Do you want to want to see ship interiors and be able to walk aroun our ship

Why was the poll removed?
The links been removed since polls are not allowed. As always, you're free to discuss it here.

Yeah, saying something is blocked by a lack of demand, and then curating the communities ability to communicate a demand is pure win.

I think it's possible that the incessant spam on this topic has actually put me off it, from being someone who was quite up for it. It's just getting tired now.

It shows a strong feeling for the topic. Otherwise known as a strong demand.

Oh I know. I didn't suggest there's no demand though.
Yeah, I know you didn't, mate. Sorry, I wasn't specifically responding to you, but rather offering a counter view that I hope the spam continues. So that, if nothing else, the lack of demand excuse is shown to be out of touch.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Why was the poll removed?
The 2nd paragraph of the rules state that they are not allowed on the forum. Here is a link...

It shows a strong feeling for the topic. Otherwise known as a strong demand.
I love the way you co-opt all the people who speak up to contest you into your argument.

For me, all I see is a waste of my limited game time going into having to move from place to place so that other people can enjoy "the pretty" a time or two before they ignore it.

Of course we all have it on our want list. The better question would be, is it in the top 5 of your want list. For me, that answer is no as there are many things, including Horizon bug fixes and Oddity new features, ahead of ship interiors.

And more specifically, I'd rather disembark on my Fleet Carrier than walk around in my ship.

I love the way you co-opt all the people who speak up to contest you into your argument.

For me, all I see is a waste of my limited game time going into having to move from place to place so that other people can enjoy "the pretty" a time or two before they ignore it.

Both walking being the only activity, as well as that activity being unskippable are unfounded assumptions.

If the pointless contrarians and objectors had any sense, they'd put their energy into shipping something they actually want in the game.

Most fun I've had in Odyssey so far is walking around my ships in the hanger, looking out station windows. and walking around that little bit in stations.
I don't really have much interest in the "game-play" loops and whatnot. Mostly just a waste of time and a means to an end of getting to experience the game more.
There are plenty of other things I could be doing that are more productive than counting and sorting virtual level up beans.

It's not why I play the game. I want to have fun experiencing, exploring, and interacting with the game world as a sci-fi spaceship pilot, entrepreneur, and survivalist adventurer and explorer. That's the long and the short of it.

Last edited:
Not sure strong feeling equates to strong demand.
I mean I would not actually spend money on ship interiors, migh through some in game earned ARX at one or 2 ships.
If its free content I would take it but wish they spent the time on something else.

In terms of free content, well not sure there is any actually, we are nopt in season mode anymore, so I expect all futore content outside events in the galaxy to paid for. I mean most people play solo (even in open), so its not like you can split the community. Looking at this place it fractured a long time ago. Fd might as well make money out of it!

Simon

Ship interiors would take a great deal of work and in the end, it's just eye candy.

Spock: “After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.”

I would rather the time be spent on adding content to Odyssey instead of the shallow missions and suit building we have now.

It's supposed to be a game, not an accurate simulation of ships.

Build some more content for Odyssey, or it will become just another FPS.

Odyssey is not Skyrim.

Why would it be impossible to have gameplay on the inside of a space ship?
It's not impossible. But given FD's lack of interest in creating any decent gameplay in this game to date, I suspect we would not get any gameplay on ships even if they did put interiors in them.

It's not impossible. But given FD's lack of interest in creating any decent gameplay in this game to date, I suspect we would not get any gameplay on ships even if they did put interiors in them.

So it's your personal suspicion. Not a fact that "it would just be eye candy".

Aren't you just lowering the bar by stating that as if it's the truth?

Why would it be impossible to have gameplay on the inside of a space ship?

Imagine for example to use the FSS scanner you had to run back and forth between huge radio wheels attached to control consoles (Ala giant car stereo volume / tunning controls) you had to crank in a weird timing minigame just to move the band left or right. You could engineer the wheels and cranks and they could have upgrade slots.

Imagine for example to use the FSS scanner you had to run back and forth between huge wheels you had to crank in a weird timing minigame just to move the band left or right. You could engineer the wheels and cranks and they could have upgrade slots.

There's tons of opportunities for fun and engaging gameplay and integration with current parts of Elite through interiors.

Edit: I miswrote this and it came acroos entirely wrong. So sorry.

Last edited:
Imagine for example that you didn't, but instead had fun and engaging gameplay and integration with current parts of Elite.

Like what if when you engaged in silent running and had to use a periscope to pilot the ship because your holoshield would go black. The periscope would have levels of engineering upgrades available with an entire new set of mats and its own elite ranking. Something like that?

I want to see more social places at stations, outposts, settlements. Than I want to see that large habitat rings available for walking. And than ship interiors maybe. I don't really need interiors. That doesn't add a lot of gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom