Do you still have faith in Frontier putting the time in for fixing long lasting bugs?

Thanks. Does this bug make that initial unlock process harder?

As Stormy mentioned, you don't need the wreckage components for the Guardian FSD booster and you can see what's needed for the various modules here

https://inara.cz/galaxy-techbroker/

To put things in perspective though, it has taken me a week to collect all of the Guardian specific materials for all of the Guardian modules starting from scratch. So there's definitely something wrong with the drop rate for the wreckage components but overall it wasn't a disaster as by the time I had collected all of the other Guardian materials I was only short of six wreckage components and had to do a couple more runs to get those.

A few of the bugs have celebrated a Birthday. I've made a Cake with a disappointment with a frustration icing. Anyone want a slice?

Speaking of, the Minecraft textures are back, this time in the station signage. I can't even read much of the text in player-created adverts due to the extremely low resolution.

I'll be eating a cake in October that casts flickering, dancing shadows, which marks the one-year anniversary of my bug report about this issue.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Speaking of, the Minecraft textures are back, this time in the station signage. I can't even read much of the text in player-created adverts due to the extremely low resolution.

I'll be eating a cake in October that casts flickering, dancing shadows, which marks the one year anniversary of the bug report I submitted on this issue.

I was looking back at some of my bug reports and to be honest it just depresses me at the amount of stuff I reported and the effort I made when they just don't get fixed. I think I learnt my lesson. :)

And to think that it started out so well... Do you remember the screen-tearing bug on Day1? How it was patched in less than a week?

After that....:tumbleweed:

I'm not saying I believe this, but it does give the appearance that ED for PS4 was a "cash grab" - it had everyone's attention when it first released, which is when Frontier would have seen the biggest sales spike. Now, not so much...

If this is true, it's a mistake. I won't touch JWE because of what Frontier has done to ED - I don't trust the company, regardless of what their intentions were. I also won't be buying any more cosmetics. Now if Frontier gets their act together and fixes everything they have broken in this game, then they can earn my trust back. I'm just not holding my breath...

I'm not saying I believe this, but it does give the appearance that ED for PS4 was a "cash grab" - it had everyone's attention when it first released, which is when Frontier would have seen the biggest sales spike. Now, not so much...

If you're going for a cash grab, you'd advertise it a _little_ bit.

I suspect we got hit by bad timing/lack of PS4 expertise. If you look at the devs who work on Ed (there were a whole load of them tweeting a while back), several of them worked on Kinectimals, an Xbox game. I know several people at Frontier towers play on PS4 but these are not the actual developers. I've also speculated before that a lot of people who worked on the early code left to do other things (a talented game dev is never going to hang around long, once they get bored they will move on to other things, be that at Frontier or another company). Combine that with a lack of specific PS4 experience and you end up where we are.

37 days until RDR2. It's now an official countdown on my home dashboard, where ED once was! I'm also looking forward to Fallout '76 and Death Stranding. I don't mind, I've had my money's worth with over 3500 hours in Elite.

And to think that it started out so well... Do you remember the screen-tearing bug on Day1? How it was patched in less than a week?

After that....:tumbleweed:

Did you also see the ps4 pre release livestream? the one where Ed cynically tried to mug us off by blaming the screen tearing on the capture card?
For me that was an ominous omen of things to come

Hahahaha yes I'm laughing at you Frontier. You're a joke. It takes you a long to come up with something decent for content and you've resorted to only fixing bugs in major updates. Even the one many commanders have been urging you to fix. Utterly UTTERLY pathetic. If this is an example of what you think is quality game play, then all is lost for this game. Yes, I'm ranting again. Someone has to...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha yes I'm laughing at you Frontier. You're a joke. It takes you a long to come up with something decent for content and you've resorted to only fixing bugs in major updates. Even the one many commanders have been urging you to fix. Utterly UTTERLY pathetic. company. If this is an example of what you think is quality game play, then all is lost for this game. Yes, I'm ranting again. Someone has to...

I'll have a pop at FDev for their shenanigans as much as the next person but you might want to tone it down a bit. It is still their forums after all so a bit of respect is due.

This game is a placeholder until other sci fi games pop.
Check out Rebel Galaxy, which is basically old-Elite in 2D. And next year, by the same tiny company, is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw:

[video=youtube;jS5PR5locpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5PR5locpU[/video]

Hopefully it's got the same heart and fun the first did

[video=youtube;nfQetVBJrQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfQetVBJrQI[/video]

I still enjoy ED sometimes, but I've done pretty much everything multiple times, so really only potter and do Fuel Ratting. My faith level has dropped rapidly.

I'll have a pop at FDev for their shenanigans as much as the next person but you might want to tone it down a bit. It is still their forums after all so a bit of respect is due.

I would if they wouldn't on people that are questioning and complaining about their 'Q&A' and lack of bug fixing. So why should I show any respect to them when it's clear they are ignoring everyone who's getting tired of it. They even go as far as lying about it, in order to get people to back off. Hello Games was in a similar position when things went sour after launch. But they actually are passionate about their game and are not deaf to the myriad of complaints that rained down on them. They went silent and are still working hard to deliver what was promised. Bug fix patch after patch. New content and not CUTTING content in order to release new content. FRONTIER IS A JOKE! Some (I'm not addressing you) will just stay blind to this, I don't care. I'm just saying what I've seen based on experience with this company.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Did you also see the ps4 pre release livestream? the one where Ed cynically tried to mug us off by blaming the screen tearing on the capture card?
For me that was an ominous omen of things to come

Oh yes I do remember this. Looking back I was happy they fixed it quickly but, it didn't look too good when both Ed and Lloyd said they had not seen it before when it was clearly a bug! :)

Top Bottom