Does any roleplaying actually go on out-of-game?

I only ask because, well, I've never come across anyone who does it in-game, and I'm not affiliated with any groups (bar my own group of one person) which are in any way interested in it.
I'm so desperate at this point that I'm tempted to start greeting people in-character ingame, in the vain hope they give all the thought I put into my character meaning.

I'm sure there's a few discord-based groups out there. I've come across a few RP focused sub sections in large, superpower focused servers, but I can't say I remember which ones.

I'm 100% supportive of you being in character in the main game. That's rare, but can be fun to encounter on occasion. Pirates are my favorite, just behind the Wedding Barge impersonator.

This probably doesn't count, if anything it might be the reverse of what you are talking about, but I regularly will look up at the night sky, find an interesting star, research it using IRL astronomy software, and then go visit it in ED from Sol as if I'm really going there. Afterwards I'll point out that star to my wife and say, "I've been there!"

This probably doesn't count, if anything it might be the reverse of what you are talking about, but I regularly will look up at the night sky, find an interesting star, research it using IRL astronomy software, and then go visit it in ED from Sol as if I'm really going there. Afterwards I'll point out that star to my wife and say, "I've been there!"
I've done the opposite before! I've looked up systems I've been to to see if I could see them with the naked eye!

Some of the logs on INARA are actually pretty fun to read tbh
There's no engagement there, though, at least not directly. And as much as I enjoy writing pseudo-blogposts (not talking about anyone else, that's just all I've written for mine at the moment) it doesn't really let me do much with the character besides say 'hey, look how vapid and rich she is'.

Some of them are very fun, though, yes. Especially the super bad ones.

I don't rp outside of the game, but I gotta say I love the folks who do it in game.

It's rare that I've seen any real RP in game, but my very first time being interdicted by another live player he RP'd as a pirate. He did such a good job of rp with the comms he sent me that I had to do a double take to see if it was really a hollow rather than filled in triangle. It shall remain forever more one of my fondest ED memories. I was such a noob at the time that I just panicked and bugged out, but now I wish I would have rp'd back and given him some of my cargo.

I really enjoy Astronomy myself and so I do a lot of the same of what @Old Duck does haha!
I use a nice app on my phone called SkEye to get familiar with the stars and it's always exciting to see them in game and get to travel to them.
Arcturus is my homebase at the moment, and when I spot it in the night sky I like to imagine my CMDR is chilling there in his ship, kicked back drinking some Lavian Brandy.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only CMDR who imagines when he docks his ship and takes a break from his flying to stretch his space legs, …I imagine the time that I'm out and about in the real world is just what my CMDR is up to on what ever space station or planet he's currently docked at.
(Getting groceries from the store? NO! I'm buy more food from Brennan Port to stash on my ship before I launch out on another cargo run. Gotta have Krispy Kreme doughnuts and some V8 if I'm gonna keep flying.)

Top Bottom