DLC Ideas that could cover the future of Planet Zoo and theoretical possibilities depending on how long Planet Zoo will continue

I'm fine with domestic animals conceptually but there would be riots if it were included and we're indeed only getting four more packs.

Something I've thought for a while but not fully articulated is also that, for both aviaries and aquariums, I have a sense of "commit fully to it or don't do it at all". The real appeal of aviaries in real-life zoos is to have walkthrough buildings with dozens of species. An aquarium pack, unless it were meant to be a Seaworld-style focus only on large marine mammals, would also feel fundamentally incomplete if you only had four or even eight different fish. If Frontier can't do small flying birds right, I'd rather they be saved for a hypothetical PZ2 (or for the next zoo simulator game to take a crack at).

The least-bad solution for both more proper bird representation and not having to risk a "hollow" aviary system is just to add a lot of birds that don't need aviaries. Starters would be the three that score highly on the meta-wishlist (secretary bird, emu, grey crowned crane)
I'm not convinced there are only 4 packs left. I get that support won't last forever, but there is so much to explore with PZ I think it will remain profitable to support and expand for a long time to come.

And yes, agreed on your points for aviaries and aquariums.

I have made a few changes, adding the Saddle Billed Stork, Great Hornbill, Ruppell's Griffon Vulture and Peregrine Falcon
1642451318344.png

Here are some DLC concepts I have made, I have not made an Aviary Pack concept, but I have done concepts for 7 more potential DLCs that flesh out a few regions and revisits a few diverse locations to add a few more interesting and popular animals, these are in chronological order if Planet Zoo decides to continue through 2022 and 2023, I really hope so, the possibilities are endless for this game.
View attachment 282550
Animals: Amur Leopard, Bukharan Markhor, Sloth Bear, Przewalski's Horse, Red Crowned Crane, Sichuan Takin, Pallas's Cat, King Cobra

View attachment 282551
Animals: Eastern Black Rhinoceros, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Cotton Top Tamarin, Sumatran Tiger, Chinese Giant Salamander

View attachment 282552
Animals: Northern White Cheeked Gibbon, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Linnaeus's Two Toed Sloth, Fishing Cat, Fossa, Black Capped Squirrel Monkey, Gaur, Panther Chameleon
Alternative: Squirrel Monkey swapped to False Gharial
View attachment 282557

View attachment 282553
Animals: Capybara, Maned Wolf, Brazilian Ocelot, Andean Bear, South American Coati, Golden Lion Tamarin, Red Legged Seriema (descendant of the Terror Birds of the Pleistocene), Green Anaconda

View attachment 282554
Animals: Short Beaked Echidna, Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat, Tasmanian Devil, Frilled Neck Lizard, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Emu, Platypus, Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby
Alternative: Rock Wallaby swapped for North Island Brown Kiwi
View attachment 282558

View attachment 282555
Animals: Caracal, Gelada, Honey Badger, Secretary Bird, Red River Hog, African Crested Porcupine, Dromedary Camel, Black Mamba

View attachment 282556
Animals: Siamang, Geoffroy's Spider Monkey, Hamadryas Baboon, Black Howler Monkey, Mantled Guereza, Aye-Aye, Coquerel's Sifaka, Pygmy Marmoset

What do you think of these animal selections
10 of 56 proposed when we got 27 this year.
So roughly 1/3 are coverd, well done

Here are some DLC concepts I have made, I have not made an Aviary Pack concept, but I have done concepts for 7 more potential DLCs that flesh out a few regions and revisits a few diverse locations to add a few more interesting and popular animals, these are in chronological order if Planet Zoo decides to continue through 2022 and 2023, I really hope so, the possibilities are endless for this game.
View attachment 282550
Animals: Amur Leopard, Bukharan Markhor, Sloth Bear, Przewalski's Horse, Red Crowned Crane, Sichuan Takin, Pallas's Cat, King Cobra

View attachment 282551
Animals: Eastern Black Rhinoceros, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Cotton Top Tamarin, Sumatran Tiger, Chinese Giant Salamander

View attachment 282552
Animals: Northern White Cheeked Gibbon, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Linnaeus's Two Toed Sloth, Fishing Cat, Fossa, Black Capped Squirrel Monkey, Gaur, Panther Chameleon
Alternative: Squirrel Monkey swapped to False Gharial
View attachment 282557

View attachment 282553
Animals: Capybara, Maned Wolf, Brazilian Ocelot, Andean Bear, South American Coati, Golden Lion Tamarin, Red Legged Seriema (descendant of the Terror Birds of the Pleistocene), Green Anaconda

View attachment 282554
Animals: Short Beaked Echidna, Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat, Tasmanian Devil, Frilled Neck Lizard, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Emu, Platypus, Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby
Alternative: Rock Wallaby swapped for North Island Brown Kiwi
View attachment 282558

View attachment 282555
Animals: Caracal, Gelada, Honey Badger, Secretary Bird, Red River Hog, African Crested Porcupine, Dromedary Camel, Black Mamba

View attachment 282556
Animals: Siamang, Geoffroy's Spider Monkey, Hamadryas Baboon, Black Howler Monkey, Mantled Guereza, Aye-Aye, Coquerel's Sifaka, Pygmy Marmoset

What do you think of these animal selections
Nice ideas.

If planet zoo wants continued support for many more years than they should simply add the possibility to create custom aviary's and aquariums, and that's basically it to give them a lot more years to come. Give us flying birds, fishes and perhaps fully aquatic mammals too.

Top Bottom