Do we have a ETA on the cure for the beige plague?

Sorry, I needed a moment to compose myself after spending a minute cleaning up spilt coffee due to sudden expulsion due to all-too-loud laughter. Roberts' folly is not even close to usable. It's a tech demo with hints of greatness that is saddled with a developer whom is addicted to the cash being bled from naive customers.

I`m positive they talking about Space Engine, not Star Citizen lol (unless there has been drastic change in SE development that I`m not aware of :D)

I was answering Mengy's comment regarding Space Engine (SE) geddit?

SE? Oh. Hah. Not really the same thing as ED though, is it? It's been in development since 2005, so that's like 12 years, which is not surprising given the development team size. It's also not focusing on building a raft of mechanics relating to ships, and their use. So if you have different focus areas, weirdly enough those get done first. ;)

I`m positive they talking about Space Engine, not Star Citizen lol (unless there has been drastic change in SE development that I`m not aware of :D)

Yes I can see that, thank you. :)

Sorry, I needed a moment to compose myself after spending a minute cleaning up spilt coffee due to sudden expulsion due to all-too-loud laughter. Roberts' folly is not even close to usable. It's a tech demo with hints of greatness that is saddled with a developer whom is addicted to the cash being bled from naive customers.
Sorry, I needed a moment to compose myself after spending a minute cleaning up spilt coffee due to sudden expulsion due to all-too-loud laughter in reaction to your peeing out of the toilet. Your SC talk detector is too sensitive and you are getting triggered by anything. Would have been better if you read first and then comment. Would you be as sarcastic in person? If not, don't even try to be smartass.

This is the type of attitude -your attitude- that makes the forum toxic. Not criticism to Elite or FD, and neither SC/SE comparisons. The irony is that now, maybe, you have that sensation where you post in a thread, and you come back to it and wish you hadn't. [noob]

Last edited:
I hate beige..... I hate the way the dark side of a planet on approach suddenly 'pops' into artificial darkness

I've never had a problem with this - I assumed it was some clever night-vision tech that the canopy/HUD offered - like a visual equivalent of the environment sound generation that the ship does which allows you to hear anything that happens outside the ship!

You do realise that within minutes of the Q1 patch going live there will be a thread on this forum complaining about the planets being too colourful.

Hi all. I just though I would put this in here. I saw it on one of the behind the scenes videos yesterday.

Look at the planet surface on the screen. Its low res but looks a lot more interesting then what we have at the moment. Maybe some work in progress on what we will see in Q4.

8OvtKcG.jpg

Hi all. I just though I would put this in here. I saw it on one of the behind the scenes videos yesterday.

Look at the planet surface on the screen. Its low res but looks a lot more interesting then what we have at the moment. Maybe some work in progress on what we will see in Q4.

https://i.imgur.com/8OvtKcG.jpg
Could be a Guardian site. I think I see some grey structure behind of what appear to be some rocks. We cant really see much. But it satisfies the need to squeeze out as much as we can from the info that we have haha.

It's also not focusing on building a raft of mechanics relating to ships, and their use. So if you have different focus areas, weirdly enough those get done first. ;))

It also doesn't have a team of 100 working on it so your point is rather mute.

It also doesn't have a team of 100 working on it so your point is rather mute.

And so is yours. The team of 100 are not just creating planetary tech. They are creating a whole heap of other stuff to go with it. For all we know there maybe on 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people working on that part of the game, it could be more, we just don't know.

You can't compare SE to ED development. SE has no real gameplay to it at all. It is not multiplayer.It is an engine, that could one day be turned in to a game. But I will say it is good tech, and the guy that has done it has done a great job, but it is not worth trying to compare the two.

when they do eventually fix the dark side of planets they should raise the distance at which the terrain appears on the radar, otherwise using the instruments will be no use if you cant see a huge canyon wall right in front of you

And so is yours. The team of 100 are not just creating planetary tech. They are creating a whole heap of other stuff to go with it. For all we know there maybe on 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people working on that part of the game, it could be more, we just don't know.

Oh for heavens sake, do you guys actually read and digest replies or just go full out White Knighting everytime there is some comparison/criticism levelled at FD?

Even if they only had 2 people working on planetary tech its still double the amount of SE and the early development was done in his spare time!

Oh for heavens sake, do you guys actually read and digest replies or just go full out White Knighting everytime there is some comparison/criticism levelled at FD?

Even if they only had 2 people working on planetary tech its still double the amount of SE and the early development was done in his spare time!

And your point is? And where is the white knighting? ED did basic planetary landings in a year or 2. Atmospheric planets with full physics effecting you ships including weather systems etc with the included gameplay will take some time. I am not white knighting, I am just saying you cannot compare the two. They are two extremly different products. I am not pooing on SE, I said it was superb what the dev had done, but it is not worth comparing the two. They are completely different products.

So please stop with your pathetic attepted insult as I am far from a white knight fan boy.

Top Bottom