Does developer team size matter?

have this been asked yet but why is the team only 5 for this new game? Other sim indie games have 10 in a team working on it as i thought more staff means more things can be develop in the game? can anyone explain this?

Jurrassic was made by 100 people! So could PZ be given the same type of love and more? :)

Last edited:
Thank you goodman but i do not understand i know frontier is huge but why would only 5 work on the game and not more? :) I thought pulling in the best minds to make the best animal tycoon game would help? Sorry for asking dumb question!

Where is the journal?

I'm a software developer myself and we often use the saying that "9 women can't make a baby in 1 month". A team that is 10 times as large won't make 10 times as much content. But it definitely helps to have a larger team!

But 10 of the brightest can bring exp and a whole new level to a game that has 10 of standard developers. I have seen this with games and also is money too more money means you can do big things for the game. Have a look at prehistoric kingdom its no where as advance as Planet zoo on the animal behaviour and they have 10 working on it and still not out yet. They also do not have the resources like frontier so only can use what they have.

But i thought having more means more depth to each different things you can do in the zoo! Its not just focus on animal behaviour but also each area in the zoo has its own complex mechanic. :)

As I am hoping this game does not die out that it will grow and get better and just wondering if like PC after a few years things just move on.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you goodman but i do not understand i know frontier is huge but why would only 5 work on the game and not more? :) I thought pulling in the best minds to make the best animal tycoon game would help? Sorry for asking dumb question!

Where is the journal?
The first Planet Zoo Developer Journal can be found here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/developer-journal-making-planet-zoo.512109/

There are more than 5 people working on Planet Zoo at the moment. I don't know the exact number and even if I did that number would change over time as the project continues. It's only logical to assume that there are a lot more developers working on Planet Zoo at the moment.

Like what Chanté said there are more than 450 people working at Frontier, I don't know where you got the idea that only 5 people were working on this game but it will be much closer to 100, maybe even more at some times.

Thanks Lora i mean for the game not frontier as a game studio as i looked at the magazine and it say 5 are work on the game? But i just wanted to understand so sorry for silly question!

Thanks Joel for the link! :)

I'm a software developer myself and we often use the saying that "9 women can't make a baby in 1 month". A team that is 10 times as large won't make 10 times as much content. But it definitely helps to have a larger team!
no but 9 woman can produce 1 baby at regular intervals of 1 month, compared to 1 woman and 1 baby in 9 months, so kind of a strange analogy to use
I suppose you could say can 4 adults raise a baby better than 1 adult? might not sound as nice rolling off the tongue though

no but 9 woman can produce 1 baby at regular intervals of 1 month, compared to 1 woman and 1 baby in 9 months, so kind of a strange analogy to use
I suppose you could say can 4 adults raise a baby better than 1 adult? might not sound as nice rolling off the tongue though

Top Bottom