[Distant Worlds]Wasp Radio (A distant worlds focused radio)

WaspRadio

When CMDR Olivia Vespera grew bored pretending she had magic powers by controlling Volkhab Drones with gestures, She hacked together a spare Biomorphic Companion to the redundant Long Range Communications System.

Thus WaspRadio was born to play music about travel, exploration and loneliness.

"I wanted a radio station catered for us out here in the Black;
to keep us alert, safe, and most definitely, entertained."

Current Issues:
She is currently looking for DJs with better taste than hers to help manage the radio playlist and song suggestions that you DWE explorers wish to hear (non DWE members can also suggest). She is also looking for audio content from content creators to supplement the regular stream of music.
One of her favourite songs is In the Black by Marian Call

Radio Link:
http://waspradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm
https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/waspradio/index you can get a few other listening options here

OOC:
Hi guys, i created this radio as said for this purpose. Radio Sidewinder, Lave Radio and Hutton Orbital Radio are nice but isn't enough. This is especially for us out here in the black. All 1024 of us. This is my love letter to all you crazy people who decided to come on this. I hope that this becomes a hit after DWE and becomes the choice radio for explorers. Let me know what songs work and what don't.

If you like the radio, please share it to your friends! :)

Hhhmm... I seem to remember this conversation from yesterday - I approve!

Z...

Should definetely get some more space songs in here~
<song suggestions>
If I think of some more, I'll definitely request them : D
Oooh~ maybe we should get some more OST pieces in too! (Hearing Fallout music just made me want more OST stuff)
<some songs>
And not to forget~
<more songs>

Hhhmm... I seem to remember this conversation from yesterday - I approve!

Z...
Cheers.
I added what i could. But there are quite a bit of noticeable gaps in Radionomy's library.
I'll need to check my own library.
Yes I find that most things that I suggest, i end up being the one doing them. :p Setting up a radio is actually quite easy. Still looking for DJs

Last edited:
I see AC/DC in the recent playlist. All signs point to: yay!

More Bowie! :D

Less James Blunt!

AC/DC is always welcome, as is Bowie, of course!

I'd like to throw some Infected Mushroom into the mix. Heavyweight, Artillery are good for starters.

AC/DC should include Back in Black, Shoot to Thrill, Thunderstruck.. And, of course, Highway to Hell...

Oh - Queen - I want it all.

Pink FLoyd - Learning to Fly, The Turning Away & Run like hell

Now, I need to try and find some more obscure ones...

Z...

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Yes I find that most things that I suggest, i end up being the one doing them. :p Setting up a radio is actually quite easy. Still looking for DJs

My schedule is too varied to be a DJ - I perhaps do pre-recorded announcements, though not so sure that I have a "radio" voice...

Z...

Last edited:
Chicane - One Thousand Suns
Royksopp - Running To The Sea
Mansun - Wide Open Space
Leaves Eyes - Fading Earth
Within Temptation - Faster
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

Thing is, I could run through my playlist but not everyone has the same tastes in music.

Last edited:
This is just so cool Olivia! Repped!
My wish for addendum to playlist:

"Sigmund Groven - Svalbard Theme" For the times when I'm spinning circles on iceworlds looking for jumponium :D

Fish - 13th Star
Fish - Dark Star
Goldfrapp - Road to Somewhere
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Peter Gabriel - Games without Frontiers
Slade - The Shape of things to come.
Portisheas -Wandering Star
Public Service Broadcasting - Go!
Steve Hackett - Star of Sirius
Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
The Black Keys - little Black Submarines
The Goodies - I'm a Teapot
Beth Gibbons - Sand River
Genesis - Happy the Man
Hawkwind- Master of the Universe
KY Tunstall - Beauty of Uncertainty

Any Bowie will do as well.

One of those isn't entirely sirius.....

This is just so cool Olivia! Repped!
My wish for addendum to playlist:

"Sigmund Groven - Svalbard Theme" For the times when I'm spinning circles on iceworlds looking for jumponium :D

I'd like to humbly request the McCreary version of All Along the Watchtower. :)

Added from those suggested and requested above, although not all are available in the Radionomy Library.

+1 for Röyksopp :D
Here's their soundcloud.

Added :)

Ow, I'll definitely think of something!

By the way, a few weeks ago, someone wanted to do the same on another forum, so I drew this in my spare time :

KeLg2LI.jpg

Coincidences, right? n_n

Little suggestion on my part : the Starbound OST has some music that fit Elite very well when it comes down to exploration.

@Olivia : I'll send you a link via PM when I'm done uploading the MP3. Radio Sidewinder has been using these tracks for quite some times, along other games' OST, so I don't think you'd have any problems with copyright infringement (always worth it to double-check though).

Last edited:
Amazing Idea! I got some requests:

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Silent Running and Hydroponic Garden
Bowie - Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust for sure
Elton John - Rocket man
Firefly theme - You Can't Take The Sky From Me
Radiohead - Black Star and Planet Telex
Portishead - Wandering Star, Chase the Tear, Mysterons, It's a Fire
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, Learning To Fly
Foo Fighters - Walking After You
Hawkwind - Masters of the universe
Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
Led zeppelin - Kashmir, No Quarter
the teddybears - rocket scientist
Air - Kelly watch the stars, Surfin on a rocket, all I need
Steve miller band - the joker
The Handsome Family - Far from any road

Last edited:
Ow, I'll definitely think of something!

By the way, a few weeks ago, someone wanted to do the same on another forum, so I drew this in my spare time :

Well they seem quite organised. Is there a thread which lists all the elite dangerous radio stations? can we have a guild? Can you add mine to it?

Well they seem quite organised. Is there a thread which lists all the elite dangerous radio stations? can we have a guild? Can you add mine to it?

I haven't heard from the man since then, so nothing's up over there... This sketch was only my (basic) ideas, which they never saw, so they might as well be yours n_n
I think I can handle some blues/folk, rock, synthwave or electronic/ambient playlists.

AFAIK, the only actual ED radio station is Radio Sidewinder (http://www.radiosidewinder.com/) ; I found a french radio (http://www.radiosidewinder.com/), but nothing much anyway.

Making you a long rock playlist, might finish it in a couple days........................................ And what this playlist would need is HAWKWIND! :p

Last edited:
I haven't heard from the man since then, so nothing's up over there... This sketch was only my (basic) ideas, which they never saw, so they might as well be yours n_n
I think I can handle some blues/folk, rock, synthwave or electronic/ambient playlists.

AFAIK, the only actual ED radio station is Radio Sidewinder (http://www.radiosidewinder.com/) ; I found a french radio (http://www.radiosidewinder.com/), but nothing much anyway.

Making you a long rock playlist, might finish it in a couple days........................................ And what this playlist would need is HAWKWIND! :p

hmm..Would you like to be a DJ and make it on the radio? :)

Top Bottom