Hardware & Technical DIY X52 Pro + Chair mod

How stable are they? This looks good but it would irritate me if there was any give in the movement or woggling around.

Gosh aye. The weak points are the chair or the Velcro I'd imagine though.

If your joystick is our of warranty you could drill holes through the bottom of the thing and bolt the joystick to the brackets.

But having used strong velcro in the past I'd be surprised if it moves much in any case unless your being overly rough with the thing.

How stable are they? This looks good but it would irritate me if there was any give in the movement or woggling around.

The brackets come with a spanner and Allen key so your strength determines how tight it all is. I used a drill with an Allen key bit to tighten the bracket to the chair and it didn't move last night after a good session. The x and y are adjustable via the spanner. The locking nut will resist a lot of torque once you have it in place.

Superb

I have to say this is a very very good idea. I shall also be shamelessly copying you.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
It's been a day. How well does it work for you? Do you find your elbows hit the seat back, or other mis fit problems?

Aye the only thing I had to adjust was move the joystick about an inch forward for when pulling up. Apart from that it was rock solid.

Very clever... But how do you reach your keyboard now (Or more importantly the beer on your desk)? Surely those controllers are in the way?

Very clever... But how do you reach your keyboard now (Or more importantly the beer on your desk)? Surely those controllers are in the way?

I'm not using the keyboard during flight but I see what you mean. If its needed during flight, its only a shuffle forward to reach it (and the beer) or even have it in my lap.

I am looking at a bolt on keyboard tray that would come out on rails into my lap rather than have something else on my chair, so watch this space :)

Other than 'THAT'S AWESOME! Why didn't I think of that?' all I can say is that room and desk is far too tidy to be a proper play pen - err... study.

Top Bottom