Do NOT buy for PC

After purchasing the game and having my game key accepted, I only have the option to "Play Demo". I am angry and offended. If for some reason you are in the forums before buying the game, DON'T. The support is like it's designed to be a black hole where you never get out in one piece.
If anything then do not support theft.

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
Did you buy on steam or on the Frontier store? Also, when you enter the authorisation code, if you've got it wrong - ENSURE you wait a minute so you have the live code - that always catches me out and I put in the previous code and then get an email with the right key - so make sure it's the latest key.

I have both Horizons and ED on PC and no problems. Lets start from the top. The best support are from others that play in the know so here to help if you like.

PC user hear and Purchased my game via STEAM XD

Oh and have u tried the trashbin/Spam/Junk section of ur email?

After purchasing the game and having my game key accepted, I only have the option to "Play Demo". I am angry and offended. If for some reason you are in the forums before buying the game, DON'T. The support is like it's designed to be a black hole where you never get out in one piece.
Listen to the advice, it will help.
I'd say the majority of players are on PC currently, think about it :)

Funny how hundreds of thousands (if not more) manage to follow instructions and install the game and one (can't use the word I want or I'll be moderated) mucks up so comes on a forum to rubbish the game. Don't they realise that they are just broadcasting their incompetence to the world?

How did you buy the game? was I a disk purchase, an online purchase, a steam purchase.. which one. when I initially bought mine via steam I did have issues with my key, it wouldn't accept it and kept asking for it over and over until I gave up and switched off my pc and started again a few hours later and it was all working. don't give up hope, either way you will get it working and you will be happy.

Funny how hundreds of thousands (if not more) manage to follow instructions and install the game and one (can't use the word I want or I'll be moderated) mucks up so comes on a forum to rubbish the game. Don't they realise that they are just broadcasting their incompetence to the world?
Simpler to complain than to read, Para....

Thank you for sharing your experience and opinion.

Personally, I haven't had any major issues with my accounts or the game's support team.The software itself has always been a bit buggy and some procedures for getting help can be convoluted until you become familiar with them, but most people are not having the issues you describe.

Be calm and rational.

I'm angrily calm and rationally offended by the suggestion that any of these sentiments are mutually exclusive!

I have installed the game on two different PCs with two accounts. Both bought with steam.
My own installation went without a hiccup. My wife's I had problems with but worked it out. I believe it was the same issue Sherlock Holmes...uh... Slopey talked about up above. Just out of sync messages.

How did you buy the game? was I a disk purchase, an online purchase, a steam purchase.. which one. when I initially bought mine via steam I did have issues with my key, it wouldn't accept it and kept asking for it over and over until I gave up and switched off my pc and started again a few hours later and it was all working. don't give up hope, either way you will get it working and you will be happy.
Perhaps OP purchased a reversed engineered version of a boot legged copy for half price from China.

Rant rant. :coffee: think, think some more. 😦 then seeing its you think again! You should be able to come up with the answer too your problem. YOU!

Well, I just re imaged my PC on 5-20-19. Downloaded the ED Horizon from Frontier Development. I validated codes by email without any issues what so ever. Just my 2 cents worth.

What I think is funnier is how thousands of people DO have trouble with the game key/account activation system between Steam and Frontier, and they DO come and post about their troubles here and have been for quite some time, yet some respond to them as if they are idiots or that the fault is theirs for not being able to go through the nonstandard process.

Being someone who has worked in gaming and technology for a long, long time, I have expectations of more... streamlined activation and account management processes than Frontier have. I can see how some people would get stuck on this, but then again I think about things from end-user perspectives because 1) its my job and 2) its a good, stress and anger-saving idea.

What I think is funnier is how thousands of people DO have trouble with the game key/account activation system between Steam and Frontier, and they DO come and post about their troubles here and have been for quite some time, yet some respond to them as if they are idiots or that the fault is theirs for not being able to go through the nonstandard process.

Being someone who has worked in gaming and technology for a long, long time, I have expectations of more... streamlined activation and account management processes than Frontier have. I can see how some people would get stuck on this, but then again I think about things from end-user perspectives because 1) its my job and 2) its a good, stress and anger-saving idea.

Yes the issue with activation of the Steam-bought game has always been a pain. Why that is so is not something I have knowledge of but if you look at the mess that occurred with the last update where Steam interaction was totally mucked up it might indicate a basic flaw in how they are linked. This is strange since the Planet Coaster and JWE games have exhibited none of these issues to my knowledge.

However, all that being said, the point is that there is lots of help available to anyone with issues and I think someone losing the rag and posting a rant justifies my response.

Yes the issue with activation of the Steam-bought game has always been a pain. Why that is so is not something I have knowledge of but if you look at the mess that occurred with the last update where Steam interaction was totally mucked up it might indicate a basic flaw in how they are linked. This is strange since the Planet Coaster and JWE games have exhibited none of these issues to my knowledge.

However, all that being said, the point is that there is lots of help available to anyone with issues and I think someone losing the rag and posting a rant justifies my response.
I think that you may be forgetting that some people may well be at the end of their tether when they sign up here (or anywhere really) and issue a tirade of spittle, often attack is the result of being in a loop of frustration, which I understand all too well.
That said, his words are here for 'the world and his mate' to see and ridicule if that is their wish!

Top Bottom