Do All Guardian Site Have Sentinels?

I just finished my first visit to a Guardian site to farm materials for the FSD booster. My question is this, do all of the Guardian sites have sentinels or just a select few? Thanks for the assist commanders ...o7!!

I just finished my first visit to a Guardian site to farm materials for the FSD booster. My question is this, do all of the Guardian sites have sentinels or just a select few? Thanks for the assist commanders ...o7!!

Guardian Structures do, Guardian Ancient Ruins do not.

thanks for the replies...just one more question, do the Guardian Sentinel re-spawn continuously or is there a certain amount of Sentinels at the structures? I ask because my skill at ground/driving/shooting/evading defies the laws of physics by sucking a blowing at the same time. Thanks again commanders...o7

There's a given number of sentinels for each site. They don't respawn. Unless of course if you relog and the site is reset.
Be sure to have your ship parked near the site and equiped with point defenses. They help alot with sentinel missiles.

Last edited:
Sentinels are also pretty poor at abstract thought. You can hide behind a bit of debris and they lose track of you. (IE avoid being shot that way by either missiles or the turnover bolts).

Here is some of my experience.

Use a ship which has the point defense on top. I used the cobra III which has the point defense only on the bottom, which did not help. The second time I used an ASP X.

Make sure that you park your ship not to close to one of the pylons. It happened to me and I could not get into the turret to shoot at the pylon (activate it) because the ship was to close. I could not shoot at the pylon from the SRV either because the gun was to low. In the end I had to dismiss my ship. Then I was able to activate the pylon. But now I could not recall my ship to help with the point defense. For that I would have to have a distance of 500m or so (I don't recall the correct distance) from the structure.

When I did this the first time and a sentinel attacked me, mostly from behind, I desperately tried to turn my SRV around and engage. Later when a Sentinel attacked me I activated the hand break, went into the turret, turned towards it and engaged. I found out that when I activated the hand break the turnover bolts can not flip me over so easily. Actually I don't remember if they ever did. PIP management is important too. 4-0-2 being attacked and 2-0-4 attacking.

Fly/land safe.

CMDR Steyla

Top Bottom