Does every ride / attraction have to be "rideable" in the first person?

Have the Devs actually stated that every ride / attraction in Planet Coaster HAS to be rideable in first person view? Personally there are certain rides / attractions I wouldn't mind having in this game, even if that means they aren't viewable in first person.

Motion Simulator, Arcade, 3D Cinema, Wild West Stunt Show, Hedge Maze, Circus - all were considered "rides" in RCT3. I hope they aren't being left out of PC simply because creating a first person view would be too difficult. Give them to us anyway, with or without a first person view!

Sure it has to be rideable, because assumedly if the game gets popular enough it'll get a VR mode. Can only imagine how popular that'd make downloading other people's parks. Heck people might by Planet Coaster just to go around others parks in VR.

The maze could be built in 3rd person, I mean you only need to do a ride that works like "paths" with walls and that the player can customize. Same idea could be used for walk-through rides (tho you can already more or less do that with simple paths).

The arcade could be like a food stall, and could include variants. The 4D Cinema and simulator would be trickier, tho the easier way to do it would be that you see directly the "screen" with an actual minimovie haha I think Bullfrog's Theme Park did it like that.

Check min 1:56:

[video=youtube;Fg6SJEcaIa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6SJEcaIa8[/video]

Last edited:
Sure it has to be rideable, because assumedly if the game gets popular enough it'll get a VR mode. Can only imagine how popular that'd make downloading other people's parks. Heck people might by Planet Coaster just to go around others parks in VR.

Quite honestly, I think people can do without Virtual Reality mazes.

If they really absolutely must, then they can just watch the old windows maze screensaver until they get bored.

67bd7b63-c565-4fcb-9ccd-d7f98a6ea4a6.png

Well the VR is great, but I still want a 3-D Cinema option. I hope that doesn't just go away because creating a "rideable" 3-D cinema is too complex. Same goes for Motion Simulator... Both of these types of attractions a pretty standard in all large modern theme parks.

Well the VR is great, but I still want a 3-D Cinema option. I hope that doesn't just go away because creating a "rideable" 3-D cinema is too complex. Same goes for Motion Simulator... Both of these types of attractions a pretty standard in all large modern theme parks.

No, what you should Have is a modullar attration. A screen (that show premade movie sims style) and seats. You make ur own building.

Same with maze and walkthrough. This was a complain by so many in rct3 and nobody liked those rabbit hole.

No, what you should Have is a modullar attration. A screen (that show premade movie sims style) and seats. You make ur own building.

Same with maze and walkthrough. This was a complain by so many in rct3 and nobody liked those rabbit hole.

I am MORE than happy to build my own theater, but do you really think the Devs are going to create pre-made films for Cinemas and Motion Simulators? That would be fantastic, but do you really see the Devs making that happen? I hope you are right.

Of course, they could provide us with a customizable screen (like RCT3 billboards) and let us upload our own GIF files or even videos... Now that would make me VERY happy.

Last edited:
RCT3 had rides with out first person, why does every ride need it? Maybe they are leaving them for UGC makers

the game still has a lot of work to be put into it

Last edited:
RCT3 had rides with out first person, why does every ride need it? Maybe they are leaving them for UGC makers

the game still has a lot of work to be put into it

I don't think every ride needs it, and I'm ok with a few rabbit holes here and there. I'd love to see the Circus Tent come back as a rabbit hole style attraction - I don't need an entire P.T. Barnum VR experience.

I'm afraid if the Devs can't make an attraction VR compatible, they will just leave it out of the game - meaning no Circus Tent attraction for example.

Last edited:
I think it should be an option key of whether or have first person or not. Wait, there kinda is. Just don't click on the camera, or choose one of the other camera options.

Last edited:
PC1 - were not discussing whether it is an option or not, we are discussing if we will have rides that do not have the option at all, like the circus or cinema from RCT3. Or will every ride have to have the ability? I assume with UGC it wont matter

Last edited:
PC1 - were not discussing whether it is an option or not, we are discussing if we will have rides that do not have the option at all, like the circus or cinema from RCT3. Or will every ride have to have the ability? I assume with UGC it wont matter

Sorry if I interpreted it wrong.

Rabbit holes are for lazy devs! I want to build the inside of my circus/ theatre/ (3D) cinema/ restaurant myself!

I want to build the interiors too, for theater/cinema and restaurants. Scale-wise, however, I think a circus might be challenging to say the least. Perhaps if they create something similar to the Wild West Show in RCT3 that you could build a tent around...

Perhaps if they create something similar to the Wild West Show in RCT3 that you could build a tent around...
Stage shows and stadium seating. The "show" would be no different than an animatronic with a queue and seats. We could build around them. I also hope to see the ability to picnic areas for guests to lounge/relax even eat in, and we could have a stage/show connected to it! (Similar to creating a pool in RCT3) hopefully with UGC [yesnod][up]

Last edited:
Top Bottom