DLC’s are good and all... but

I love all the small pack DLCs we’ve had, I have purchased every single one. Some provide rides and scenery while others more recently are just rides. Then with TMTK it’s pretty much leaving the scenery to the community now...

But isn’t it time Planet Coaster had something that was really game changing? Not a daft £7.99 pack that has a small amount of things, but something more like a expansion where it would not only include new items and rides but completely change the gameplay as well. If we look back at RCT Wild or Soaked, they included new items and the overall gameplay changed too.

There’s a ton of stuff Frontier could make with this, they could change how management works, add in new environments, new themes, rides, scenery, peeps and staff. We could argue about getting a zoo expansion or indeed a water park one, I mean they aren’t impossible they got done years ago. However the likeyhood is that Frontier are going down the small pack road... we’ve seen this before with EA and the Sims 4. They release packs every so often but they also add in a expansion now and then, yeah it’s double the price of a game pack but it changes the game completely.

Personally I hope something big is coming in 2019 because I’m not sure how many more of these small DLCs I will buy before I get bored of it.. I mean if they keep firing out the ones that just include rides I’ll stop playing. There’s only so many rides you can fit in your pack before it becomes unplayable right?

Current DLCs are good as I said, It would just be good to get a game changer now... I mean it’s been out for 2 years.

Please give us something bigger!

How do you know they aren't supplying these "small packs" whilst working on something bigger in the background? Maybe, maybe not... We can only dream but yes it would be disappointing if until end of development this is how things are going to be done each time. 'They aren't impossible they got done years ago', that's not exactly how it works. And no, water parks aren't happening - they've told us that numerous times.

Making an expansion the size of soaked and wild from RCT3 would probably take them triple the amount of time than what it does with the current DLCs they are releasing. This means they'll be going longer without any DLC release and therefore not earning the normal amount of a DLC release every 3 months. They'd have to price the Expansion around triple the amount of the current prices of DLC (So you're looking at around £24) which I'm sure would put many people off. The £8 DLCs are affordable and people seem to like them.

And unfortunately, I don't think they have the resources anymore to change big management aspects of the game. I could be completely wrong here obviously, but I don't think we've seen a big management change to the game since the first anniversary update which was the staff management. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that)

There is always the possibility for Planco 2 ;)

Guys I'm not presuming to know anything or know what Frontier's intentions are. I'm merely expressing my views as a Planet Coaster player from Day 1 (Alpha). I know a water park DLC has been ruled out already but i stick by my guns when i say nothing is impossible. Fair enough maybe we wont see a water expansion ever for this game, but wasn't log flumes once a tricky area that the devs eventually got working? They didn't appear in the game until after it was released for the reason it had complications. So yeah i firmly believe nothing is impossible... Maybe from a business perspective its not in Frontiers interests to even try for a expansion of any kind, whether its zoo, water parks or something different entirely. Maybe the current method of pushing out smaller DLC's every so often is working best. If that's the case, in my own personal opinion, I'd like to see more of a variety. Yes there is a ton of rides they can still create for us in these packs but there is also a ton of themes, scenery, shops or new ideas they could put out as well. Don't get me wrong as i said in my opening post, I've purchased every pack so far because i genuinely do like the content and also want to support my favourite game. However i do also believe that Frontier could make the packs even better by exploring different avenues instead of what we have been getting recently which is just rides really. Or indeed as someone pointed out they might be working on something big whilst giving us these DLC packs every three months... Who knows.

Bottom line is we all have a different play style... Some people want more scenery, some want themes, expansions and some people like me just want a game changer instead of "more of the same" which is what these packs have been lately... Good, but more of the same.

This isn't a bash at Frontier at all, i love them. It's just me having the chance to express my thoughts and see if its just me alone or if other players feel the same.

I would like to see water parks myself, and I'd like to see a management rework/update as well as updates to the current scenarios. But my expectations are low with updates for the game now, and I really don't see any of this coming. I think they are going to stick with the current cycle of DLCs until development ends on the game. And if that is the case, I'll happily carry on buying them, as I do still enjoy the game. Not sure about the scenery packs, as the last one was a huge disappointment for me, but ride ones are a definite purchase :)

Yes I think Frontier should stick with just doing all Rides DLC's they are well done. I myself enjoy playing Planet Coaster.

Making an expansion the size of soaked and wild from RCT3 would probably take them triple the amount of time than what it does with the current DLCs they are releasing. This means they'll be going longer without any DLC release and therefore not earning the normal amount of a DLC release every 3 months. They'd have to price the Expansion around triple the amount of the current prices of DLC (So you're looking at around £24) which I'm sure would put many people off. The £8 DLCs are affordable and people seem to like them.
There is always the possibility for Planco 2 ;)

Not sure where these time scales have come from, as I've said there's no reason why they can't be working on things simultaneously and we're not necessarily asking for soaked/wild expansion releases. It doesn't need to take 3 times as long so they charge 3 x the amount. 6-7 months for a £15 range update sounds completely reasonable but of course some significant management/gameplay ideas need to be implemented. The same game as it is now just with extra rides/scenery pieces isn't going to keep a number of us playing for years to come. As for 'Planco 2', let's not get ahead of ourselves...

I would rather have DLC’s. Waiting a year for an expansion would be too long, I want more ride DLC’s because there are many more rides they can add. I do hope though they could find a way for guests to swim and slide down water slides. Maybe start off with a dinghy slide because it’s like a coaster. Would any of the non ride attractions from RCT be possible?

Seeing how they got EVERY water ride (DROPS!) wrong, I can totally understand why they´re shying away from a waterpark expansion. And we all know it: such an expansion would totally kill fps.

I would rather have DLC’s. Waiting a year for an expansion would be too long, I want more ride DLC’s because there are many more rides they can add. I do hope though they could find a way for guests to swim and slide down water slides. Maybe start off with a dinghy slide because it’s like a coaster. Would any of the non ride attractions from RCT be possible?
Yes I prefer DLC’s as well. Waiting a year for a expansion would be to long. I hope Frontier will continue on doing more all rides DLC’s as there are so many more rides they could add to Planet Coaster.

That bobsled coaster, since they did that, they could do a dinghy slide like the one in RCT and have the riders ride on inflatable rafts as vehicles. It is a closed circuit ride like a coaster. Then at least we would have a working waterslide for now.

Not sure where these time scales have come from, as I've said there's no reason why they can't be working on things simultaneously and we're not necessarily asking for soaked/wild expansion releases. It doesn't need to take 3 times as long so they charge 3 x the amount. 6-7 months for a £15 range update sounds completely reasonable but of course some significant management/gameplay ideas need to be implemented. The same game as it is now just with extra rides/scenery pieces isn't going to keep a number of us playing for years to come. As for 'Planco 2', let's not get ahead of ourselves...
Well obviously it was just an estimate, but considering the time difference between RCT3 releasing and the first expansion releasing (Soaked) it was around 8 months. So assuming that it took 8 months to develop, If they were to ever release something of that size in Planet Coaster, I'm sure it would take longer than 8 months to make, which is why I said you'd be looking at a price of around £24 for something the size of the Soaked expansion.

Top Bottom