Do you use Voice Attack?

Don't use it because want to keep the noise level down, so no microphone. I also use headphones or speakers on very low setting.
Plus I think it's faster to just press one or two buttons instead of yelling "all power to shields!" or "deploy cargo scoop" or "Set throttle to seventy five per cent!".

I must admit however that it does sound interesting to chatter with your ship ai.

Don't use it because want to keep the noise level down, so no microphone. I also use headphones or speakers on very low setting.
Plus I think it's faster to just press one or two buttons instead of yelling "all power to shields!" or "deploy cargo scoop" or "Set throttle to seventy five per cent!".

I must admit however that it does sound interesting to chatter with your ship ai.
I have it and Astra from HCS but have to wait on a bluetooth headset with mic, I currently have the output of the laptop plugged into my trucks sound system and dictation doesn't work very well with background noise.

I use it when I use VR. While in VR, I cannot reliably hit many of the buttons on the base of my T16000 stick, nor can I hit the keyboard. So I use VA and a voice pack from HCS to provide that functionality.

I don't make use of a lot of the extended functionality that the HCS plugins provide. Mostly use it for deploying of gear/cargo door, request docking (cause it's cool), giving orders to the fighter, shield cells, silent mode, chaff, that sort of thing (which are mostly on the base of the stick)...and have John de Lancie insult me on a regular basis.

That all said, I do less and less with VR because the gal map is a pain in VR if you use it constantly (which I do for trade/delivery missions). I don't bother with VA when I'm playing on the screen.

Do you use Voice Attack and HCS Voice Packs?
If not why? or elaborate, thanks.

I used to use it but don't anymore. I had some issues with it in the past and then I stopped using it.

I play in VR and that was a solution for some of the button mappings but now I have everything so well mapped.

I just don't want to bother starting it up anymore.

Yes, I do - I don't always play with it on though, as I'm still getting used to it, and I don't want to entirely forget the muscle memory that allows me to control various parts of the ship. I've also still got a few issues with keybinds that need sorting out, but that won't last forever :)

It is great fun, especially with Cleo, Vasco, and the Ship's Cat on board. (More so with Cleo and Vasco set to "Profane" :D :D :D )

Yes, I do - I don't always play with it on though, as I'm still getting used to it, and I don't want to entirely forget the muscle memory that allows me to control various parts of the ship. I've also still got a few issues with keybinds that need sorting out, but that won't last forever :)

It is great fun, especially with Cleo, Vasco, and the Ship's Cat on board. (More so with Cleo and Vasco set to "Profane" :D:D:D )
I havn't set mine up yet waiting on my headset but I did train with windows 10, all the vids just ook like so much fun :) l

I bought two voices, but haven't found the inclination to program them ... so I feel kind of 😞

I bit the bullet and learned to program responses to various inputs I wanted to use, then went into the chit chat files and ended up setting up silly conversations between myself and the various packs I have. Utterly pointless but entertaining when you can randomise their responses. It's actually pretty easy, just daunting initially

I use voice attack for my power distributor settings.
One button press on my hotas gives me 4 pips to shields and 2 to weapons in about 1 second.
Another gives me 4 pips to weapons and 2 to engines.
I have 4 settings for this altogether, so at a touch of a button I can change my power settings instantly to what I need. I haven't had to use the keyboard for this for years. It's all now muscle memory, and is extremely useful in combat.
Also it's good for pre set messages on comms. At a spoken command I can send messages of all types.
Very useful in VR!

I use voice attack for my power distributor settings.
One button press on my hotas gives me 4 pips to shields and 2 to weapons in about 1 second.
Another gives me 4 pips to weapons and 2 to engines.
I have 4 settings for this altogether, so at a touch of a button I can change my power settings instantly to what I need. I haven't had to use the keyboard for this for years. It's all now muscle memory, and is extremely useful in combat.
Also it's good for pre set messages on comms. At a spoken command I can send messages of all types.
Very useful in VR!
I'm hoping to get everything off the keyboard to voice.

Cheating I don't think so, being that I play in my truck itsi knd of a reach to my keyboard on it's stand wth my joystick in my lap- should improve my game

While reading this thread I suddenly feel the urge to make sure that you are playing ED while parked, and NOT while driving your truck ! ;)

Top Bottom