Do we have a ETA on the cure for the beige plague?

Bloody hell can we stop the snidey digs at NMS for christsakes? It's SUPPOSED to look like psychedelic 70's album art, known from the start and a conscious art choice by the devs.....gawds sake, it was never supposed to be realistic.

personally I find 70's album art better than 70's toilet suites for colour. :p

some colour is needed, within the obvious "science" boundaries.
Totally agreed. Even though it won't work in Elite, even though the gameplay of NMS wouldn't be my thing. I do like the 50's sci fi book cover art looks of NMS.

I don't explore at all, so this isn't as much an issue for me as it is others. However, with that said, given the premise of this title I cannot understand why Frontier haven't acted on this sooner. They could at least give an explanation about why it's not been fixed. If it involves work that is required to make future inclusions work, then say so. I am sure the majority of the player base would be happy enough if they knew that it was going to be part of an general overhaul that included more than what we had prior rather than a simple return to what we had prior.
That's exactly it. I would love not to have to beg for feedback. I have been a little absent from these forums for longer times lately, because I found myself only posting complaints and only engage in useless discussions (edit: as I'm doing again now, so .... ;) ), while I should be posting about stuff I found. I should be showing screenshots of the stuff I found. But a couple of weeks ago realisation hit me. I went from the Bubble, to Colonia visiting about 30 Planetary Nebulae I found, so the trip was about 40KLY. In all that time I took 3 screenshots. And those where mainly to see how the new Camera Suite worked. Elite used to be a virus on my computer, hogging up screenshot space in the Gigabytes. Many of those from HMCs with a close moon or nebulae or something else to fill the skybox. Now it's just enter system. Any ELWs, WWs, Aws? No? Next system. Yes? Scan and next system. So I'm just doing it for the money now. I am exploring for money.

Yee dogs! :)

Last edited:
I don't have anything against NMS, it just that the approach wouldn't be correct for ED. I probably will buy it at some point too in the future.

verminstar

Banned
They did. Then the same people that were complaining before are now complaining they dont believe it. So what is the point?

Ye but thing is they havent actually told us anything apart from "soon"...no explanations, nothing else apart from "soon". After 6 months or so, one tends to get curious about what "soon" really means, because lets not forget, it took them over 4 months just to get the "soon" and even admit something was broken.

It would be easier to believe them if they expanded just a tad on "soon"...by ignoring it entirely, one does wonder if that was just an excuse to shut us up at the time as absolutely nothing has been mentioned since...not a sausage.

So absolutely...lets hear from frontier what sorta timeframe "soon" translates to and then we can talk about whether or not anyone believes them or not. Im afraid action speaks louder than words and in this case, there is neither action or words ^

Just to add another related bit of "wut"....why are the gas giants only 3 tones of colour (2 of which are lighter/darker shades of the same colour)....I mean ok Saturn's a bit bland looking but Jupiter?...god was clearly on drugs when he did that! Either I'm unlucky or gas giants are bland too.

This games best technical feat is the 1:1 galaxy and I'd like to see more love put into it (and hopefully fd are doing just that).

Ye but thing is they havent actually told us anything apart from "soon"...no explanations, nothing else apart from "soon". After 6 months or so, one tends to get curious about what "soon" really means, because lets not forget, it took them over 4 months just to get the "soon" and even admit something was broken.

I'd simply love an update by Frontier. Is any of the dev team working on this issue yet? If not, is it scheduled for the future, or is it still just a wishlist item? Michael made it sound like they knew what the problem was and might maybe possibly be working on it, but we really don't know, even after all of this time.
This has been my most important issue with Elite since 2.2, higher priority to me than anything else in the game, and I'd just like to know Frontier's status on it. Please? :S

This games best technical feat is the 1:1 galaxy and I'd like to see more love put into it (and hopefully fd are doing just that).

Hence why I've been sporting this avatar of mine to the left since 2.2. Elite Dangerous galaxy...Where's the Love? :S

Last edited:

It would be easier to believe them if they expanded just a tad on "soon"...by ignoring it entirely, one does wonder if that was just an excuse to shut us up at the time as absolutely nothing has been mentioned since...not a sausage.

So absolutely...lets hear from frontier what sorta timeframe "soon" translates to and then we can talk about whether or not anyone believes them or not. Im afraid action speaks louder than words and in this case, there is neither action or words ^

Again, that is also not true. They said how the problem started, that it wont happen in 2.3 (so chill the crap down), and why it takes more time (you cant just change two variables, you need to balance test it and test a crapton of possibilities to prevent different unexpected results).

Sure, I would like to know more, heck I want to know *everything*. But if 'this is the problem, it wont happen before that timeframe, we are working on it and this is why it takes some time' is not enough for you then you'd just gonna have to learn to deal with uncertainty. :p Seems to beat the 'they promised second week of july but now they say 4th week!!!!!! LIARS!!!!!' crap we've had here.

Again, that is also not true. They said how the problem started, that it wont happen in 2.3 (so chill the crap down), and why it takes more time (you cant just change two variables, you need to balance test it and test a crapton of possibilities to prevent different unexpected results).

Sure, I would like to know more, heck I want to know *everything*. But if 'this is the problem, it wont happen before that timeframe, we are working on it and this is why it takes some time' is not enough for you then you'd just gonna have to learn to deal with uncertainty. :p Seems to beat the 'they promised second week of july but now they say 4th week!!!!!! LIARS!!!!!' crap we've had here.

I like how the "fixes" take months to "balance test" and yet still come out utterly munted. Yet in this case, the initial release was better in just about every concievable way, even the rediculous results...

verminstar

Banned

I ddnt care about knowing everything...I actually dont want to know everything...however theres a big gap between knowing something and knowing nothing. Currently we know nothing...is it really such a huge deal to just ask? Apparently so according to some...well tough...still gonna ask and keep asking until its answered.

I was there on the thread when Micky explained they knew what the issue was, but that fixing it wasnt very straightforward and wouldnt be in 2.3...just "soon"

All anyone is doing here is asking fer an update on what "soon" actually means. So chill yer own crap down and quit making more issues where none are needed...its just a request fer an update, whats yer beef? Should we say nothing? Ask nothing?

If yer happy and its not a big deal to you then fine...but its a big issue fer some of us and yer creating issues where none previously existed. So you chill man, its just a request fer an update...how is that such a bad thing?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Hope we can get an update from Frontier on this one. It has been a while. I've wanted to get back out into the black but waiting for this to be fixed. I wish the settings could be rolled back, realistic or not it made for some interesting locations. Given what I am seeing around the bubble, I'm not overly motivated to head back out at the moment.

This does really need some priority. Personally I'd rather see this fixed over new Alien content.

@Infidel:
IO, in-game.
aRbVif3.png

Michael said it wouldn't be in time for 2.3. I would hope it's 2.4. I will wait until we get more info on 2.4 and 3.0 before I will start to complain.

But feel free to complain some more, I am truly convinced it will speed things up a lot and will add tremendously to your quality of life. ;)

The old addage "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is not without merit. Continual pressure and awareness on the issue is what got us the meager yet insightful posts by Michael in the first place, and it did indeed sound like the matter had gone completely unnoticed by Frontier until that point despite all of the noise on it, so yeah, getting uppity and loud about important problems with the game is, historically, a proven method to enact positive change.

For some of us, many of us, this is the single largest problem with Elite for well over six months now. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some updates on the issue from time to time, given it's scope and profound effect on the entire galaxy the game takes place in.

verminstar

Banned
Your repeated insistence that you know 'nothing' is simply false. As in 'not true'. You want to know more. Fine. So do I. As I said. Repeatedly. But I dont get why people cant just ask sensible questions without adding nonsense to it. It doesnt help. And I have a beef with untruths. :)

What questions have been asked with nonsense attached? And the only thing not helping right now is you...thats even more unhelpful than anyone else is asking on this thread which is merely an update on where frontier are with the fix. Failing right now at knowing what yer problem is tbh...past creating a drama out of a simple question, what exactly is yer problem?

The old addage "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is not without merit. Continual pressure and awareness on the issue is what got us the meager yet insightful posts by Michael in the first place, and it did indeed sound like the matter had gone completely unnoticed by Frontier until that point despite all of the noise on it, so yeah, getting uppity and loud about important problems with the game is, historically, a proven method to enact positive change.

For some of us, many of us, this is the single largest problem with Elite for well over six months now. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some updates on the issue from time to time, given it's scope and profound effect on the entire galaxy the game takes place in.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Its an irritating fact, but it does seem that a certain amount of grind is needed to get a response here. :p And I want to know too, exploration is the only thing I am in Elite in (and that wont change anytime soon). So I'm with you in the "Dear FD. Thanks for the earlier update, we would very much like to know what the current status is and if we can expect a fix in 2.4." crusade!

Top Bottom