lasers, collector and prospector limpet controllers, a refinery, and cargo space. Don't forget to stock up on limpets at the station!

If you want to go deeper than that, there's of course a ton of mining tutorials out there.

Rocky for Bauxite, Icy for Water/Oxygen.

I've tried both. My first thought was that an icy ring would be best because there are two commodities to collect there. But in a rocky ring I found bauxite is very common and I seemed to fill the hold quicker. Anyone else tried both?

I've tried both. My first thought was that an icy ring would be best because there are two commodities to collect there. But in a rocky ring I found bauxite is very common and I seemed to fill the hold quicker. Anyone else tried both?

I started collecting LOX & water - it was slow with no luck finding high % snowballs -now have been mining bauxite and 40-55% rocks are reasonably easy to find, about an hour (or so) netts me over 200t, and only 1 jump from the station. Only been interdicted (attempts) 3 times so far :)

When I logged out there were over 1000 registered and over 300k handed in (of which 670 was me).

Last edited:
I started collecting LOX & water - it was slow with no luck finding high % snowballs -now have been mining bauxite and 40-55% rocks are reasonably easy to find, about an hour (or so) netts me over 200t, and only 1 jump from the station.

Agreed - I went ice mining yesterday and actually ran out of limpets before filling my hold - max % was only in the 20s. Will try rocky today [up]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom