Does Elite Mean anything now?

It never meant anything and never can. When you achieve something that many people failed at, requires particular set of skills, effort etc, is one thing. Something that requires you doing same stuff over and over, without any effort, knowledge and skill - is not an achievement and nothing to be proud of. Anyone who will sink enough time in Elite, will get it eventually.

Would be nice if you could roll over once you become Elite and and become 2 times Elite 3,4, etc. The amount required gets bigger each prestige so to speak. Then would bring back more meaning to becoming Elite and could have some bragging rights also.

Would be nice if you could roll over once you become Elite and and become 2 times Elite 3,4, etc. The amount required gets bigger each prestige so to speak. Then would bring back more meaning to becoming Elite and could have some bragging rights also.

What you describe is how the Elite ranks work now. Should they go on forever? :)

According to the codex stats I have 38,000 bounties claimed and 29,000 Combat bonds. I'm not sure it really means anything to keep tracking that after the first 6,000 or so that got me to Elite ;)

I too was pondering this just the other day. I've recently just returned after maybe a year off.. thoroughly burnt out after gaining first Elite in Combat, Exploration and the one I found most tedious, Trade. I returned with little more than a BN in the bank and within 3 days had a fleet carrier thanks to triple hot spot mining. Not one to complain abut making the fast bucks to get the carrier, but what struck me funny was the task it took to get that first billion and to hit that elite rank..

It is what it is.. :D

I too was pondering this just the other day. I've recently just returned after maybe a year off.. thoroughly burnt out after gaining first Elite in Combat, Exploration and the one I found most tedious, Trade. I returned with little more than a BN in the bank and within 3 days had a fleet carrier thanks to triple hot spot mining. Not one to complain abut making the fast bucks to get the carrier, but what struck me funny was the task it took to get that first billion and to hit that elite rank..

It is what it is.. :D

Did you figure out what & where to mine & where to sell on your own?

I don't know if this counts, but i never played the original games, so getting elite was never interesting to me.

Superpower rep was because of the rather epic ships you got access to.. each rank of the original rep grind felt like a huge achievement and i even roleplayed as far as i could with the title (while delivering all that post) but yeah never cared about the other titles for some reason.

Occasionally traffic control at imperial stations seems to hint at your rank so that's something when it happens.

EDIT: What i find more interesting though is my NPC pilot's rank.. yeah im keenly aware of how they're progressing both for the combat buff and how much of your income they're going to be taking...

Last edited:
Thinking about it, if they had introduced a Mining rank at the same time they annouced carriers then things would look different.

I'm pretty confident most of the 5 day Elite Trade club never traded any goods at all. (As in buy goods cheap, sell high) :unsure:

I'm double Elite (trading, exploration) and made those last year without using fancy shortcuts. For exploration it was a trip to Sag and back, trip to Colonia and a handful of shorter rounds around the bubble. Trading similar - just been doing cargo missions, the most dull ones, deliver from A to B. Strangely calming. Exploration helped too. Last straight i beat with lucrative commodity loop. In the end it took months to get both ranks.

Did I made it "the hard way"? Most likely.
Does it mean anything to me? Not likely.

Just another tick on the list to do. Real benefit I see is that I got Shinrarta access (which I don't use much and haven't even visited for a year after unlocking) and cargo missions offer slightly bigger pay due to rank. Interestingly enough I'm detached from such achievements, titles and similar. Sure, nice to have but lacking one isn't big deal. My combat mostly harmless says it all.

After 6 years I am only Elite in Trade. I am Ranger in Exploration and only Novice in Combat.

So my Elite and other status levels is earned. I could have chased the credits but made it my own way, doing missions, making trades, mining by searching for decent spots.

I play solo so I have no 'race' to get credits, apart from a FC (which I have no interest in obtaining), I can afford all ships. There are the Navy rank ships still out of my reach but working my way up. I play my way at my pace, no rush... ;-)

So to me the achievement is personal and an actual achievement because there's only me versus the Galaxy. I'm not interested in a chase for rank/credits/bragging rights/kudos as there's only me to satisfy.

I don't think I will ever get to Combat Elite as I'm not really that interested but if it changed, I'd probably be some sort of vigilante, protecting the innocent miners out there trying to make a living (NPCs as I play Solo).

I'm too old to give a sh*T about what other people think when they see my rank. 😁😉

I was so proud when I made Elite in exploration, I think it took me a year, yes it was much harder to make Elite back then but it was a great feeling.

Next I hit Elite in trading, I managed it with missions mining Panite. about 4 months I reckon
Then the huge slog fest to get Combat Elite, boy that was a long haul but enjoyed the combat.

So what about now? How long does it take to get to Elite?
Solo? Just under a day
Got a friend with a fleet carrier? Just under half an hour.

I dunno, to me it feels like Elite has lost it's meaning, it's sense of achievement

Bit of a shame really

Anywhoo just remembering the old days

another thread about elitism.

Top Bottom