Hardware & Technical DIY X52 Pro + Chair mod

After playing the alpha on my battlestation below:

IMAG15851_zps294728f7.jpg

My wrists were aching from being on the controls at an odd angle, so I decided to do a bit of a bodge/ghetto mod on my chair.

I have a fairly bog standard office chair with arms like this:

IMAG1598_zps9fe57184.jpg

So I thought there had to be something I could get to mount my X52 onto the arms... so I bought two of these:

IMAG1588_zps4ac0d451.jpg

They are pole mounting VESA brackets and were about £15 or so each.

I also bought some really strong velcro as I didn't want to end up smashing my X52 with screws and fastenings. This is a perfectly safe, non warranty voiding activity :)

Velcro chopping:
IMAG1593_zpsdba96fed.jpg

Velcro applied to the mount:
IMAG1595_zps6dd1e330.jpg

Velcro applied to bottom of the throttle unit:
IMAG1597_zps5f02646a.jpg

Undoing the main bracket and doing it up around the arm of the chair:
IMAG1600_zpsafb6d111.jpg

These brackets are adjustable through X and Y with a supplied spanner so I have to ensure that it is at the right angle.

Tightened into position:
IMAG1602_zps0812a36d.jpg

Repeat as the stick and throttle are the same size at the base:

IMAG1603_zps771722ee.jpg

The PS2 tether lead is fed under the chair as its just about long enough:
IMAG1604_zps1d62d03b.jpg

Win! :D
IMAG1613_zpsacb760c7.jpg

and hopefully no more arm ache..

Shopping list:

VESA Mounts
X52 Pro
Heavy Duty Velcro

Last edited:

illu Minti

Deadly, But very fluffy...
That is getting my rep for the day! that is genius, am seriously gonna look into doing the same thing and copy you, great job mate.....oh Black Sheep...NICE! :D

Bloody lovely but it work there. I will be following your leaf on this on and make myself one of these in the next week or so.

Great job!!!

A very nice solution to the problem. I went in a different more complete direction, but this one is much more viable. I'd thought of investigating such a solution but didn't do anything.

Last edited:
Thats a great idea. Hey what are the dimensions on those chair arms?? I think I might try that as well!!!

The arms on this particular chair are 7cm wide and 2cm deep - this is about their widest point.

The mounts can take a width of about 9cm between the fastening bolts.

Top Bottom