Ships Does anything fly similar to a Viper Mk IV

The Vulture handles better, and hits harder than a Viper IV.

If combat is your thing, its hard to beat it when it comes to small ships.

The Vulture handles better, and hits harder than a Viper IV.

If combat is your thing, its hard to beat it when it comes to small ships.
I have the Vulture, but it does not feel the same. I don’t know, Vulture feels far more agile, but I find the Viper easier to fly. Could it be the lateral thrusters of the Viper make the flight model feel different?

Vertical/lateral thrust is a huge part of the flight model.

The Viper Mk IV has extremely good vertical/lateral thrusters, and mediocre rotationals. It feels closest to a pre-buff FDL, but there really isn't anything in the current game like it, except the Viper III, which is just all-round more agile, but that ship certainly doesn't have better firepower.

Gotcha.

Damn shame, in my opinion. Would love a ship with the same flight model with just a bit more kill.

You may want to give the FDL a shot anyway. It has the strongest vertical/lateral thrust of any medium ship and while being both more drifty and turning better than the the Viper Mk IV, is probably the closest you'll get to feel in something that has real offensive power.

You could try a DBX. The DBS is super nimble, but I don’t gave much hands on with the Explorer. I know it has two mediums and a large, so it hurts a little more.

I’d recommend slapping some plasmas on your Viper and engineering it to high heaven. You get to keep your ship, it hurts more, everybody wins.

Short range blaster on mediums will bring the damage up to large PA base levels.

You could try a DBX. The DBS is super nimble, but I don’t gave much hands on with the Explorer. I know it has two mediums and a large, so it hurts a little more.

I’d recommend slapping some plasmas on your Viper and engineering it to high heaven. You get to keep your ship, it hurts more, everybody wins.

Short range blaster on mediums will bring the damage up to large PA base levels.
I'll second the suggestion of a DBX - like the Viper IV it has strong but fairly drifty laterals, and feels generally similar in the turning department. Plus a much better view from the cockpit. I haven't touched a Viper IV in a while, but I've been clearing Med CZs in a moderately engineered DBX lately and can speak for its firepower feeling reasonably punchy.

What about the Federal Dropship? It is hull tanky like the Viper Mk4. It is less agile than some other ships but it will definitely have more firepower. Might be worth a look as well.

Try out the Krait Phantom. Granted, it's a medium ship, but it feels very much alike the Viper IV, from my experience. Other than that, Sidewinder and Imperial Courier come somewhat close.

DBX is nowhere near the flight model of the Viper IV.

Quick question... Are you talking modified or stock thrusters?

Modified the Asp-S has a very similar flight model and while it has the same 2M + 2S hardpoints it has a class 4 Power distro that allow for more energy intense weapons (Rails, PA's, Beams etc) and can fire more sustainably than the Viper IV.

Quick question... Are you talking modified or stock thrusters?

Modified the Asp-S has a very similar flight model and while it has the same 2M + 2S hardpoints it has a class 4 Power distro that allow for more energy intense weapons (Rails, PA's, Beams etc) and can fire more sustainably than the Viper IV.
G5 dirty drag drives.

I have never even looked at Asp Scout. Seems I might need to.

G5 dirty drag drives.

I have never even looked at Asp Scout. Seems I might need to.
It's neat idea combining pretty excellent pitch rate, above average DPS for hardpoint arrangement, plenty of spare power in a ship that doesn't catch a cold as so much get chased down by influenza. It's also got a giant hit box for its canopy relative to the rest of the ship and shields are, well, very bad. Also kinda hamstrung in the utility mount department like the Viper IV, and slower to boot.

As it stands it's probably the most useless/superfluous ships in the game.

The ASP scout is insane fun to fly, and allows more combos than any other 2s2m ships. It's main drawback is it's massive size and profile, which will have you be hit all the time.

As for the gentleman who likened the MK4 with the driftship: a wag of the finger for you, sir!

Top Bottom