DLC18 discussion and predictions

Before we state that this is the last DLC, let's also keep in mind that 1 more DLC was produced and released for PlanCo after PlanZo was released. Granted that was 1 time, but it could happen again. This particular DLC is gonna release before PlanCo 2, so there's a possibility that we'll get another after.
And of course, this may be the last in which I will vandalize Frontier's offices with sticky googly eyes because the gray fox wasn't added and neither were anymore South American animals
I think it's a bit dead for Gray Fox^^ But I'm pretty confident we'll have more animals for SA. I don' tsee why Frontier would please almost all of our other requested themes and just throw away the most wanted.

This is clearly going to be a Mountains DLC, I'm not sure why some people are insisting it's an Asia DLC. Sure, the Hamadryas Baboon is technically found in Asia, but just barely, and the majority of people associate it with Africa anyway.
It’s more likely to be highlands but the Chinese and Tibetan decoration on the cover art may suggest Asia just a little bit. Just as all Asian animals shown there.
Also there was no dlc dedicated entirely to the whole Asia or Asia only but still its more probable to be highlands.
If it will also contain tree kangaroo I would never understand why did they used Pallas cat for the cover art and not Roo.

Before we state that this is the last DLC, let's also keep in mind that 1 more DLC was produced and released for PlanCo after PlanZo was released. Granted that was 1 time, but it could happen again. This particular DLC is gonna release before PlanCo 2, so there's a possibility that we'll get another after.
And of course, this may be the last in which I will vandalize Frontier's offices with sticky googly eyes because the gray fox wasn't added and neither were anymore South American animals
Actually, DLC completely ended by Summer 2019 with the Ghostbusters Pack (which was ironically delisted this month during to the license expiring). That only bodes more reason for this Pack to be the last one.

It’s more likely to be highlands but the Chinese and Tibetan decoration on the cover art may suggest Asia just a little bit. Just as all Asian animals shown there.
Also there was no dlc dedicated entirely to the whole Asia or Asia only but still its more probable to be highlands.
If it will also contain tree kangaroo I would never understand why did they used Pallas cat for the cover art and not Roo.
All I can think about is Eurasia.

Cover art is the wisent, the first looks for the pack seemed to just be the wisent, takin, sloth bear, and Wolverine. Then boom they add the mute swan which had its own rig. Maybe the tree kangaroo is in this pack and will be the same thing? Not cover art animal, but there regardless? Likewise, maybe we could get another bird. Could be the same thing?

Actually, DLC completely ended by Summer 2019 with the Ghostbusters Pack (which was ironically delisted this month during to the license expiring). That only bodes more reason for this Pack to be the last one.
Dang, I thought it came after PlanZo release. Oh well, whatever. We'll see then
Adjusted flamingo rig buddy :p It has a few new animations, but it's for 90% the flamingo.
I could've sworn the swan was a capuchin rig, but hey, you learn something new every day

I could've sworn the swan was a capuchin rig, but hey, you learn something new every day
Lol, I was mostly referring to what people think are "new rigs" are more often than not existing rigs that were adjusted and got a few new animations. Once you make the click and are able to spot those the whole "x amount of new rigs per DLC" makes absolutely zero sense.
We should stop talking about "new rigs" and say instead "new shape" since at this point Frontier has enough rigs to modify and adapt for basically any new animal.
I'd say "new shape" is an even worse way to describe it hahaha. But yes, at this point in time, bar some very specific animals or some very specific types of animals (flying birds/fish); Frontier has all the behaviour sets and rigs to basically make any kind of animal.

The formula has been "Adjusted rig, reused + new behaviours, new animations for existing/adjusted behaviours" for years now, people just can't seem to shake the idea of seeing something that moves slightly different as something that is completely brand new and "requiring loads of effort". When in reality, they just work smart.

I don't think the Pallas cat as the headliner is surprising really, average person probably hasn't seen a tree roo before but they see fluffy meme cat and will get excited.
I was quite surprised to be honest. The baboon is the most demanded and most common zoo animal in my perspective. The markhor is more representative for mountains. The cat is cute however, and may draw in young players.

I was quite surprised to be honest. The baboon is the most demanded and most common zoo animal in my perspective. The markhor is more representative for mountains. The cat is cute however, and may draw in young players.
At this point you need to convince casual players to buy the dlc, not the players dedicated like us and buying dlc whatsoever they give to us.
Silly funky cat looks better in this way that a monkey.

Given the wording used in the livestream, I wouldn't expect a trailer for another week or 2
Yeah, I'm not expecting a trailer this week. But I think next week is reasonable. The week after could work too given how much shorter the gap between announcement and release was for Barnyard.

I think the pack is likely to release on the 15th or the 22nd.

It's not always the most demanded animal that serves as the headliner. It's usually a species that (a) most people are familiar with; (b) represents the pack theme well; and (c) is visually appealing. The lynx, raccoon, wisent, camel, chicken, beaver, and gibbon are all excellent examples of this. They weren't the most requested in their packs by a longshot but wound up representing said-pack in the key art. There's other species in each pack that are fully cuter and in much higher demand. But they went for the ones that holistically represent the theme, look cute, etc.

So from that context? The Pallas's cat makes a lot of sense as the main focus of the key art. The baboons are fun but, let's face it, they look a li'l creepy and intense up close. And if the theme is highlands? They aren't closely associated with that. The markhor isn't commonly known. And if the tree 'roo, spectacled bear, and/or rock hyrax are in the mix? They're super adorable... But your average person might not be familiar with them and/or associate them with the theme.

Given the wording used in the livestream, I wouldn't expect a trailer for another week or 2
If on the very slim chance it’s a zookeepers finale pack containing several themes at 3 animals per theme, they could tease each theme a week. But I agree, no trailer for a few weeks. Suspecting the comes out oct 15 at earliest, 29th at latest so not to interfere with PC2 release

So from that context? The Pallas's cat makes a lot of sense as the main focus of the key art. The baboons are fun but, let's face it, they look a li'l creepy and intense up close. And if the theme is highlands? They aren't closely associated with that. The markhor isn't commonly known. And if the tree 'roo, spectacled bear, and/or rock hyrax are in the mix? They're super adorable... But your average person might not be familiar with them and/or associate them with the theme.

To me the only other flagship animal could be a rodent if it's a marmot or a chinchilla cause they are quite popular on social network. Other mountain animals are not so much appealing for most people.

Back
Top Bottom