Do Guardian weapons + AX weapons still add up to <4

I know there are restrictions on Anti Xeno weapons of 4 per ship.
But can you mix 4 AX weapons AND additional guardian weapons?
Or is the restriction 4 or less guardian/AX weapons?

Yes mate, ax and guardian weapons all count towards the 4limit equally.

Get as many gauss cannons as you can without boiling your ship every time u fire is my advice.

o7

the Flak Cannons to destroy thargon swarms don't count towards the experimental limit though so if you can fit one into your build then I suggest you do so.

If you have access to it, I suggest gauss cannons as well.

do new multicannons that can fire both ax/regular rounds add to the limit as well?
No. You can have let's say 4 class 3 ax multicannon turrets on a T-10, then add 5 more fixed mount adv multicannons and synth ammo.
Ax weapons and guardian weapons count toward the 4 max limit. Adv multicannons do not.
I haven't tried it yet but you can upgrade and put experimental mods on the adv multicannons and then synth ammo for them. Interesting.
Please add to this or correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
No. You can have let's say 4 class 3 ax multicannon turrets on a T-10, then add 5 more fixed mount adv multicannons and synth ammo.
Ax weapons and guardian weapons count toward the 4 max limit. Adv multicannons do not.
I haven't tried it yet but you can upgrade and put experimental mods on the adv multicannons and then synth ammo for them. Interesting.
Please add to this or correct me if i'm wrong.
--

I did some testing last weekend and you are correct. I still have some more unlocks to do ( I unlocked the turreted guardian plasma's but they no good when I am alone. Weapon placement is too far and the turrets dont track)

But yea 4AX or Gaurdian. -- There does not seem to be a limit on the adv weapons.

When I get more information I will share as always!

I was thinking the same thing. They built the T-10 to fight Thargoids, with 9 friggen hard points..... yet I can only use 4? lol
Apart from the T10 being a very bad ship for thargoid combat overall lol. Way too slow, convergence is so bad you can't get it's high DPS into play effectively and shields are too weak to tank them.

Back 2 topic: I don't think it really matters much, as most AX ship builds wouldn't have any leftover slots for more weapons anyways. Besides more Gauss Cannons would also heat you up too much and the other weapons aren't really worth it.

Top Bottom