Powerplay DIY Powerplay Focused Feedback: Powers and how they affect the Galaxy, Powerplay ranking needed?

Right now we've got 11 Powers: 2 feds, 4 imperials, 1 for the Alliance and some independent Powers.

This feels very unbalanced and I think that the Federation and the Alliance should have 4 too (the GalNet mentioned some interesting characters that could become Powers themselves): Superpowers are pretty big and that would be a good way to make it clear.

I would like to have maybe even more Powers, especially when the lore offers something new that could become interesting (like INRA as I mentioned in other threads), with dedicated and unique bonuses.

To make this possible a Power should be able to collapse at some point: collapse is something very tricky because could become a double-edged sword, so it should be extremely difficult to collapse a Power, but not impossible.

Another thing that I personally do not like is how allied Powers cannot attack each other: Powers may be on the same side theoretically, but they are clearly competing for more influence, so that thing should change too.

EDIT

Almost forgot! Ranking! Please no more "top 3" thing: let's players stay focused on their Power and their surroundings. :p

Last edited:
Remove the PP leaderboard or update it to actually represent positive actions, profitable systems vs total number of systems or anything else for that matter, just not as it is rewarding negative and loss making expansions.

Remove the PP leaderboard or update it to actually represent positive actions, profitable systems vs total number of systems or anything else for that matter, just not as it is rewarding negative and loss making expansions.
Well, something similar could stay (even better, a list with some important data like: total income the last cycle, total population, etc), but I'd mostly delete the bonuses for the top 3 Powers. As I said, Powerplay should be something that a player choose for "background reasons" mostly.

Top Bottom