Do you want to want to see ship interiors and be able to walk aroun our ship

Like what if when you engaged in silent running and had to use a periscope to pilot the ship because your holoshield would go black. The periscope would have levels of engineering upgrades available with an entire new set of mats and its own elite ranking. Something like that?

Lol my previous post came out entirely wrong. Sorry for sounding so rude.

I think both are cool ideas, but I think they would be way too invasive for most CMDRs.

Imagine for example to use the FSS scanner you had to run back and forth between huge radio wheels attached to control consoles (Ala giant car stereo volume / tunning controls) you had to crank in a weird timing minigame just to move the band left or right. You could engineer the wheels and cranks and they could have upgrade slots.

One of the engineering mods could be an auto tuner but it goes 200% slower and plays an orchestral cover of Hootie and the Blowfish song Time.

I'm still salty my poll was removed :) just for information there lots of votes for and barely any against. Please enable forum polls again Frontier its a good way for the community to show genuine interest or not in features.

I could agree with this, maybe, but it depends on your definition of 'a game'. Maybe we could get 1000 people to offer 3000 definitions, and then have 5000 people debate it. But that sounds like a Mensa gathering, in that it could be both entertaining and useless at the same time. So why bother? Moving on... ;)
As opposed to someone that worships ignorance? At least, by your own admission, the Mensans are entertaining.

No
I want gameplay content for flying a spaceship ( since THAT is why i bought this game)
I remember the discussion spacelegs vs more planet types...
so spacelegs are there, now give us more planet types to land on, or better (maybe dangerous) black holes?
seriously, i was disappointed when i visited the first black hole :(

I remember X Rebirth when the pilot stands up from his seat, walking through the cockpit and to the door and then was teleported to the exit door and the remp.
THIS could they implement here, cockpit interiours are there for all ships altready..

I love the way you co-opt all the people who speak up to contest you into your argument.

For me, all I see is a waste of my limited game time going into having to move from place to place so that other people can enjoy "the pretty" a time or two before they ignore it.
1) Then you must hate Super Cruise and Hyper jumping, where almost 80% of my time is spent.
2) Ship interiors bring way more gameplay associated to the maintenance of your ship than walking around on a different textured heightmap with different coloured particle effects overhead. The Concept art from FDev even proves this.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 44
Interestingly this was the leak a few years ago on reddit... bare in mind Odyssey was the 2020 release delayed....

I'd be very happy with Thargoid pew pew and Basebuilding over ship interiors.

Elite Dangerous (Project Watson) Space legs. FPS style gameplay.
Thargoids in the flesh that look very Starship Trooper-like (Possible concept art - Source)
Base building.
Coming end of 2020

Yes please, ship interiors as trailed by the CEO in 2012.

I'm still genuinely stumped by the presented 'fact' that for some reason, your own ship is the only area in the galaxy that is obviously a no fun zone.
Being involved in my own car maintenance sometimes, I can see why it is a "no fun" zone.

1) Then you must hate Super Cruise and Hyper jumping, where almost 80% of my time is spent.
2) Ship interiors bring way more gameplay associated to the maintenance of your ship than walking around on a different textured heightmap with different coloured particle effects overhead. The Concept art from FDev even proves this.
Taking your second point first, I don't want to play Virtual Damage Control Petty Officer. Having been a DCPO in the Navy, I understand that maintenance is important, but I have an amazing level of disbelief that it is going to be "fun". Added to that the fact that we have AFMUs as de-facto evidence of automation, and I am happy with letting the ship take care of itself.

As to Super Cruise, yes, I agree it is boring, but at least it accomplishes something. Most of the requests in this collective position are useless transitions. Get up, open the door, go through the door, close the door, walk down the hall, use the lift, get in the airlock, cycle the airlock... How many times are you going to enjoy doing that same activity? At least SuperCruise interacts with a dynamic environment to take me somewhere. The routine I just described will Never Change.

Taking your second point first, I don't want to play Virtual Damage Control Petty Officer. Having been a DCPO in the Navy, I understand that maintenance is important, but I have an amazing level of disbelief that it is going to be "fun". Added to that the fact that we have AFMUs as de-facto evidence of automation, and I am happy with letting the ship take care of itself.
Not to mention that stations and some outposts can fix your ship, however badly damaged, in less than a second with a single click of the mouse. I don't think running-repairs need to be any harder than the AFMU and indeed the Reboot/Repair sequence.

Now that there's on foot gameplay desperately wanting for variety, not moving forward with ship interiors is a GIGANTIC missed oppertunity. It's not just having player ship interiors, you know, the thing we've wanted from day one and the thing that has made star citizen millions.

They're play space. Imagine salvage missions to anaconda wrecks crawling with enemies or terrors out of space. Imagine REPAIR missions where you fly out to a wreck in space, leave your ship and breach in through an airlock and then try to restore the ship to functionality. Or rescue missions. The possibilities are HUGE and the failure to engage with this is tremendous. I get that some of the ships like anacondas are gigantic, but...honestly they arent THAT big and even starting with partial and incomplete ship interiors is better than nothing.

Now that there's on foot gameplay desperately wanting for variety, not moving forward with ship interiors is a GIGANTIC missed oppertunity. It's not just having player ship interiors, you know, the thing we've wanted from day one and the thing that has made star citizen millions.

They're play space. Imagine salvage missions to anaconda wrecks crawling with enemies or terrors out of space. Imagine REPAIR missions where you fly out to a wreck in space, leave your ship and breach in through an airlock and then try to restore the ship to functionality. Or rescue missions. The possibilities are HUGE and the failure to engage with this is tremendous. I get that some of the ships like anacondas are gigantic, but...honestly they arent THAT big and even starting with partial and incomplete ship interiors is better than nothing.
Entering a wreck in space can be done without “ship interiors”.

What is the problem with ship interiors? Ships move. This is nasty for performance.

Wrecks don’t have to move. They are like a building in space. That is much easier to deal with. Since they are wrecked, the levels would be different than a player ship anyway.

In other words, your justification for interiors does not need interiors.

Doesnt even matter imo as this game has the problem that its wants to be a great single and multi player experience but what we get is something bland half baked and then put aside for more of the same.

Yes of course. Anything that adds to the immersion and experience is a go in my book. Add a functioning NPC crew for the larger ships while you're at it, walking about the ship and fixing it.

Heck, it could bring a whole new perspective to having other real life players in your ship.

But please...PLEASE add the optional "instant teleport to anywhere in the ship/station/galaxy/universe" so the "special ones" who are somehow too lazy to virtually walk in a game don't complain.

"Oh I can't be bothered to press W for a few more seconds...please don't add"

The times we live in...

Top Bottom