Do Damage Types effect Thargoids?

I know they need to be AX damage, the question is, do the different types of AX damage make a difference in how much damage they do?

For example, if you are using an AX multicannon, will it do bonus damage to their hull and less damage to their shields?

In the following link you can see the damage stats for all experimental weapons.

Thargoids have varying hull hardness, so higher-class Interceptors can best be killed with Gauss.
Pretty sure Thargoids have no resistances, only the hardness.

But maybe someone from AXI can help? @Katie Byrne ?

For example, if you are using an AX multicannon, will it do bonus damage to their hull and less damage to their shields?
You do not want to use AX multicannons to fight interceptors. You want to use gauss cannons and there really is not much of a choice.

Only gauss cannons have the armor piercing and precision to take on higher interceptor variants. Generally you also do not want to attack the shield as it decays by itself and staying in range requires the use of heat sinks. What you can do is to help the decay along using a thermal vent beam laser (many AX builds include one to help stating cold until you get into optimal gauss range) or ramming (not recommended for new AX pilots).

Killing a basilisk without any Guardian technology (ie, effectively by using AX multicannons) is one of the more difficult AXI challenge ranks. It is significantly more difficult than killing a hydra (with gauss cannons).

You do not want to use AX multicannons to fight interceptors. You want to use gauss cannons and there really is not much of a choice.

Only gauss cannons have the armor piercing and precision to take on higher interceptor variants. Generally you also do not want to attack the shield as it decays by itself and staying in range requires the use of heat sinks. What you can do is to help the decay along using a thermal vent beam laser (many AX builds include one to help stating cold until you get into optimal gauss range) or ramming (not recommended for new AX pilots).

Killing a basilisk without any Guardian technology (ie, effectively by using AX multicannons) is one of the more difficult AXI challenge ranks. It is significantly more difficult than killing a hydra (with gauss cannons).

Thanks for the advice, but I'm just looking for the mechanics. Do thermal AX weapons do more shield damage? Do Absolute AX weapons do less because thargoids don't have resistances to ignore? That sort of thing.

Thargoids attacks are absolute damage (they don't care of your resistances).
And you make them absolute damage too.
"Exception" is corrosive resistant hulls that lower the caustic effects if you're hit, but won't remove them until you use the known ways to do it (heat surge, decontamination drone, landing on a station).

Thargoids attacks are absolute damage (they don't care of your resistances).
And you make them absolute damage too.
"Exception" is corrosive resistant hulls that lower the caustic effects if you're hit, but won't remove them until you use the known ways to do it (heat surge, decontamination drone, landing on a station).

Then why are various thargoid weapons described as thermal or kinetic, rather than just as AX damage?

So just to be absolutely clear; AX Kinetic weapons DO NOT do bonus damage to hulls and less to shields? AX Thermal Weapons DO NOT do bonus damage to shields and less to hulls?

Against Thargoids, specifically.

Humans weapons have poor damage to thargoid ships
AX weapons have low effect on humans ships
The only bonus you can have are the +15% and +30% damage with synthesis for AX weapons

Humans weapons have poor damage to thargoid ships
AX weapons have low effect on humans ships
The only bonus you can have are the +15% and +30% damage with synthesis for AX weapons

Again, that's not what I mean. AX Weapons still have a damage type: Thermal, Kinetic, or Absolute. These damage types have bonuses when used against hull or shields. Does this take effect against THARGOID hull or shields.

Again, that's not what I mean. AX Weapons still have a damage type: Thermal, Kinetic, or Absolute. These damage types have bonuses when used against hull or shields. Does this take effect against THARGOID hull or shields.

Awesome! Perfectly answers my question, thank you very very much!

That also shows why I've been getting such nice results with Advanced missile racks; they are actually doing 40% more damage to hull than I anticipated.

Well, question answered, thanks everyone, thread closed.

Top Bottom