General Gameplay Ditches and Moats:

Your Feature Request / Idea
I hope we could build ditches and moats in the future. Mainly to fortify certain buildings from a rampaging dinosaur and to prevent dinosaurs from escaping. It would also help my dreams of building a park that resembles a Fortress.

I mainly got the idea after thinking about Roman Fortresses and how they were fortified with walls and ditches.
Castrum_Biriciana_-_Reconstruction.png

Depiction of a Roman Castrum.

I really would like to build a Security Outpost/Fortress surrounded by walls and ditches in one of my parks when I get the game.

I take your example, and raise it... with a piece of my childhood...

latest

Whenever I think of moats in Jurassic Park, it's this image that comes up... a deep concrete moat sandwiched between a short wall for guests to lean on and a short fence as additional deterrent from escape... yeah, this is what I want to see.

I included this in my previous suggestion of enclosure updates https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/450943-Enclosure-ideas-for-variety. But one comment I received was that with moats in place now dinosaurs for sure wouldn't be able to escape. So it got me thinking that it beats the purpose of the game if you added it in. I'd still welcome it tbh but I just couldn't justify it's inclusion to balance out how dinosaurs are gonna escape. hehe
How is an unbreakable fence defeating the purpose of the game? And even if it does, who cares? Frankly I'd take an additional, unique form of fencing that adds to the diversity of our park infrastructure and is also unbreakable over sticking with what we currently got any day...

Top Bottom