DLC18 discussion and predictions

Despite all the negative reviews here on the forum the Arid animal pack is still one of my favorite packs ever. It’s highly focused on conservation which should be the main reason of zoo’s existence and the region that was very neglected before.
I’m super happy with all the animal choices they’ve made even if they might look not so great to the others. It feels like they’ve wanted to make a Sahara pack but they’ve just chosen the other name for it in the end.
The one thing I don’t understand why you guys just can’t get over it already? It’s there and it won’t change.

Hard to talk about the games last few dlc being dissappointing and not mentioning the worst offender. Would be disingenious.
Afterall when tracing back the whole no baboon track we got a very clear, very obvious pack that should have deliverd. But we got another rhino so we should just get over it, afterall our choice in rhinos covers now all rhinos kept in zoos, we should be thankfull.

Hard to talk about the games last few dlc being dissappointing and not mentioning the worst offender. Would be disingenious.
Afterall when tracing back the whole no baboon track we got a very clear, very obvious pack that should have deliverd. But we got another rhino so we should just get over it, afterall our choice in rhinos covers now all rhinos kept in zoos, we should be thankfull.
To me the rhino was similar to the wisent in the sense that it should've been an anniversary animal. But i'm very happy with it's inclusion and it was one of my most wanted animals at the time. I can deal with no spectacled bear in the final roster, but not having the black rhino, a very iconic, endangered animal missing from the game would make it feel very incomplete.

The only pack recently I feel was disappointing was the Arid pack, the others really weren't that bad for what they were.
Tropical sure COULD'VE been an animal pack and gave us a couple SA animals, but we got 4 animals that were highly requested, a scenery & foliage set that is really useful, an improved brachiation system to go along with a new and improved gibbon.
Oceania was almost perfect. People complain the tree roo wasn't included but it could've been a lot of work and like we discussed earlier it could've been considered but changed to the Quokka due to time or mechanism troubles. 2 of the most highly wanted animals, 2 birds, a new WTE animal providing more options for the WTE, and a pretty good foliage set. I'll admit construction set wasn't really my cup of tea but doesn't mean its not useful to others.
Eurasia also delivered a few more highly wanted animals, the SWAN probably the best animal of the year, and finished off Europe with its iconic animals.
Barnyard yes could use some better choices but it still achieves its purpose, that being to make it possible to build petting zoos.

Do I personally enjoy these past DLCs more than the 2022 packs? No, but that doesn't automatically make them disappointing. They just appeal to more specific audiences than the 2022 ones.

Just give me a baboon and I'll be happy, I've waited a whole year after when we should've got it. Please frontier please.
1719965800616.png

When will Planet Zoo 2 be announced, do you have any ideas?
The only point of reference we have is planet coaster, planet coaster 2 is rumored/leaked to come out at the end of the year, so pretty much 5 years after support ended (although take that with a grain of salt as thats not officially confirmed and could still turn out as a hoax or something)
So id assume it would be similar for Planet Zoo 2.

i want markhor, bush dog, coatimundi and rock hyrax because they are in a zoo that i've visited before stone ham zoooooooooo!
1719982095257.png
1719982103316.png

1719982129751.png
1719982178864.png

1719982212956.png

look them in the eyes and tell me you dont want them, plus im not gonna lie stone ham does an amazing job with making their animal exhibits realistic especially using that rocky hill for markhor and mexican wolf. jaguar space is devastating they need more room

Last edited:
Ngl im very afraid of the next dlc :D
Same tbh, the weekend before the last DLC announcement I went to a zoo with my boyfriend and got all excited telling him about the possibilities when we walked past animals like pelicans & the secretary bird, just to get slapped in the face a few days later with the barnyard animal pack :ROFLMAO:

I genuinely don't understand the want for the Andean Bear...
We already have most of the bears in the world. The panda is also more unique than the Andean Bear.
Also, if it is anyone's favorite zoo animal then I could see why you would want it. But, I don't think any one is too passionate about the bear, people want it just because everyone else wants it.
i want markhor, bush dog, coatimundi and rock hyrax because they are in a zoo that i've visited before stone ham zoooooooooo!
View attachment 396332View attachment 396333
View attachment 396334View attachment 396335
View attachment 396336
look them in the eyes and tell me you dont want them, plus im not gonna lie stone ham does an amazing job with making their animal exhibits realistic especially using that rocky hill for markhor and mexican wolf. jaguar space is devastating they need more room
I want all of them! Except the most likely one the Markhor... Even IF we get the coati it will be the SA Coati... Not the one I have seen irl...
I hope for white-nosed coati instead.

We already have most of the bears in the world. The panda is also more unique than the Andean Bear.
Also, if it is anyone's favorite zoo animal then I could see why you would want it. But, I don't think any one is too passionate about the bear, people want it just because everyone else wants it.

I want all of them! Except the most likely one the Markhor... Even IF we get the coati it will be the SA Coati... Not the one I have seen irl...
Well i could and have write a long post about why the spectacle bear is propaply the coolest bear on the planet but to keep it short:
  • last short faced bear
  • omnivore with over 90% plants in its diet
  • unique face markings
  • large biome variety from tropical cloud forests, alpine glacier edges, hot and cold deserts and anything in between
  • most arboreal bear
  • nothing remotly similar in south america
  • most rappidly rising in captivity numbers during the last 20 years, replacing many brown and black bears in especally europe

Last edited:

They’re quite common in zoos, especially in the UK.
They’re Paddington who’s the cutest bear.
They live in an underrepresented habitat in Planet Zoo.
They live in an underrepresented continent.
They fit in most of the widely circulated dlc ideas as a relatively easy animal to make.
They’re cool and cute.

Back
Top Bottom