Ships Does anything fly similar to a Viper Mk IV

The ASP scout is insane fun to fly, and allows more combos than any other 2s2m ships. It's main drawback is it's massive size and profile, which will have you be hit all the time.

I've flown the ship on occasion...too slow, too big, and not durable enough for it to really be a Viper upgrade/alternative. It's also slanted quite a bit more toward rotational performance than translational acceleration, though it's not bad in regard to the latter.

Rotationals feel pretty similar, and the forward/reverse acceleration is there on both, but the mamba has poor vertical/lateral thrust, while even the Viper IV is exceptional in this regard. Makes them feel very different in thruster heavy piloting styles.

Yeah, I got the Mamba, and while I think it looks awesome and packs a punch, I do not really love it.

The ones I like to fight in are Viper Mk IV, and Federal Gunship.

I've flown the ship on occasion...too slow, too big, and not durable enough for it to really be a Viper upgrade/alternative. It's also slanted quite a bit more toward rotational performance than translational acceleration, though it's not bad in regard to the latter.

Oh, absolutely. But I will never stop defending the scout as a fun ship, it is such a shame so many keep crapping on it without even trying the poor thing...

Yeah, I got the Mamba, and while I think it looks awesome and packs a punch, I do not really love it.

The ones I like to fight in are Viper Mk IV, and Federal Gunship.

Well, if you like the Gunship, there are plenty of vessels that feel closer to that than the Viper IV, and a few that may even been between the two in feel.

Oh, absolutely. But I will never stop defending the scout as a fun ship, it is such a shame so many keep crapping on it without even trying the poor thing...

It is more fun than many give it credit for...

I may have to make another one.

Within the small ship lineup, no not really OP. Which is kinda sad, but that's also what makes small ships what they are...they are all pretty darn unique. The DBX, built for combat, can feel similar to Mk IV...but it still isn't the same.

If you mean across the whole board (like in terms of progression), you need to try out the Federal Dropship or Asp Explorer (basically a larger DBX). A the large-end of the lineup, the Anaconda is probably the only semi-similar ship in handling and tankiness.

I agree with a lot of the posts: part of what makes the Mk IV an interesting ship is that there isn't anything quite like it. It takes skill to fly really well, but the natural power creep of the game makes it such that you can't really fly small ships against moderate or difficult targets - not because you can't survive, but because you simply lack the firepower to take them down.

That’s the thing. I’d love it there was something like the Mk IV I could buy now that I have the credits to do so. I was hoping Mamba would have been something like it. That was, sadly, not the case. It’d be nice there was more ships coming, but even if I wish for a Viper Mk V or VI, I’d rather they do something that has to do with exploration and/ or trade. Those areas of the game need more love.

Silimar to a Viper Mk4... DBX! Both of these ships handle exactly the same and both can be pretty tanky small mofos. Viper is slightly faster in a straigh line and has better shields, but speaking of DBX...

• Instead of two small hardpoints you get one L sized! L sized multicannon or frag cannon can deliver good damage. L sized eff. beam is also a very good choice.
  • Runs very cool
  • Has four utilities
  • Amazing jump range. Even heavily loaded will give you a very good range.
  • After recent update with two extra small internals you can build a truly multirole DBX.

There is also smaller brother of DBX called DBS. Much faster and much more agile, a direct answer to the Viper Mk3.

It's a lot slower...but the T-10 is 'technically' supposed to be a tanky large ship that relies more on staying power than maneuverability, like the Mk IV. It's not very well balanced relative to its other large brethren, but it's far from underpowered on its own. Takes a lot of getting used to but they don't call it the battle cow for nothing!

That’s the thing. I’d love it there was something like the Mk IV I could buy now that I have the credits to do so. I was hoping Mamba would have been something like it. That was, sadly, not the case. It’d be nice there was more ships coming, but even if I wish for a Viper Mk V or VI, I’d rather they do something that has to do with exploration and/ or trade. Those areas of the game need more love.
The Python is kind of similar in feel. Its the MK4's big brother.

Surprisingly Krait feels rather similar to how Viper Mk.IV flies. Give it a go. I know those are ships in totally different classes and price points, but still.
Agreed. Those are what I fly the most. The KRAIT MK2 does drift more (just not as much as like an ASPx).

Top Bottom